Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Disappointing dealer service

Search this Thread

Old 04 December 2003, 12:00 PM
lucky_strike
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Just got my car back from its 20K service (MY02 WRX), just one year old now (doesn't seem like a year of my first Scooby ownership!).

Anyway, had to change dealers because my local one shut down. Chose another (don't want to say which at this point) and it went in the day before yesterday for the standard 20K service and the 12 month body service.

Is it normal for the car to come back from the body service with sealant overspray over the edges of both front wings, around the petrol cap door and dripping down and along the sills (it's dry but just not been cleaned off). They had the car for two days to complete everything.

And there are what I can only describe as 'pools' of black tar like substances all over the inner section of the alloy wheels (Prodrive PD7's) where the goo as settled at the bottom after wheel arch application - they clearly haven't removed the wheels to apply, in fact the brake dust and dirt on them tells me the wheels haven't been off at all during any part of the std. or body service, as well as black goo on the outside of the wheel, over the Prodrive writing on one whell. Overspray all over the engine and accessories - they sure wont rust but there is a brown haze over most components and thick brown over many - inc. the aluminium id plates 'cos I'm sure they would rust!

No wheel rotation, no checking of the wheel balance which I requested, no headlamp alignment check as requested, no brake fluid change as per service booklet and over an hours drive each way... not happy right now.

I'm most concerned about the body service actually. How easy is it going to be to get all the gunk of the body and the wheels and why should I spend so much time having to get it sorted!

Is this normal body service practice?

Cheers,
Richard.
Old 04 December 2003, 12:57 PM
TonyNesta
Scooby Regular

Angry

This sounds like pure laziness, or failing that, work done by someone who has no idea whatsoever about what they're doing. Take it back and speak to the service manager or dealer principal and insist they put right all the mess, and do the jobs they haven't done. Take along a draft copy of a letter that you're going to send to IM listing all the problems. Names, dates and photos are good too.

If they put it right and don't charge you, or charge you just for parts, they're serious about customer service. Anything less than that, and they don't give a monkeys'. Name and shame them, and never return.

Are they a long standing dealership, or relatively new ?

T
Old 04 December 2003, 03:41 PM
scoobyslut
Scooby Regular

I would make my first point of call to customer service at Subaru Uk, forget trying to get sense out of the dealer. Go above them first and let the dust settle , then you will get a better response back,possibly including some form of compensation, or "voucher" towards your nest service. been there, played my face and came away with such in the past. So complain to the right person. Or they will simply keep doing this to other customers.
Old 04 December 2003, 05:32 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

Richard,
My body service was a very similar standard to yours, needless to say I now use a different dealer. I'm quite happy to make a 100 mile round trip to a dealer that I trust.

Hope you get it sorted

Allan
Old 05 December 2003, 02:04 PM
lucky_strike
Scooby Regular

Angry

Thanks for the feedback, I've taken some pictures and I'm gonna send a letter to Subaru UK - it got slightly worse whilst taking the pictures, I spotted four scratches and a small dent across two of them in the rear drivers side door! Given the scratches are each about one to two inches in length but spread across about 8 inches in a horizontal line I would suspect some tight parking in the garage and a bumper has just nudged it...

Unbelievable.

Edited to add:
Spoken to and emailed IM and the dealer principle - IM replied by phoneand suggest I need to direct my issues to the dealer so both IM and the dealer have an email letter and pictures of my issues...

[Edited by lucky_strike - 12/5/2003 4:18:56 PM]
Old 05 December 2003, 08:50 PM
Flat 4x4
Scooby Regular

lucky

What dealers are left within distance of Blackburn/Accy now that A&J White's have gone ?
Old 06 December 2003, 10:58 AM
lucky_strike
Scooby Regular

IM told me yesterday that a new dealer in Preston has just opened up - Ryding & Co. Wish I knew that a couple of weeks ago when I was booking my car in!

The same dealer has serviced my Grandad's Civic for years and he has never had issues with them so I'm hopeful they will be ok for me in the future.
Old 07 December 2003, 12:49 PM
stephen emery
Scooby Regular

Stan Palmers Carlisle just off M6 .. best Scooob dealer.

I know its a travel but trust me its worth it

Everyone i have met who has used them have been totally impressed

Steve

ps i have used loads of dealers in the past .. not changing now