Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Thankyou API.........David

Search this Thread

Old 10 September 2005, 07:25 PM
Tim Bomford
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Thankyou API.........David

Just wanted to convey my thanks to API for carrying out (what turned out to be extensive) work on my sti 5. Took it in for plugs, oil, braided hoses and wrapping and fitting of X-force headers.

Turned out to be all of the above plus a catch tank (pesky display cabinet) and my knocklink and lamdalink (been in a drawer for yonks) and the engine out to track down an elusive oil leak.

I was loaned a car and given a bacon sandwich for me troubles plus was kept in touch at every stage whilst they had the car. The car is running really well and its reassuring to see whats going on having the knock/lamda sensors fitted (at last). The headers tone will take some getting used to and I cant wait to get it remapped (and find out if I really do gain 25ft/lb of torque). Early indications are the car is smoother, quieter, and quicker.

Please pass on my thanks to the guys, and thanks to you too David.

See you soon

Tim
Old 10 September 2005, 07:45 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for that Tim, It's really nice to have customers appreciate your efforts.

That 'shiny' cabinet is a good-un eh!! A bit like sweets at the checkout......

Thanks for the feedback on the headers it helps to advise others.

Kind regards David and the gang

APi

Originally Posted by Tim Bomford
Just wanted to convey my thanks to API for carrying out (what turned out to be extensive) work on my sti 5. Took it in for plugs, oil, braided hoses and wrapping and fitting of X-force headers.

Turned out to be all of the above plus a catch tank (pesky display cabinet) and my knocklink and lamdalink (been in a drawer for yonks) and the engine out to track down an elusive oil leak.

I was loaned a car and given a bacon sandwich for me troubles plus was kept in touch at every stage whilst they had the car. The car is running really well and its reassuring to see whats going on having the knock/lamda sensors fitted (at last). The headers tone will take some getting used to and I cant wait to get it remapped (and find out if I really do gain 25ft/lb of torque). Early indications are the car is smoother, quieter, and quicker.

Please pass on my thanks to the guys, and thanks to you too David.

See you soon

Tim
Old 10 September 2005, 07:57 PM
Tim Bomford
Scooby Regular

Talking

Praise where praise due David. Yes the cabinet was unfair and the lights should have been off and it turned against the wall just to be sure!

Please pass on thanks to all the chaps involved, and re- the headers...really seem to fly higher up the rev range.

Tim
Old 11 September 2005, 07:23 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tim Bomford
given a bacon sandwich
I'll remember that next time at my service