Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

NAME AND SHAME HAYDON LOTUS

Search this Thread

Old 07 February 2003, 10:31 AM
TVR Gary
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right they have had their chance so now im gonna name them.

One year ago almost to the day i competed in the fire brigade three peaks challenge to raise money for charity. Part of this was to offer a raffle prize with the proceeds going to charity. I was lucky enough to win a track day with Haydon Lotus in Salisbury. What a result and they are only 17 miles from where I live. Went in to claim my prize, Castle Combe was to be the venue driving Lotus cars etc. Happy days.
First date came and went .....cancelled
second date came and went.....cancelled
Third date came and went......cancelled

Tried tried tried to contact or sort another date, we will ring you back etc etc .... went in to talk to them 4 times, everytime the right person wasnt there. Basically being given a load of old pony.

Last time i went in the name had changed, they are now called SOUTH COAST SPORTS CARS (I think). Funny though seems to be the same people working there.

So after one year I feel I have been screwed and in aid of charity as well.

So Haydon Lotus I shame you. I am writting to the local papers tonight and if anyone has the equvilent Lotus website to this one I would love to put this note on there also.

Con merchants so beware of them

[Edited by TVR Gary - 7/2/2003 10:33:19 AM]
Old 02 July 2003, 03:54 PM
TVR Gary
Scooby Regular

What no comments?
Old 02 July 2003, 04:14 PM
Gidney&Knowlesy
Scooby Regular

Wink

Well done on your charity work.....

Its always disappointing when you win something and then don't get the goods or find out its not what was initially offered or there was some catch.

Many businesses close and open under a new name, may be financial it may be that it was sold on etc. SO its not uncommon for the same people to be there.

Now that it is trading under a different name I'm sure they won't have to honour something that was agreed under the old dealership, though it maybe good PR for them to do something.

You seem to have covered all the angles, writing to watchdog, getting the local press involved, though have you though about writing to Lotus' CEO directly or getting through to him/her.

I read somewhere, might be that Japanese Philosopher Kaizen - if you loose money or personal items to people, think of it as a gift that way you can deal with it and get on with your life rather than remaining bitter.

Personally I think Kaizen spouted a load of b8ll8ks and its not done me any favours..............you go for it.....