Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Need Help With SVA

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2004, 09:31 PM
Ver.4
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help With SVA

Hello people, i am a new scooby owner. I have just bought a R Reg STI Type R import and understand i need an SVA Test to be taken, anyone know anywhere cheap? and how much am i looking to have to fork out in total, (that includes any changes made + price of test) i live in yorkshire.

Also i need the speedometer converting into mph and have found this converter for £58 which is meant to plug into the gearbox somehow, is it worth it and will it work.

ANY HELP IS GREATFULLY APPRECEATED !!!
Old 20 April 2004, 10:06 PM
Cornelius
Scooby Regular

the SVA test will cost around £170, You'll definately will have to have rear foglights fitted.
My speedo has been converted using a convertor which plugs in between the speedo and gear box cable, this also rids the car of the 112mph speed limiter (if the car is a jap import) all you'll have to do then is to cover the K from the KPM on the speedo dial
Old 20 April 2004, 10:25 PM
Ver.4
Scooby Regular

Right, so how much will i be looking to pay for it in total, it is a jap import so the KMH will need to be converted. Where is the nearest centre where i can have the test taken for this price. If you know could you tell me how much it would cost me to get my vehicle ECU remapped or something like that as i have heard i might have problems when going over 112 mph, is my knowledge correct and if so, how much am i looking at.
Old 21 April 2004, 01:49 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

have you already booked the SVA??

The rules changed on April the 1st (or were supposed to anyway). SO you'll now have to get emissions test etc. done should cost about £1500
Old 21 April 2004, 06:30 PM
Cornelius
Scooby Regular

I couldn't honestly tell you how much it will cost in all to make a jap car road legal (Including SVA) as Mine was already done, and registered, though having said that, my car isn't registered properly, on the V5 all it's got for make and model is Subaru, and the engine number given is EJ20, so I have to get in touch with the DVLA and get it sorted out.
I build kit cars and am currently making my car (Marlin Roadster) SVA legal, which isn't much fun and contactable radius's come into play with a whole host of other things, most of which modern cars like Subaru will already be compatable with, oops, enough of my raving!!
Old 21 April 2004, 07:58 PM
wrrjones
Scooby Regular

looks like you will have some problems as all cars built after 1997 need a model report
if there is not one avalible for you car you will not be able to sva the car at all im afraid.
kit cars are totally different nothing like sva,ing a car ...

all the rules changed on the 1st of april as before you could get round the model report buy using the disabled loop hole which no longer exists....

also if there is a model report avalible it could cost you up to £500+ to hire it for the sva as these cost around £5k to do.

the sva test now costs £190

also with your car bieng a type r there is no comparison subaru of that age to to do a report.

i will check for you to see there is a model report avalible and let you no the costs involved if there is .

as for the work involved this depands on the car as it will need to be totally std .
chris .. ccs performance .

Last edited by wrrjones; 22 April 2004 at 08:36 AM.
Old 21 April 2004, 08:03 PM
wrrjones
Scooby Regular

and if a model report is avalible we can arrange every thing too and we are quite local.
castleford...... chris

you have PM..

Trending Topics

Old 22 April 2004, 08:21 AM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Chris knows his stuff!

He is right about model reports - bloody changing 1/04/04! So annoying

Chris will sort it mate
Old 22 April 2004, 07:44 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wrrjones
looks like you will have some problems as all cars built after 1997 need a model report if there is not one avalible for you car you will not be able to sva the car at all im afraid.

all the rules changed on the 1st of april as before you could get round the model report buy using the disabled loop hole which no longer exists....

also with your car bieng a type r there is no comparison subaru of that age to to do a report.

i will check for you to see there is a model report avalible and let you no the costs involved if there is .

chris .. ccs performance .
I was talking to the guys at www.modelreports.com who coordinate all the reports that have been generated by various people all over the country. There isn't one at this time for V4 or V5

Without putting too fine a point on it - there is no way an STi V4 or V5 with the polution code GF in the chassis number will EVER pass an SVA. since April one they are a no-no.

Talk to them after a visit to their website - you may be in big trouble with that car.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad tidings.

David API Engines
Old 23 April 2004, 10:10 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

look here, this is all the info you will need on the SVA

http://www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/group...ds_506813.hcsp

Tony

PS, you want to read the PDF files