Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

API Above and beyond again.

Search this Thread

Old 20 February 2009, 10:24 AM
burns
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default API Above and beyond again.

Tuesday night going home, I manage somehow to spit out my oxo senser from the downpipe just behind the turbo . Have a look at the sesnor and the thread has stripped . It will go in the hole but won't tighten, so I get it hand tight. Next day I phone API tell them my problem they promise to get a replacement in the post for next day delivery. Lunch time next day one of David's lads arrives with my new sensor. It seems the courier didn't turn up, so rather than let me down, they delivered it by hand, a round trip of 120 miles. Now that's what you call customer service.
Cheers David.
Old 20 February 2009, 10:30 AM
New_scooby_04

Great customer service from David and the lads as always....really can't see too many companies going that far!
Old 20 February 2009, 11:51 AM
b19man
Scooby Regular

was going to put a post up about api was wondering wat people thought cause i am wanting a rebuild done by them and now i know will go ahead with it cause people cant say anything bad about api

let the api rebuild commence
Old 20 February 2009, 01:09 PM
burns
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by b19man
was going to put a post up about api was wondering wat people thought cause i am wanting a rebuild done by them and now i know will go ahead with it cause people cant say anything bad about api

Very good move. API rebuilt my engine and pushed the power upto 426 bhp 2 years ago and it has never missed a beat.
Old 20 February 2009, 01:15 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by burns
Very good move. API rebuilt my engine and pushed the power upto 426 bhp 2 years ago and it has never missed a beat.
Out of curiosity, what lip spoiler do you have on your car, mate. Looks very nice. Would like one myself; were there any issues with fitting/rigidityof the lower bumper after having it hacked back for the FMIC?

Many thanks for any advice offered.

Ns04
Old 20 February 2009, 01:27 PM
Pete
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Not many, if any other Tuners would go to those lengths,

API do it again..

How,s things these days anyway Burns??
Old 20 February 2009, 01:42 PM
burns
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
Out of curiosity, what lip spoiler do you have on your car, mate. Looks very nice. Would like one myself; were there any issues with fitting/rigidityof the lower bumper after having it hacked back for the FMIC?

Many thanks for any advice offered.

Ns04
Ns, It's an original version 6 lip spoiler I got it from Scoobyparts - Subaru Impreza parts and accessories for about £130 delivered, it directly bolts to the existing front bumper, comes with the oe screws and is a perfect fit. Well worth it.
As for the bumper it's fine, you can't tell it's been cut back at all.

Last edited by burns; 20 February 2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 20 February 2009, 01:45 PM
burns
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pete
Not many, if any other Tuners would go to those lengths,

API do it again..

How,s things these days anyway Burns??
Wotcha Pete,
Just keeping my head down mate, as usual.
When you gonna get that motor uprated then?
Old 20 February 2009, 01:52 PM
Pete
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by burns
When you gonna get that motor uprated then?

It,ll be around May- June time pal, had a few chats with David which route to go with it etc, had the FMIC fitted so that,s a step towards it too..

I,m enjoying at the moment tbh Burns too, only has 350/350 but it doesn,t half deliver it with a nice punch..

430/460 in a classic must be a hoot mate..
Old 20 February 2009, 06:38 PM
172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by b19man

From my experience, you cant even trust them to send a correct parts out. Really ruined my weekend.
Old 20 February 2009, 07:11 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by 172sport
From my experience, you cant even trust them to send a correct parts out. Really ruined my weekend.
Have you spoken to David about this?

Ns04
Old 20 February 2009, 07:55 PM
172sport
Scooby Regular

Yup, Just will avoid in the future.
Old 20 February 2009, 09:15 PM
mit
Scooby Regular

NS04, this is a list of the subaru part numbers and prices for the sti 6 lip:
57796FA530NN - Spoiler x 1 @ £95.85
57728AC090 - Bumper Clip x 2 @ £0.66
57798FA100 - Protector x 1 @ £23.78
57728FA080 - Screw Grommet x 9 @ £0.38
904560009 - Screw x 9 @ £0.13

Just add vat!
Old 21 February 2009, 11:21 AM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am truly sorry about this. After sending the clutch kit out with what appears to be an incorrect friction disc I made amends with supplying another correct friction disc.

Our couriers have delivered it [ AND EVERY OTHER PARCEL bar one ] to the wrong addresses this week

That is every parcel, every day, all week.

We have spent hours tracing who has had what and getting them collected and redirected. They even managed to collect 4 wrong ones and take them to another four wrong destinations

There should have been an early am delivery to 172 this morning to enable him to take part in his track day. BUt having left 4 or so messages on his answerphone I have had no reply updating me.

