Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Coming in from Iceland and need info

Search this Thread

Old 20 July 2004, 12:00 AM
armann
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Coming in from Iceland and need info

Hello.

I'm coming to England in august and I'm bringing my 2002 WRX with me.
It's totally stock, I'm going to mod it alot while I'm there, I need information
about places that have rolling roads that you recommend ?
The place needs to have a full facilty, going to work on the suspension also and it would be best if I could buy all the products at this place, so I dont need to travel around England, it's scary driving on the wrong side of the road hehe.
I'm thinking about using mostly Blitz components, any comments on that, anything else you recommend ?

Right now I'm leaning towards Power Engineering since they have all the products that I will need and seem to know what they are doing.
Anything bad you guys have heard about their exhaust system or them for that matter ?

I dont know anything about modding cars in the U.k so every bit of information would be great

Sorry if the spelling is way of...

Best regards...Armann.
Old 20 July 2004, 12:14 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are modding your car and want cost effective power output you need to start by sorting out the spec. It is not just a matter of bolting on some Blitz bits or any other bits for that matter.
Secondly, Iceland is a long way away so it would be best to have all the bits sorted out before you come.
If your modifications extend to mapping then a lot of the work will be done on the road in real conditions although it would be nice to have a before and after rolling road figure. Use the same rolling road each time or the figures are meaningless.
You might like to contact Bob Rawle/BRD, Bob Rawle Developments who advertise and come on here from time to time. They have achieved some good results on these cars. They also use the rolling road at Power Engineering.
There are other 4 wheel drive rolling roads at Aylesbury, Cheltenham and Batley to name just a few, depending on your travel within the UK.
Old 20 July 2004, 12:27 PM
screwdriver
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by armann
Right now I'm leaning towards Power Engineering since they have all the products that I will need and seem to know what they are doing.
Anything bad you guys have heard about their exhaust system or them for that matter ?
Best regards...Armann.
I recently had my Legacy GT import serviced at Power Engineering and I can thoroughly recommend them. Very friendly and enthusiastic team, workshops are well organised and their business looks like it is expanding.

The bill was less than I had expected too!

Screwd.
Old 20 July 2004, 11:55 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I should also point out that Bob has already been to Iceland to map the car for Halldor Jonsson and that car is running in Ten of the Best in the UK 1st August. I think it is a champion winning car in Iceland with 11.7`s on the quarter. The car was prepared in the UK by Roger Clark Motorsport and mapped by Bob who as I already said has had some spectacular results with his performance package for these cars.
Old 23 July 2004, 12:20 PM
armann
Scooby Newbie

Thanks guys for the reply.
I'm going to phone Power Engineering today and set a date and double check that they have allt the products that I want.