Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Who can sell me a quality FMIC that's good for 500bhp?

Search this Thread

Old 08 June 2011, 11:44 AM
RS2 JIM
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who can sell me a quality FMIC that's good for 500bhp?

Hi all,

I have been trying to contact Harvey now for a week but to no avail. I appreciate he may be on holiday but sadly I need a new FMIC asap and it's holding up the next stages of my build.

I currently have a Hybrid HDI GT FMIC but am finding it is overwhelmed at the top end of the rev range with the boost i'm running and i'm getting inlet temps of 77degrees on a day when the ambients are sub 10 degress. I want to get a meth map or two next but there's no point if the high inlets are knocking back timing already so need to resolve this. The cooler fins are nicely in the airflow so that's not the issue.

I had identified the GT2 to be the FMIC to go for an as such have been trying to reach Harvey to buy one. I have even spoken to HDI in Oz to see if they can help but alas they cannot.

So, I am looking for a quality FMIC that will keep my inlets nice and cool. Ideally the cooler alone as I already have suitable pipework but it's not the end of the world. Budget is £500 max. My car is a 99 UK Classic Wagon track car so i'm not too concerned about having to chop my bumper further to fit a larger unit. The current core dims I have are approx 580 x 270 x 78mm. I wouldn't want anything smaller.

What can you offer? I can pay today by paypal, bank transfer or card over the phone and am happy to pay carriage to Aberdeen.

I look forward to hearing.

Cheers

James

oh and no Autobahn pish.
Old 09 June 2011, 10:11 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RS2 JIM
Hi all,

I have been trying to contact Harvey now for a week but to no avail. I appreciate he may be on holiday but sadly I need a new FMIC asap and it's holding up the next stages of my build.

I currently have a Hybrid HDI GT FMIC but am finding it is overwhelmed at the top end of the rev range with the boost i'm running and i'm getting inlet temps of 77degrees on a day when the ambients are sub 10 degress. I want to get a meth map or two next but there's no point if the high inlets are knocking back timing already so need to resolve this. The cooler fins are nicely in the airflow so that's not the issue.

I had identified the GT2 to be the FMIC to go for an as such have been trying to reach Harvey to buy one. I have even spoken to HDI in Oz to see if they can help but alas they cannot.

So, I am looking for a quality FMIC that will keep my inlets nice and cool. Ideally the cooler alone as I already have suitable pipework but it's not the end of the world. Budget is £500 max. My car is a 99 UK Classic Wagon track car so i'm not too concerned about having to chop my bumper further to fit a larger unit. The current core dims I have are approx 580 x 270 x 78mm. I wouldn't want anything smaller.

What can you offer? I can pay today by paypal, bank transfer or card over the phone and am happy to pay carriage to Aberdeen.

I look forward to hearing.

Cheers

James

oh and no Autobahn pish.
If you e-mail me today I will get back to you.
harveysmith1@btopenworld.com

1) The Hybrid GT is perfectly capable of running cars at 600 bhp.
2) I suggest you examine your installation for areas of improvement or alteration because the temps you report are way way above any we have experienced on similar power set ups.
3) Swapping to the GT2 core in place of the GT will not make a big difference unless there is some problem with the existing core. eg painted, lacquered, bad install etc.

I would get to the bottom of the problem before you go spending money.
Old 09 June 2011, 10:13 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

P.S. Start by looking for air flow issues.
Old 09 June 2011, 11:07 AM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

More info here Harvey

https://www.scoobynet.com/wanted-18/...lity-fmic.html
Old 09 June 2011, 12:25 PM
RS2 JIM
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Harvey,

Many thanks for the response. As per email i'll call shortly. Not quite sure why I have these issues but it would appear not to be isolated to one car.

Will speak soon.

Cheers

James
Old 10 June 2011, 08:39 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the link Banny.
James and I have had a couple of long conversations and he is investigating further.