Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Question for Dane Adams of Adams of Aylesbury

Search this Thread

Old 29 March 2003, 04:13 PM
22B? That's me!
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I have seen you today tootling around in a Subaru S202. As you are aware this is an imported car and as such you are not allowed to service it by "IM rules", obviously not Adams rules as you would like to help us non-UK car owners but you hands are tied etc etc (yeah right)

As Adams cannot service your car, who are you going to use to service this imported beast?

Tim
Old 30 March 2003, 08:44 PM
Chins
Scooby Regular

Angry

Tim

Dane can drive what ever he wants to. The guy is an enthusiast just like you. As you well know he has a 22B as well. He can always get on of his other dealerships to do his oil change for him

Adams are not the only Subaru dealership that sticks to UK and EU cars.

It seems you have some beef with them, but IMHO this is his own personal business. Why not pop in and say hello to Dane and ask him face to face rather than on here ? Maybe when you meet him for the first time you'll see he's a good guy.

Jonathan

[Edited by Chins - 3/30/2003 9:46:38 PM]

[Edited by Chins - 3/30/2003 9:49:59 PM]
Old 31 March 2003, 05:10 AM
Tim Bomford
Scooby Regular

Jonathan, have met him many times thanks.

This was addressed to him, not you. I fail to see why you have posted with "the angry face icon" and you are bound to favour them as you have bought soooo many cars off them. I have no problems with Adams, they are great.

Tim

[Edited by Tim Bomford - 3/31/2003 6:16:34 AM]
Old 31 March 2003, 06:26 AM
Chins
Scooby Regular

Tim

If you know him so well why use this BBS then ? Seems a funny question to post for something so one to one. If you didnt want any comments dont post - simple. You have a direct email so use it rather than the BBS.

Jonathan
Old 31 March 2003, 06:40 AM
Tim Bomford
Scooby Regular

THIS is posted under "Dealer and 3rd party" as this is the area for this sort of question. You cannot answer my question, he can.

Tim
Old 31 March 2003, 06:41 AM
Tim Bomford
Scooby Regular

QUOTE:

Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

From the topic title.....
Old 31 March 2003, 11:50 AM
Chins
Scooby Regular

How do you expect him to answer this. He can use Adams to service it. Doesnt have to be his Subaru dealership though.

Sorry, but to me this isnt a question, but a dig. Maybe I'm sensitive and read your questions in the wron manner.

Jonathan
Old 31 March 2003, 12:08 PM
Tim Bomford
Scooby Regular

Try reading "differently". You post as "arrogant and arsey" but maybe I am reading your comments "differently"? I have met you and didn't think you were......
Old 31 March 2003, 12:11 PM
Tim Bomford
Scooby Regular

Angry

I am annoyed that I have asked a question in the relavent section and you keep interfering. It is not for you, stop butting in. I refer you to previous posts by me in this section.
Old 31 March 2003, 05:21 PM
wakeboardar
Scooby Regular

oooooh aaaaaaargh nothing like 2 girls fighting

[Edited by wakeboardar - 3/31/2003 6:21:42 PM]
Old 31 March 2003, 06:40 PM
Tim Bomford
Scooby Regular

constructive
Old 01 April 2003, 09:49 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

I really can't see what this thread is trying to achieve other than stir up and try to have a dig at a dealer.

Unless it is serving a purpose, I propose it is locked...
Old 01 April 2003, 11:04 AM
Tim Bomford
Scooby Regular

Lock away then. I am curious as local to the area (see profile) as to who he is going to use. I know who I use but was curious as to where he'd go.

Whats the point in having the section if you can't ask the question. It was asked perfectly reasonably until Chins took it upon himself to get the ****, now you follow suit

Moderation................
Old 01 April 2003, 02:26 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Great attitude Tim.

I ask a question of what you're trying to achieve, you then accuse me of "getting the ****" and roll your eyes at moderation. I really can't see where you're going with this, and I can't see any reason for you to take the hump with Chins who, after all, has made some good points here despite your abrasion.

It looks to me like you're trying to get a dealer to either:
* admit servicing his own car at his own garage, which you claim breaks subaru rules. It's his franchise, and if he uses his tools out of hours, what's the problem? Anyhow that's conjecture as to what is happening...

* recommend a rival and therefore implicitly recommend buying from a non-Subaru franchised dealer. This isn't a sensible thing commercially for a dealer to say!

Either way, it looks to me like you have an axe to grind because you've been refused service at Adams of Aylesbury, and want to publicly humiliate them in some way.

If this serves a purpose for you, all well and good. The thread can stay. I just think that a casual observer might consider your motives for starting this thread to be not particularly pleasant?

Jonathan's first post says it all really in my humble opinion. However, if you want to continue to parade this thread and continue to fight valid responses off left, right and centre then do so.

Cheers,

Nick.
Old 01 April 2003, 04:37 PM
Tim Bomford
Scooby Regular

Nick

All I was seeking was answers that was all. I am a pleasant person and do not have an attitude. I for one get p'd off with the attitude of a lot on this board regarding lack of community spirit etc. It used to be a friendly place. I have been registered here a long time. I may not have your post count but every post I have made has been "useful" IMO or have some relavence to me/us/the community.

I am able to get all I need for my car, without the need for seeking a franchised dealer. I personally wouldn't have a UK car but that is my choice and I excercise it.

I have no axe to grind with Adams as a whole or even Dane Adams individually so lock or delete this thread as its not getting anywhere.

Hugs and Kisses

Tim x
Old 01 April 2003, 08:25 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Cheers Tim, thanks for the post (and mail). I guess Chins and I were looking too deeply into things - it struck me as a slightly strange request, that's all...

I'll leave it in case Dane does happen across this
Old 02 April 2003, 05:13 AM
Tim Bomford
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

and thankyou for your email.

Tim
Old 02 April 2003, 12:33 PM
ian_sadler
Scooby Regular

Talking

Damn, missed the hand bags at dawn again
Old 02 April 2003, 12:48 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Wink

I asked my local dealer about this and they said that they didn't think that a memeber of the Adams group would have such a car and it wouldn't be appropriate to have one either.

I shall now tell them who it is. Perhaps they'll get me one of those fancy motors too?

I have already asked them how they can apply servicing for import EVOs at the same garage that won't service import Subarus.

Yes, yes, I know IM's rules but it is ironic.

F