Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Haddocks Colchester - Body Service

Search this Thread

Old 19 May 2004, 11:16 AM
aqua
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haddocks Colchester - Body Service

Just booked my car in for its 3 year body service (Days has a 2 month waiting list!!!!) and I asked how much it would be and they said they "thought" about £100. I asked why it wasn't menu pricing and they came back with some waffle about it depends on the materials required.

I then asked how many body services they had done and they thought it was 1 or 2 - gulp.

So my worry is do they really know what they are doing and has anyone else on Scoobynet used them and are pleased with the work they do.

Thanks
H
Old 19 May 2004, 12:24 PM
Gidney&Knowlesy
Scooby Regular

They are a new dealership, so its quite probable under the "H" Banner they haven't done many cars fullstop.

That said they took on able mechanics etc from Colchester (Subaru dealership for many years), who had many years of servicing & this type of work.

I have a number of friends that have used them & are xtremely pleased with the servicing they provide...

At least give them a chance......
Old 19 May 2004, 01:13 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

Having had a very poor body service done (not Haddocks), although you will notice I'm from Essex, I would ask them if they clean under the arches and allow to dry before they apply the treatment.
Also, will your car come back with as much waxoil on the paintwork as they managed to get into the cavities.
Allan
Old 19 May 2004, 11:00 PM
Tim Taylor
Scooby Regular

Smile Shouldn't be a problem for them

Originally Posted by XtremeScoobies
That said they took on able mechanics etc from Colchester (Subaru dealership for many years), who had many years of servicing & this type of work.
Aqua/Henry

They do have mechanics who can carry out this kind of work. As you know I am an ex Osborne employee. I have seen many body services carried out before so there should be no problem with them doing yours. To be fair not many people that I had noticed have this service done anyway but I have seen warranty claims refused for not having it done.

How's the car going anyway? Do you still have your MG as well?

Tim
Old 20 May 2004, 09:18 AM
aqua
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tim Taylor
Aqua/Henry

They do have mechanics who can carry out this kind of work. As you know I am an ex Osborne employee. I have seen many body services carried out before so there should be no problem with them doing yours. To be fair not many people that I had noticed have this service done anyway but I have seen warranty claims refused for not having it done.

How's the car going anyway? Do you still have your MG as well?

Tim
Thank you all for replying I will stick with them and certainly ask when I drop it off whether they clean off any muck before applying the waxes. I am going to leave it with them overnight so everything dries and they clean any overspray off before pickup.

Hi Tim

good to hear from you, yeah still have the MG Roadster I still can't quite let it go for sale especially in this weather. Scoob still flying and love it to pieces.

Where are you working these days? I thought I might catch up with you at Japfest but I think I see you had to pull out for work commitments.... shame.

All the best.

Henry
Old 21 May 2004, 11:17 PM
Tim Taylor
Scooby Regular

Smile

Henry

I now work at VW in Chelmsford. It's a Shame about Japfest but work calls

Maybe I'll catch up with you at the Halfway House meet sometime?

Tim
Old 30 May 2004, 06:32 PM
aqua
Scooby Regular

Just a quick update to let anyone who might be interested that the bodywork service was completed satisfactorily for the sum of £105 less SIDC discount. Although they did try and charge me over £300 for it but when I picked myself off the floor and explained that couldn't possibly be right they found that every item on the bill had been tripled.

The guys there all seem very genuine and friendly and are obviously still getting used to the new franchise and the high expectations of Scooby owners.
Old 31 May 2004, 03:43 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

Good news.