Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

chipsaway

Search this Thread

Old 16 September 2003, 01:25 PM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Booked them to come out next week to touch up the rear bumper where someone caught it getting out of a parking spot and get a couple of dings out the rear door. Anyone got an opinion on these people?
Old 16 September 2003, 01:42 PM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

From reading a few threads from the search it seems that it all depends on the the bloke/franchise doing the work, so has anyone used the Birmingham area bloke called Lee??
Old 16 September 2003, 03:01 PM
DJ140
Scooby Regular

Did a great job on my bumper, you can't see where he sprayed it at all. Why do they install posts at the back of parking bays!

Dan
Old 16 September 2003, 03:02 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

Hopefully the job will be done by a professional with loads of experience and whatever repair they do will be totally undetectable by the naked eye. However, you could just get anyone that wanted to spend about £20k setting up a new franchise business and is fresh off the training course which is unlikely to result in a decent job. Ideally you would need to find some previous customers. Not much use to Birmingham but I rate the Chipsaway Car Care Centre in St. Albans very highly.
Old 16 September 2003, 08:15 PM
Chrisscoob
Scooby Regular

Booked a chap called Rob Dixon from Porthcawl in South Wales, First time his wife phoned me 1/2 hr before he was supposed to arrrive to tell me his compressor had broke down, no probs said id phone and make another appointment. phone dhim the following week and made an appointment for a fortnight later, he phoned me 20 mins before he was due and guess what his compressor had broke again. I offered him the use of my compressor and he told me he would be with me shortly , guess what its now4 days later and I still have not heard from him.Would not recommend him to anyone.Have now booked in at a chipsaway centre in Cardiff, a chap by the name of Geoff Mayer whom I found very helpful, will let you all know how his work is

Chris
Old 16 September 2003, 08:54 PM
Danny B
Scooby Regular

I had a bloke called Nick come over from Fleet, Hants to touch up my chips. Did a excellent job, charged me £75 and told me to point out all the chips and he would do them all, boy did he earn his money that day. I went over the car first, then my Wife, then my Son and finally my neighbour. End result was very good and a spot on colour match.
Like other people have said, it all depends on the operator.