Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Warrender - Comments Please

Search this Thread

Old 15 February 2002, 09:13 AM
Davej_Smith
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi,

I am considering buying a STi 7 from Warrender, does anyone have experience of this company and care to comment ?

Are their trade in allowances competitive ? Is thier service in general pretty good ?
Old 15 February 2002, 09:16 AM
Viper
Scooby Regular

Dave

They have recently moved to Northwich, the only dealings I have had with them: I would class as poor.I was offered an awful trade in price on my vehicle and asked whether I wanted to leave a deposit for a vehicle on my Credit Card over the phone, I hadn't even seen the vehicle!

Only my experience, others may have had better.

Cheers

Phil
Old 15 February 2002, 09:31 AM
sillysi
Scooby Regular

Mate of mine ordered a WRX STI 6, waited 6 months and when it arrived it was white, he ordered grey !! No problems since then.

[Edited by sillysi - 2/15/2002 10:59:42 AM]
Old 15 February 2002, 09:44 AM
iain atkins
Scooby Regular

Talking

I bought a williams 3 there in 1996, and i must say i had a good service from them, good trade in and very good finance deal.

They even offered me a good trade in when i wanted to change the williams for a Scooby. Trouble is i didn't want an import so ended up going elsewhere.

I know there has been a bust up of partners, due to one wanting to do stuff on the cheap, and the other wanting to offer a premium service.

The guys i dealt with were Steve and Scott and as i said before service was extremely good. I know they have setup their own thing now.

Steven Phillps is available on 01257 422224 and still deals in Jap Imports etc. I don't think you will be disappionted

Usual stuff about no connection etc..

Cheers

Iain
Old 15 February 2002, 10:38 AM
Joseph
Scooby Regular

I can only say good things about them their trade in prices very competitive.

Service excellent and extremly nice guys.
I have had a couple of cars from them and I know people that are still with them and on their sixth car.

They are one of the largest if not the largest jap performance importer in the country and that can't be cos they're crap can it.

The two main guys are Simon and Ian they are the ones you should talk to.

Speak to them first before you make any decisions, I sure you'll make the right choice.
J.
Old 15 February 2002, 11:27 AM
scottdg
Scooby Regular

M8 has had 3 Evos from these guys inc' the WRC340 (now 380). Excellent service no complaints. I also made recent enquiries, test drive requests, quotes etc on their WRC320, service seems efficient and appeared genuinely interested unlike a lot of network dealers!
Old 17 February 2002, 02:57 AM
JKJ2
Scooby Regular

Went looking for an Evo or STI, of which they had plenty, but when asked what the warrenties/service back up was like was told, "you're on your own". Needless to say I walked away and bought a Prodrive car, just as good, less hassle, obviously depends if you can get dependable aftersales servicing, I wasn't prepared to pay £22,000 for a car with no immediate back up from the place I bought it from.
Old 17 February 2002, 01:29 PM
MyDreamCar
Scooby Regular

I will let you know my findings - i brought a 95WRX from them 6 months and 2 weeks ago - with a 6 month warranty - the milometer has just gone wappy - so im not running the car cause i believe its illegal to run without a milometer. When i brought the car it was a 3 hour journey to pick it up and when i got there they had not touched up any of the stone chips on it - which they had said they would - which i was very disappointed at - im gonna contact them tommorow re. the milometer and ill post on here with the results - hopefully they will honour the warranty (2 weeks out of date!!) - its their chance to make good - 3 pay rises later and a late spec Supra appeals to me - so well see how they respond (not holding my breath though!)
Phil