Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Kinghams of Croydon (Subaru Main Dealer)

Search this Thread

Old 01 July 2012, 07:32 PM
TheCake
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kinghams of Croydon (Subaru Main Dealer)

Recently had the wagon in here for the lower-arm recall. Pleasant enough people, very small garage with only on-street parking. Made full use of their waiting area which is a comfortable motorsport-themed room.

However, being told my tyres were budget (18" Yokohama Advan Sport @ £200 a corner) and some porky pies about work that needed doing to the car I was pleased the recall work from Subaru was without cost and I won't need to go back.

Not recommended. Sorry about that.
Old 03 July 2012, 09:25 AM
keith kingham
Scooby Newbie

Hi, Sorry we let you down... I do take these things to heart, it was clearly wrong of us to call Yokahama " budget" , I really dont understand what we were thinking of. I have Geolanders on my own Outback and they are NOT budget tyres so..... very sorry. A bit of education needed I think. With regards to any other work you thought might not have been needed , I would really like to investigate the job card and check things out. Please could you either call me personally on 0208 680 4300 or e-mail me on keith@kinghams.co.uk. No witch hunt I dont work like that ( having been a tech myself I know that is counter productive ) However when we **** up I try and get to the bottom of things quickly and try and resolve. Regards keith Kingham

Last edited by keith kingham; 03 July 2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old 05 July 2012, 11:35 AM
TheCake
Scooby Newbie

Hi Keith,

Thanks for taking the time to come back to me. Didn't expect a reply to this post but appreciate you coming back to me. Hear is the outline from the visual health check which was carried out.

I will email you formerly but in summary;
Inspection Area's flagged as Red
- Wipers/Washer
Comment - Rear washer N/W (not working)
Offered to be fixed or investigated? No. I fixed it myself, was a blocked pipe in N/S/R quarter panel.

- Engine Oil Level
Comment - Off dipstick. Just above low
Offered to be topped up bearing in mind it is a performance vehicle? No. Only mentioned after it had been washed and left the garage.

- Near Side front Tyre
Comment - "inner 1, middle 4, outer 4"
- Off Side front Tyre
Comment - "inner 1, middle 4, outer 4"

Inspection Area's flagged as Amber
- Water coolant level
Comment - none
Offered to be investigated/looked at? No.
- Brake Fluid Level/Condition
Comment - Recommendation reads 'dirty'

The areas of particular interest are the very accurate wear percentages on the brakes, some 10%, some 20%... oddly enough I have just replaced my disks and pads all round 3 months on and there was over half of the material left on them from when new.

Bearing in mind the car was in for the lower arm recall check/grease/replacement which obviously could be a serious safety issue the following note is somewhat alarming

On the section "Under vehicle"
"Assessment limited due to low car"

And on the section brakes/hubs - bearing in mind the comment about brake wear it reads:
"Inappropriate ramp"

And obviously as disucssed above... Tyre Make Budget.....

I will email you personally regarding the above issues if you wish.
Old 06 July 2012, 08:27 AM
keith kingham
Scooby Newbie

Hi Thanks for your reply. I am keen to take issue with the technician who carried out the health check. Please can you e-mail me you reg. number so that I can pull out the job card. keith@kinghams.co.uk Kind regards keith Kingham