Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Who Do You Recommend ....

Search this Thread

Old 17 December 2003, 12:42 PM
BoyseySTi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now Vale Motors has closed, I need to find a new Subaru dealer to make sure I keep my warranty intact.

Nearest dealer is going to be at least a 1.5 hour each way drive and a day of work so I want to make sure I pick a good one ... am looking for people's recommendations, it's my baby's first service!

Seems like my choices are;
Simpsons of Swindon
Tileys of Bristol
Templeton Motors in Branstable
Ashburton Motor works in Newton Abbott
Sparshatts of Botley
Adams in Aylesbury
CD Bramall in Cheltenham
TH White in Cirencester

Thinnk I'll post this in southern too ...

Boysey
Old 17 December 2003, 02:14 PM
spider
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boysey,

Only one of that lot I've used is Simpsons in Swindon. Can't say anything bad about them and, if you phone around, they're not stupid prices either.

Example: when I wanted my freeflow downpipe fitted I was being quoted a minimum of 2 hours by various other places (dealers and independants). Lady on the service reception of Simpsons' response was "I'd be disappointed if our most junior trainee took over an hour to do that, including any problems" She was right - all done for less than half the cost others quoted!

You get a lovely Proton loan car to visit the shopping extravaganza that is Swindon too

I've heard that Cheltenham is best avoided even if they were the last official dealer in the UK, but you'd best do a search to form your own opinion.

Good luck,
Steve