Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

First Service / Warranty time Subaru Benelux (Holland)

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2003, 07:49 PM
Apple
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Ajax

IIRC you've to send / fax IM with copies of your invoice (blank out the price if you want ), Certificate of Conformity (for EU sourced parallel imports) and V5 form (received when you registered it to get your plates)

put this lot with a covering letter saying things along the lines of you want to register your car with them to commence the warranty etc.

I'd heard that IM woukdn't reply so put something in the fax saying that if I hadn't heard within 7 days I'd get in touch - I heard back by return of post

Apple

[Edited by Apple - 5/2/2003 7:51:10 PM]
Old 02 May 2003, 07:37 PM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

I thought my first service was going to be at 1000 miles and looked in the service book only to find it is:
5000km (3,105) miles) 3 months
15,000km (9,315 miles) 12months
30,000km (18,630 miles) 24 months etc

Strange that it is so different i.e. three times as far to the first service.

My local garage said I must do it to the Service & Warranty Booklet issued by Subaru Benelux and reminded me to register the car with Subaru UK.

How do I go about this, would have thought it was done by the garage at pre-delivery inspection.

Is there something more I should do to let them know I have the car in the UK ?
Old 02 May 2003, 07:59 PM
Apple
Scooby Regular

what MY is your car - it seems a different servicing schedule yet again...

MY03 on are as per uk spec (10k miles / 12 months) and IM have said that MY02 are 6 month 12500 KM (7500miles-ish) even though Belgian MY02s are 125000km / 12 months

the paperwork can't be done at the supplying dealer's garage as they don't register it in the UK (i.e. no V5) and unless you take eveerythhing to the UK dealer - they won't do it either. There's also been a few stories (AFAIR) of watching the fax go from the dealer's machine and then finding you're not covered at IM's end if you need the warranty... it's easier to do it yourself and make sure
Old 02 May 2003, 08:58 PM
knuckledragger
Scooby Regular

My MY02 WRX had it's 1000mile oil change service at Quenby's in Baldock, Herts. This is an essential service to get rid of that thin oil. I'm due my 6month service in a few weeks time and will be going back there to have it done.
Old 02 May 2003, 10:30 PM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Apple:

My car is a MYO3WRX from Holland; I got it from Well Lane turbo centre.

Pre-delivery inspection was on 10/04/03 in Holland the next space with a stamp is 5000km / 3 months

In the owners manual it looks like 9000/12months as the 1000 and 3000 columns are blank.

My local service agent said follows the service/warranty Booklet.

It now has about 600 miles on the clock, what am I to do?
Old 03 May 2003, 12:11 AM
midlife-crisis-scooby
Scooby Regular

Ajax..

As you know I bought a MY02 from Dean at Well Lane...here's the letter I wrote to Subaru UK (Ian Pyke dealt with it) asking for registration for a Pan -Europen Warranty....

Subaru Warranty Administration,
Subaru UK
Ryder Street,
West Bromwich,
West Midlands
B70 0EJ

Dear Sir

New Impreza WRX Registration xxxxxx (VIN xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

Thank you for your most prompt reply (your ref IJP/AG/xxxxxxxxxx) which arrived today, it was very much appreciated.

I note that you ask for the original sales invoice from the country of origin. I bought the car new in the UK in Pounds Stlg and I enclose a copy of the original sales receipt. I also enclose a copy of the service manual indicating the PDI was carried out in an EU Member state, presumably where it was shipped to from the manufacturer.

I also enclose a copy of the EU certificate of conformity validating the VIN.

If there is any additional information you require please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for your kind help

Yours sincerely

Does this help ??

Old 03 May 2003, 05:15 PM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

The Plan

First Service in the Warranty Booklet is 155000km (3,105) miles) 3 months.

I will send the midlife-crisis-scooby letter off to Subaru Warranty Administration, thanks for that M8

What do you think about getting a 1000 mile service and clearing the sh$t out of the engine, cant do any harm, and just put the receipt in the warranty book
Old 03 May 2003, 10:43 PM
midlife-crisis-scooby
Scooby Regular

Ajax

The guy I dealt with at IM was Ian Pyke...TOP CLASS SERVICE.

I know that some people have had problems with IM but I registerd for the Pan european thing no problem.

Midlife..
Old 04 May 2003, 11:42 AM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

midlife-crisis-scooby:
Letter sent doc's copied to Ian, I will post how I get on l8r.

What do you think about having the 1000 mile service, is it worth it, it's not required in the service book?

Thanks again for your help
Old 04 May 2003, 01:11 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

you have to have the first service done as subaru use a running in oil which is very thin do the thousand miles and get it changed or else you could be promoting excessive wear if you leave it in.
Old 04 May 2003, 02:33 PM
midlife-crisis-scooby
Scooby Regular

Ajax

AFAIK Scoobyboy is right, the car comes delivered with a thin oil which needs changing at 1000 miles.

