Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Anybody got any good or bad reports about Monks Heath or Robinson's of Rochdale?

Search this Thread

Old 03 July 2003, 12:54 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Anybody got any feed back on these two main dealers. From sales to service, need to decide which one to deal with but have previously only bought parts from them and both have been very helpful so far.

Cheers,

Tony.
Old 03 July 2003, 03:39 PM
pwebb
Scooby Regular

Monks Heath a bit laid back about sales - they get all the uk fleet business from lex so don't have to try very hard - also have been a bit brusque with people wanting test drives in the past -
servicing - ok but not stunning - usually pretty helpful with warranty claims, parts department pretty good.

summary - you could do a lot better but they have a geographical advantage for anyone south manchester/cheshire.

I will leave it for someone else to comment on robinsons

Paul w
Old 03 July 2003, 03:42 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Cheers for that. I'm located in Worsley so im basically between the two dealers, Monks Heath being closer to work tho. I certainly agree about the parts department... very good.

The sales part may not be important..... anybody taken a euro import to any of these dealers?

Tony.
Old 08 July 2003, 12:06 AM
shropshire lad
Scooby Newbie

I have tried both when I was up in Manchester. Bascially Robinsons better and more attentive. MOnks Heath can be snooty, but OK most of the time. From Worsley probably Robinsons are best bet

Old 08 July 2003, 07:42 AM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Having spoke to both over the weekend.... i'd rather deal with Robinsons too to be honest.

Cheers,

Tony.
Old 08 July 2003, 10:08 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Tony,

I use Robinsons and I have no real compalints. In fact I would recommend them. The only area they have let me down is not returning my calls which although slightly annoying is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Guy
Old 08 July 2003, 10:22 AM
Avi
Scooby Regular

Try Mainland in Widnes .. Speak to Danny. good bloke and enthusiastic too , it was easily worth the drive. I used to use Monks Heath, but they treated me like **** !
Old 08 July 2003, 12:35 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys.

I have a couple of very interested parties in my car.... so i could be in a position to buy soon. Avi..... not in the market so a WRX are you? Still got the sport?

Tony.
Old 16 July 2003, 06:24 PM
douglasb
Scooby Regular

I'm happy with Monks Heath. Bought the Legacy there and have had all servicing done there. Courtesy car available if you let them know in advance.

At 36K there was a knocking noise from the engine. This was attended to at the service. When I went to collect the car I asked the receptionist what the noise problem had been. Without looking at the invoice, service book, computer or anything, or asking a mechanic what the problem had been, she was able to tell me that it had been the timing belt tensioner which had been replaced under warranty. I was impressed.

Labour charge is £55 per hour.

Doug