Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

scooby for sale

Search this Thread

Old 20 June 2006, 11:49 AM
billybenton
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scooby for sale

HI GUYS,
SEEN WRX STI V5 AT TM CARS BRADFORD.IMPORTERS ANYONE HAD ANY DEALINGS WITH EM GOOD R BAD.
WHAT COMMON FAULTS ON THIS MOD SHOULD I LOOK FOR ?
X REG 60000MILES. £7000. SAYS GRADE 4 IMPORT BUT NO DOCS TO PROVE!
TOO GOOD TO B TRUE? CHEERS. ON AUTO TRADER HAVE A LOOK.
Old 20 June 2006, 12:19 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

If its a Grade4 car then he will have the appraisal sheet to prove it; how would he know otherwise? If he cant provide it then..... draw your own conclusions. The appraisal sheet forms an extremely important part of the vehicles provenance and no one would throw it away; quite the opposite.

Simon
Old 20 June 2006, 12:20 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

.....and considering that it was imported and regisrered at least two years ago; how the f*ck would he know? I wouldnt entertain the car due to that alone.

Simon
Old 21 June 2006, 09:05 PM
billybenton
Scooby Regular

Default import with no appraisel doc

cheers simon
thought mutch the same myself bud.getting frustrated money burning hole in pocket! been looking in general for a couple of weeks now but need to start gettin out and drivin a few. so many abused examples out there mate. been to jase at scooby bits not got anything yet. £7000 budget lookin for a good grade wrx sti.thanks again for opinion simon.
Old 25 June 2006, 06:03 PM
S7EVY
Scooby Regular

I cannot understand how on earth can someone register a 3dr STi Type-R or 4 dr without a model report?, there is something not quiet right, That Keighley place have half a dozen 2 doors parked up, all 'fresh Imports',

Originally Posted by GC8
.....and considering that it was imported and regisrered at least two years ago; how the f*ck would he know? I wouldnt entertain the car due to that alone.

Simon
Old 25 June 2006, 06:23 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Falsified documents in all (alleged) probability; theyd still have to pass an SVA* (but not an E-SVA that requires a Model Report). Its also possible that theyve been imported through a a new EU member state that has a more casual approach to compliance testing..... When a vehicle is registered in the EU it can be registered here with only an MOT irrespective of its age.

Simon

* unless theyve been stupid enough to take the **** with an 'N' plate; whod be that stupid though.....?
Old 25 June 2006, 06:26 PM
scoobygez
Scooby Regular

the reason they have so many type r at keighley is simple just ask them?? its because the cunning guys there paid 16k to get all the model reports before they are released next year
Old 25 June 2006, 07:18 PM
flakey
Scooby Regular

I don't know what ktc are doing when registering there vehicles, but i don't think they paid 16k for model reports.
If they did they could make more money by registering other peoples vehicles for them and charging them a reasonable fee??
Trust me, they would make a lot more than 16k doing that, plus they would'nt have to put up with the hassle of importing as many cars themselves!!
Old 25 June 2006, 07:26 PM
oscarprezza
Scooby Regular

n there is no model report for a 3 dr coup ,according to vosa, ktc renowned for there porkies regarding cars, they dont spend a penny more than is req'd on there rubbage , so they r prob just fiddling with de reg docs or importing thru europe and to make this cost effective they r purchashing lowgrade pooooooooop and fiddling the invoices to attract less vat and duty, no moderation please cause this is the truth and i am only looking out for any prospective buyers ok, slander no truth yes!
Old 25 June 2006, 11:26 PM
billybenton
Scooby Regular

Default visit to ktc

HI THERE EVERYONE HAD A RUN UP TO KEIGHLEY TO SEE FOR MYSELF AND TO TEST DRIVE A WRX,STI, GET A FEEL FOR DIFFERENT MODELS. PAIN IN **** TO FIND! SHOULD AV LISTENED GUYS WASTE OF TIME. WOULD NOT LET ME TEST DRIVE ANY MANAGED TO GET HIM TO TAKE ME OUT IN A WRX . LETS JUST SAY NOT GOOD! COULD NOT BE BOTHERED WITH ME. HIS LOSS. HAVE PUT DEPOSIT ON STI V3 FROM JAP PERFORMANCE BRADFORD.£6600. 66000KM. NEEDS SOME SCUFFS PAINTIN BUT LOOKS A DECENT MOTOR. JUST HOPE OK!
Old 26 June 2006, 10:48 AM
S7EVY
Scooby Regular

I think you are in safe hands if your buying from JP in Bradford, i've had mine a few months had no bother

Originally Posted by billybenton
HAVE PUT DEPOSIT ON STI V3 FROM JAP PERFORMANCE BRADFORD.£6600. 66000KM. NEEDS SOME SCUFFS PAINTIN BUT LOOKS A DECENT MOTOR. JUST HOPE OK!
Old 26 June 2006, 02:45 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobygez
the reason they have so many type r at keighley is simple just ask them?? its because the cunning guys there paid 16k to get all the model reports before they are released next year
Im sceptical too; Model Reports arent 'released'. They are the sole property of the originator and held by the DoT. At inception the DoT ask whether you wish to make them available for rent; all you get then (as the hirer) though is a letter of authorisation.

Simon
Old 26 June 2006, 02:48 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

....and as Flakey has righty stated; even if they werent allowing the reports to be hired out; they could make a fortune E-SVAing Type-Rs and such themselves. Theres far more money to be made prepping and testing Type-Rs then there is selling them yourselves. If you have a Model Report its a licence to print money.....