Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

*AVOID* JAP AUTO PARTS

Search this Thread

Old 15 October 2008, 12:06 AM
al02uk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *AVOID* JAP AUTO PARTS

Hi all,

I bought a 6 speed gearbox conversion from this lot, based in B'ham for £1775inc delivery.

I transfered the money to them and when it arrived (Saturday) the prop and linkage were missing. I called straight away and was told they were loaded into the wrong van and that I will get them first thing Monday morning.

Got to Tuesday and they wouldn't return any of my calls, I eventually got through to tha manager who claimed he was advertising it on behalf of his mate and wanted nothing to do with it.

Trading Standards are currently investigating them and ebay have banned them for bogus selling. I have also issued a court summons to them for the cost of a prop and linkage.

Apparently I'm not the first this has happened too. I don't want other hardworking people having hard earned money robbed from them.

I know this seems like a rant but i'm p**sed of beyond anything i can think of with this.
Old 15 October 2008, 09:11 PM
wrx9181
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

hope all gets resolved for you mate
Old 16 October 2008, 08:44 AM
al02uk
Scooby Regular

Ta mate,

I managed to get a prop and linkage from some guys on here, so all is not lost.

I'll only re-coupe the cost i paid for them to prove to the scumbags that we arnt all like them
Old 16 October 2008, 10:33 PM
M535I
Scooby Regular

van full of sn member should solve this mate lol , hope you get it sorted asap robbing ******.
Old 20 October 2008, 10:08 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

thats very bad! I will definatly avoid them at all costs, thanks for highlighting the robbing *******
Old 21 October 2008, 12:25 AM
rallycol
Scooby Regular

Bought a box off them ,tried to hide the stick and clutch fork,until I reminded them.BTW picked it up in person.
Old 22 October 2008, 11:43 AM
shag
Scooby Regular

what area of birmingham are there as there seems to be a couple with similar names, just want to avoid the one in question.
Old 25 October 2008, 09:58 PM
al02uk
Scooby Regular

I'm not sure of the exact place in B'ham but its in the Bromsgrove area.

They have disputed my court claim, saying that they know NOTHING at all of the transaction. The court date will be in November by the sounds of things, I'll let you know what happens then.

Will be interesting to see them face to face.
Old 02 November 2008, 01:07 PM
shag
Scooby Regular

Bromsgrove? right .thanks mate will avoid like the plague, sound like a right bunch of scammers.
Old 02 November 2008, 05:13 PM
DaveBeck
412/425 of forged love

Hope you get it sorted and thanks for the heads up. they must be dumb. saying they know nothing of it, why did you put money in there account then
Old 02 November 2008, 05:50 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

by any chance is this place raised above the street slightly on a long road....with a wall next to t e path and u drive up and park on the right? think one of them has a mitsubishi estate, this is going back couple of years though. Massive garage round the back, waiting room shabby with really bad long toilets? Quite a few asian people work there/own it? i swear its the same place. my mate had problems with them too with his evo, had to drive there to pick up the missing parts in the end plus they sent wrong parts out
Old 02 November 2008, 08:18 PM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by al02uk
I'm not sure of the exact place in B'ham but its in the Bromsgrove area.

They have disputed my court claim, saying that they know NOTHING at all of the transaction. The court date will be in November by the sounds of things, I'll let you know what happens then.

Will be interesting to see them face to face.
Bromsgrove is worcester not Birmingham. Anyway i hope you nail the barstewards.
Webby.
Old 02 November 2008, 10:04 PM
trevsjwood
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by al02uk
Hi all,

I bought a 6 speed gearbox conversion from this lot, based in B'ham for £1775inc delivery.

I transfered the money to them and when it arrived (Saturday) the prop and linkage were missing. I called straight away and was told they were loaded into the wrong van and that I will get them first thing Monday morning.

Got to Tuesday and they wouldn't return any of my calls, I eventually got through to tha manager who claimed he was advertising it on behalf of his mate and wanted nothing to do with it.

Trading Standards are currently investigating them and ebay have banned them for bogus selling. I have also issued a court summons to them for the cost of a prop and linkage.

Apparently I'm not the first this has happened too. I don't want other hardworking people having hard earned money robbed from them.

I know this seems like a rant but i'm p**sed of beyond anything i can think of with this.
I had problems with these guys, It wasn't a lot of money but I still lost out.
I couldn't pin anyone down to sort it out, they just kept passing me around fobbing me off with any excuse. Not honourable in any way.
Not to be confused with jap performance parts who are 1st class
Old 04 November 2008, 07:58 PM
al02uk
Scooby Regular

I've just had a chat with another guy who is fuming with them.

He paid for a P1 engine and they sent a WRX engine to him. After weeks and weeks of runaround conversations (just like trevs said) he eventually got his money back.
Old 23 February 2009, 07:11 PM
Denmark
Scooby Regular

I have the exaxct same story, so please tell what happend
I payed for a gearbox,shiftlinkade, prop and reardiff., and only got the gearbox,and i do also get the same stories with loaded to a wrong lorry, and is now lost be the freight company,
I lent my ebay account to a friend, so i want nothing to do with it.

This is the stores i have heard, and my patients is now run out.
Abou how much do you guys think i scould get my bank to withdraw, for the missing parts, is 600-700£ not the amount that the parts will cost, if i have to buy them somewere else?

they are now called "partsworld2008", and there is also another name, as i got 3 different emails, and there is a ebay account on one more

This is there address: Jap Auto Parts‎
306/316 Cherrywood Rd, Birmingham, West Midlands, B9 4UU, United Kingdom‎ - 0121 772 3078‎

/Skassa

Last edited by Denmark; 23 February 2009 at 07:24 PM.
Old 23 February 2009, 07:43 PM
al02uk
Scooby Regular

I would get the bank to retract every penny if you can to teach them a lesson.

