Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

RC Developments - Warrington

Search this Thread

Old 21 September 2006, 01:45 PM
TheJesus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Developments - Warrington

morning chaps and chapesses, just thought I'd let you know about the shocking level of service my best mate got when he took his car to these jokers.

around 8 weeks ago my mates car started to boost at only 6psi and was really hesitent and jumpy when trying to accelerate up to normal road speeds (especially motorway speeds!), so he thought he'd get it looked at by his local family mechanic. He had a look and said it's likely to be the plugs/leads, coil, AFR meter or the turbo is on it's way out, so he'd heard that RC Developments are the people to talk to about Impreza's and to get it booked in there. Phones them up and they said they cant actually do any serious work on it for 5 weeks, but if he could bring it up in the meantime they will have a quick check over it and replace the cheesey DV it came with to a re-circ. Get the car there and one of the lads takes it out for a drive and comes back saying the AFR meter is broken and the turbo is well on it's way out, which my mate thought fair enough to. when he told me this I was a bit sceptical that he could know all this from a 5 minute drive when the car had just come off a motorway for the past 20+ miles, so suggested that it should be put up on diagnostics to be certain.
He said he trusted them as he seemed to think they had a great knowledge of the car so booked it in with them anyway for 5 weeks time and didn't drive the car that whole period (which must be gutting when you have a nice car like that sat there so long!).
He brings it back 5 weeks later and drops it off on a monday and RC told him it would be a 4 hour job, but as they have other work on it will be Wednesday when he gets it back with his turbo rebuilt, the car decat'd and the car remapped on the RR.
Wednesday arrived and he's had nothing back, so he phones them only to be told they have not even had chance to start work on it, but had put it on diagnostics and the turbo is going. He wasn't happy with this as he'd been waiting long enough as it is, so politely told them he would be down to pick it up and to forget about it.
He gets the car back, still boosting at 6psi with loads of juddering about and misfires and asked me if I knew anywhere that he can take it. I suggested he took it to Ric Wood to look at as he's pretty good with any and every engine from what I know, but said to get the diags and print out of what's up. He got there and Ric had it up on diagnostics and the sum of the problem? 1 arcing lead!
Replaced all the leads, car is now perfect running and he's saved himself over a grand! Unreal!
So, anyone taking there car to RC be warned!

(sorry for the war and peace post too!)
Old 21 September 2006, 02:17 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

This wont last. ScoobyNet is a 'criticism of potential advertisers-free zone!. The fact that libel law is only for the extremely wealthy (meaning that virtually all of the people who threaten it cant actually afford to make good their threats), doesnt seem to have registered here so far.....
Old 21 September 2006, 02:41 PM
ProdriveSTI
Scooby Regular

Location: My Beautiful STi is now sold, tho on the look out for another MINT scoob.

Originally Posted by TheJesus

so he'd heard that RC Developments are the people to talk to about Impreza's and to get it booked in there.
Always thought RC were all EVO's & dont really do scoobs?

My mate asked rang them wanting more power to his 04 STI they said they dont mod sti's only evo's???
Old 21 September 2006, 03:29 PM
simpsons !
Scooby Regular

Location: A Yorkshireman living in Lancashire, Recruiting for the War of the Roses part deux!

I don't know who this garage is so wo'nt comment on them. BUT why when a thread like this comes up it's nearly always a mate of a mate rather than the guy who's scoob it is? There are two sides to every story. Even getting one first hand can help.
Old 21 September 2006, 05:29 PM
TheJesus
Scooby Regular

his Dad who's well into his cars as well was there, he's the one that told me first, I then got the profanity filled version from my mate. I dont really think he'd have any reason to lie, no one stands to gain anything by it really. I did a post asking about them before and got no reply back, so find it funny that your here trying to shoot me down over this. I'm not bothered either way, I dont own a Impreza, but you guys do. Jeez, tough crowd, would hate to see your reaction to someone bashing a Subaru on here lol

ProdriveSTI - they do scoobs as well, they wanted to decat his car, RR it and remap it as well as reconditioning his turbo.

Anyway, thought I'd let you know of this bad experience with them, I couldn't care less if you believe it or not, like I said, no one gains anything by it.
Old 21 September 2006, 05:35 PM
WRX_Rich
Scooby Regular

not the first time this has been said on here
Old 21 September 2006, 07:19 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

My limited experience left a lot to be desired.
Old 21 September 2006, 07:37 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

I would love to know what kind of 'diagnostics' would tell you that the turbo is going - well apart from the lack of boost, smoke out of the exhaust and horrible whining/grating noises from under the bonnet

So they booked a car in for some mods - got held up - didn't look at it. It is unlikely they recommended the mods without some acceptance from your 'mate'.

Hardly makes them evil does it?

They may well have found the arcing lead once they had actually started on it.

Ok - they messed him about on availability - no great service.
Old 21 September 2006, 08:17 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GC8,
Thanks for your well thought out comments and your magnitude of knowledge concerning the legal system, as with the minority soap box kids, I presume I can now instruct our solicitor to draw up a legal document that has YOU underwriting ScoobyNet for any legal action taken, since you think our stance on libel and slander is so unjust and cases never come to fruition . But then since this original thread post is not a slagfest and has remained balanced it will remain, so your point is???

Please feel free to start off a thread in the policy forum about this, if you wish to forward me your details to underwrite ScoobyNet, so I can discuss this with our solicitor.

Apologies to "thejesus" for taking this thread off topic.

Regards,
Shaun.
Old 16 October 2006, 09:52 PM
mad mush
Scooby Newbie

they put the disks on my car on the wrong side
the disk are handed and they got them on the wrong sides with the grooves facing forward instead of backwards
thanks for that guys
Old 19 October 2006, 08:19 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Grooves are not important Mad mush, however the internal vanes are..

Andy