I regret the mistake in the first place, after that we have not been in control, but have moved heaven and earth to get 11 packages found and redirected.

Not a good week here. Apologies to all who suffered in this mess.

No answer from the couriers about how/why this has happened. It smacks of a grudge by a staff member at the couriers who is leaving or been made redundant. There is no other logical explanation as to why ALL of them went stray. They are usually good.

David APi
Old 21 February 2009, 12:10 PM
burns
Scooby Regular

Yup, Just will avoid in the future.
Mate that's your perogative, but I have known David and API for a few years now and can say with all honesty that unlike many suppliers on here who would blame everyone but themselves when and if something goes wrong, they (API) will admit it and sort it out as best they can. David has said he sent the wrong part and has tried to remedy this. No bull****, no prevaricating just we've cocked up, we're sorry and will do what we can to sort it. On this occaision it hasn't worked out but it seems they have tried their best.
That to me shows what sort of company you're dealing with in API.
Old 21 February 2009, 02:43 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

I had a horrible experience when I visited API before christmas, they had so many parts laying around that I just had to buy and get Nathan to fit Plus I had to drink alot of their coffee and go out for a spin in Davids funky little yellow car
Old 21 February 2009, 06:28 PM
172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by APIDavid
I am truly sorry about this. After sending the clutch kit out with what appears to be an incorrect friction disc I made amends with supplying another correct friction disc.

Our couriers have delivered it [ AND EVERY OTHER PARCEL bar one ] to the wrong addresses this week

That is every parcel, every day, all week.

We have spent hours tracing who has had what and getting them collected and redirected. They even managed to collect 4 wrong ones and take them to another four wrong destinations

There should have been an early am delivery to 172 this morning to enable him to take part in his track day. BUt having left 4 or so messages on his answerphone I have had no reply updating me.

I regret the mistake in the first place, after that we have not been in control, but have moved heaven and earth to get 11 packages found and redirected.

Not a good week here. Apologies to all who suffered in this mess.

No answer from the couriers about how/why this has happened. It smacks of a grudge by a staff member at the couriers who is leaving or been made redundant. There is no other logical explanation as to why ALL of them went stray. They are usually good.

David APi
Hats off tho for the for sorting it ASAP, it must have taken some doing
Old 22 February 2009, 06:49 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer

Hats off tho for the for sorting it ASAP, it must have taken some doing
So did the replacement disc arrive Saturday a.m. as the couriers promised me ?? It will help them a bit when I eventually roast them, if they did manage to do something right last week.

David
Old 03 March 2009, 01:29 PM
carl 00
Scooby Regular

I spoke to david the other week when was having a few probs, because i live so close he said pop in they looked at my ecu for nowt, And as we all know nothing is free in car land. So i will be buying my bits from david when i have the cash....
Old 03 March 2009, 01:41 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

can no tsay anything but good things abou the team at API, i was up there on friday having a 6 speed and uprated clutch and flywheel fitted to my p1. thy had an issue with a part and to keep the job on david went and picked up the part at cost to him and a bonus to me to make sure that the job would be carried out. also drove me and my other half into leamington so we could go shopping for the day whilst it was being fitted. excluding all the help and pointers on a 2.5ltr conversion (david if you have had the chance can you send me the cost break down please) at the end of the day when i went to leave and he knew i was parking the car up in a hotel car park for the weekend and did not have a wheel brace offfered to lend me one of his so my car was safe.

from start to finsh he and his team went out of thier way and i will only be using them in future for any work.

again david thanks and a top job carried out and i am well chuffed with the new box

steve
Old 03 March 2009, 01:49 PM
shaggy6
Scooby Regular

I will be spending alot of hard earner cash with api soon so im hoping they meet my high expectations
Old 03 March 2009, 02:14 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!

Thanks Carl and Steve, you're making me embarrassed now.

David APi
Old 03 March 2009, 02:43 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

david when you get the chance can you price that little list up for me and drop me a pm or email then ew can take it form there

cheers
Old 03 March 2009, 03:05 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by stevie1982
david when you get the chance can you price that little list up for me and drop me a pm or email then ew can take it form there

cheers
Steve, I was about halfway through and the batteries in my calculator gave up. I put in a new set and they lasted about 5 minutes.

I'm after heavy duty now - I think it must be all those zero's on the end of the quote

I'm on it

David
Old 03 March 2009, 03:09 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

ha aint technology great, should get one of those evo batteries you mentoined to me to fit to the p1.

no worries but the calculator may perform better with less zero's at the end then!!!

cheers