Report it to ebay use my username as a reference (al02uk) because I reported it to their fraud department.

They also have a name called "Jap AJ Parts"

Is there someway these con artists can be reported, the police dont want anything to do with it?
Old 24 February 2009, 11:48 AM
Denmark
Scooby Regular

I have now had the bank to make a complainte, i i need to fill in some papers that will be with me tomorrow,
Then the bank can withdraw the money, Jap auto parts have sent me the gearbox, so they have a tracking number from "night freight" were they now says that it all was,
So luckely i got lots of mails, sms messages, and even my records , from night freight, were the say state ,that they only picked up the gearbox, and no extra parts from Jap auto parts.
So if anyone reading this is going to buy from them......STOP THAT.....They are cheaters...

/Skassa
Old 25 February 2009, 07:32 AM
Denmark
Scooby Regular

"". I have also issued a court summons to them for the cost of a prop and linkage.""

How much money, are you wanting for the parts?

On my deal there was also a rear diff included,

/Skassa
Old 25 February 2009, 04:02 PM
jr758774c
Scooby Regular

How amazing - they are still using the same excuses!! About 5 years ago I bought a gearbox off them for a Mitsi GTO TT and when it turned up it was for a NA. When I called them, they said my TT box had been loaded onto the wrong van etc.. after a LOT of messing around and numerous calls to the manager they finally admitted they never had a box for a Twin Turbo in the first place! I got a refund and kept the box they sent me and sold it on - Keptthe money made for the inconvienince they caused!
Old 25 February 2009, 07:11 PM
al02uk
Scooby Regular

I took them to court for the cost of the parts from a dealer which was £1200

I then changed it to the cost that I had paid for the parts from the guys on here and court costs etc which came to £600ish altogether.

If they lost £600 from me it seems they will make it back by ripping someone else off.
Old 25 February 2009, 07:16 PM
al02uk
Scooby Regular

I would get a dealer quote for the parts first.

It took me ages to find the linkage, they are well rare to buy on their own.

The propshaft was pretty easy but I think at the time I was just really lucky someone was selling one.

They didn't send the diff with mine either but it turned out I didnt need it anyway as the WRX one works fine.

I didnt bother persuing for the diff cost as my whole case was held on the fact it was totally impossible to complete the conversion without those parts.
Old 25 February 2009, 11:19 PM
jaynesbitt
Scooby Newbie

is this the same peoples?

SUPPLY+ENGINE+INSTALL Subaru Impreza 93-05 WRX 2.5 on eBay, also, Vehicle Repair Servicing, Car Vehicle, Local Services (end time 24-Mar-09 01:30:56 GMT)
Old 26 February 2009, 12:41 PM
Denmark
Scooby Regular

I have now payed for a brand new shiftlinkade, as i could not find a used one, and i have the 5speed propshaft at a workshop, to have it made shorter,

al02uk, so does that mean that you have resived your money, or are you still working on that?

They will not do anything with a refund with me,
so im getting the bank to make a chargeback, for the amount.

Thanks,
I have not checked the link, but i wrote the address in a earlyer post.

/Skassa
Old 26 February 2009, 07:32 PM
al02uk
Scooby Regular

Yes I got my money back eventually, it took 4 months but they wern't getting away with it.

jaynesbitt: I believe thats them using yet another name, the phone numbers trace back to an address on Cherrywood road. They do have two sites
Old 26 February 2009, 07:50 PM
jaynesbitt
Scooby Newbie

Shame,i was gona fone but il save the few pence i would have jus wasted!

Thanks and thank 'god' u got ur money back,even if it took 4 months!!!! :]
Old 27 February 2009, 09:41 PM
Denmark
Scooby Regular

I hope that i can get my money back with the visacard chargeback, otherwise, i will investigate to raise a lawsuit against them also, but will just wait for the outcome of the chargeback,
Jap auto just claims that i resived all the partsm in the shipment i got, even thourgh i have a statement from the Freightcompany that picked up the gearbox, stating, that is was gearbox only, and no other parts.

They are indeed a bunch of as......

/Skassa
Old 04 March 2009, 12:22 PM
Denmark
Scooby Regular

Oh great

I have now payed for new parts to get the gearbox on the car, and the box have a defect syncro on both 4th and 5th gear, so the gearbox is crunching on downshift, especialy into 4th gear, so this will be another task to make up, when buying from thoose basta...
And they dont answer the phone anymore,

a really bad part with that company is that, when ringing, there is a answer mashine, were you even can choose" press 3 for complaint", even though they dont answer this tells alot about a company like this,
If there is so many complaints, that its a option in the phone menu.

/Skassa
Old 04 March 2009, 08:32 PM
al02uk
Scooby Regular

Mate,

god knows where that number 3 button goes, it just rings forever. How have you got on with Ebay and the Bank? Can't believe the gearbox is broken too!!

The company are a bunch of con artists, Ive not heard one single good thing about them.
Old 09 March 2009, 08:43 AM
Denmark
Scooby Regular

Hi.

I have reported it to ebay, but they just send me a standard answer, were they can not tell me what will happen, regarding the seller.
I have even wrote a letter to ebay, that i think they are co responible for costumers being cheated by the same seller with different names.

I have now tried different oils in the gearbox, and there is no other way then to get the gearbox fixed, as both 4th and 5th synro is defect.

I´m currently tryin to get the bank to withdraw the money, but i dont no a outcome of that yet.

/Skassa

Quick Reply: *AVOID* JAP AUTO PARTS