Best not to skip in in my opinion...

Midlife..
Old 06 May 2003, 10:51 AM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

midlife-crisis-scooby, Scoobyboy

Went into the garage to get my WRX serviced at 1000 miles today, the service man said stick to the service times and don’t put an extra one in, as the Dutch are a bit strict over the warranty’s, he has contacted them recently over other service issues.

So he said comeback at 5000km (3,105) miles) 3 months.

I was reminded at the garage to register the warranty with IM and have done so thanks to midlife-crisis-scooby’s letter

The service dealer is Cross Country Vehicles at Hailey, Oxfordshire, and has been very helpful.

Otherwise it’s all Dutch to me
Old 06 May 2003, 11:35 PM
midlife-crisis-scooby
Scooby Regular

Ajax

Cross Country have a good reputation and play it "by the book".

This is where I'm out of my depth...I always thought that the "thin" oil had to be replaced at 1000 miles, certainly for my MY02 this is the case !

Try posting in "drivetrain" for any additional advice re going for so long without oil change.....

KTF

Midlife...
Old 08 May 2003, 12:38 PM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

Talking

Apple:
Wrote the letter to Subaru Warranty Administration, they now want me to send a further document.

A copy of the sales invoice from the supplier in Holland to Well Lane Turbo Centre.
This was one of the documents supplied by Dean, so I will forward it on to them at Subaru.

Hope that does the trick.

Old 09 May 2003, 01:24 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Loads of warranty related threads.

I recall that Euro cars did not come with thin running in oil. However could never determine whether this applied to RHD cars supplied from Europe. Perhaps Subaru supply the same car and IM change the oil in the UK? Just thinking aloud.

For £100 I would have the 1000 mile service done. As it won't appear in the book then Subaru Benelux will surely not know? I can't believe that overservicing can be a problem warranty wise

Are you sure that all the service booklet entries apply to your car. What does the owner's manual say?

HTH.
Old 09 May 2003, 05:25 PM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

integrale:

Bottom Line
Register with IM use this letter
Subaru Warranty Administration,
Subaru UK
Ryder Street,
West Bromwich,
West Midlands
B70 0EJ

Dear Sir/ Madam

New Impreza WRX Registration xxxxx xxx (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

I note that you ask for the original sales invoice from the country of origin. I bought the car new in the UK in Pounds Stlg and I enclose

1. Copy of the original sales receipt.
2. Copy of the service manual indicating the PDI was carried out in an EU Member state, presumably where it was shipped to from the manufacturer.

3. Copy of the EU certificate of conformity validating the VIN.
4. Copy sales invoice from the supplier in Holland to Supplier in the UK

If there is any additional information you require please do not hesitate to contact me.

The service schedule is printed in the Service and Warranty booklet I trust that this is the one to follow:
5000km (3,105) miles) 3 months
15,000km (9,315 miles) 12months
30,000km (18,630 miles) 24 months etc

Please can you inform me that my Warranty is registered and will be valid in the UK?

Thank you for your kind help

Yours sincerely

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++

Service Garage
Don’t do any other servicing as it could be held against you, and anyway it’s not necessary as IM know what they are doing with service schedules.
Old 05 July 2003, 08:06 PM
Apple
Scooby Regular

Ajax,

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the thread

I've just looked in my service book and it says to change the oil at 12500km (7500 miles) or 12 months - whichever greater unless the vehicle is used under severe driving conditions which means 6 monthly intervals.

Interestingly, according to my owners handbook, a 1600km (1000m) service is not required (unless you have a non-catalyst version and then the idle mixture is inspected/adjusted as reqd.)- IMO I thought I'd heard a while back the Euro cars didn't have running-in oil in...

Suppose the UK 1000 miler is a possible problem solving service before people start using the loud pedal the oil change might take out any initial wear particles from brand new but there should be hardly anything - would FHI really supply cars to the UK with a different engine oil in opposed to europe? Might be a service legacy SUK keep perpetuating if they aren't actually required... (IMHO - no facts to prove either way)

It seems a strange schedule being on 3month first service - from my various dealings and info I've got from IM / my dealer, Euro MY03s are on the same schedule as UK MY03s.

Apple

[Edited by Apple - 5/7/2003 8:10:36 PM]
Old 05 August 2003, 12:42 PM
AndyMoody
Scooby Regular

Let me know how you get on as my EU import will be ready for collection in a couple of weeks.

Have you sort out 1000 mile service problems now?

Andy.

[Edited by AndyMoody - 5/8/2003 12:43:24 PM]