Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Anybody Bought a New WRX from Carcraft??

Search this Thread

Old 02 March 2003, 12:49 PM
Scotch Steve
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Having seen their ad's in Auto Freeway, Auto Exchange etc, showing MY03 WRX at £17,495 I gave them a call and they say they have at least 15 in stock and that they are all EU sourced.

However after reading on here in the past of peoples experiences with other car supermarkets "EU sourced" cars from Cyprus etc I was interested if anyone has had any dealings with Carcraft, and if so how they'd found them and what they sold??

Additionally if I do decide to go and have a look is the only way I can verify their origin by passing the VIN on to IM, or is there any other obvious tell-tale signs?

Obviously if they verbally tell me they are genuine EU sourced and covered by the 3 year pan European warranty I'll get them to put it in writing as well.

Thanks in advance.

Steve
Old 02 March 2003, 05:24 PM
Mantamac
Scooby Regular

I have no experience of Carcraft but did attempt to go down the car supermarket route. Alway's check the VIN out with I.M. I did and it stopped my buying a Cyprus supplied car. I.M were very helpful and checked about 10 vin number's I had given them.(I chucked in the VIN off a U.K car from a local dealer just to check if I.M were up to dirty trick's but they confirmed it's U.K status)
I had it in writing off Motorpiont that they would supply a Euro sourced car but never chased them over it. Seemed like too much hassle for little or no gain. I purchased a U.K Evo 6 in the end.

Mac.
Old 02 March 2003, 06:51 PM
j_p_h
Scooby Regular

I always said id never buy a car from a place like carcraft. When i was younger i really messed up my credit rating and am still f***kd. I wanted a scooby and they were the only people to give me finance. I found them very helpful seemed to no there stuff well the sales bloke who dealt with me did. Only took a couple of days from leaving the deposit till driving away. Each area of service through them was good.

But i was lucky they had a car in what i liked, Normally they do advertise 10 plus scoobys but havent got them in they have to pull them from differewnt branches.

John.
Old 02 March 2003, 06:52 PM
dhorwich
Scooby Regular

went to carcraft today and they only had two MY02 WRX wagons on site..

Dan
Old 02 March 2003, 06:55 PM
j_p_h
Scooby Regular

Forgot to say the car i bought has been brilliant. A UK2000 MY97 back box and centre was on when i bought it. Manged a 13.7 at york day after i bought it lol. And a correctly timed 4.9 to 60 at a magazine shoot out day. Was wet as well so may be a tad better.

John.
Old 02 March 2003, 07:00 PM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
some peoples opinions!

http://www.uk.ciao.com/Carcraft_of_Sheffield__5297714
Old 02 March 2003, 08:22 PM
Scotch Steve
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks for the replies guys.

I was a bit surprised to be told they had 15+ my03 in stock at this price, I was assured that this was correct, guess they must have had a busy day!!
Out of interest Dan which branch did you visit? I don't suppose it matters as if I do decide to visit one I'm sure all the stock will be at another branch.
I wasn't really expecting much on the customer services front, but the thought of a genuine EU import ready to drive at £2.5k less than list was a bit of a pull.

I'll see how I'm fixed next week and may pay them a visit, though I'll be on my guard.

Cheers

Steve

Trending Topics

Old 02 March 2003, 08:25 PM
dhorwich
Scooby Regular

It was the one at sheffield... i was told they dont always keep the cars on there premisis.... as my mate was looking for a mrk 4 golf 1.8 T and he said they had one but it was not on site...

Dan
Old 02 March 2003, 10:31 PM
minister of speed
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

You ought to try the guys at Litchfield Imports (banner ad on here somewhere)

Had a new wagon off them last year, good price and service etc.

No connection, just a happy customer
Old 02 March 2003, 10:56 PM
Mantamac
Scooby Regular

I'll second that. It was Iain litchfield who I purchased my Evo through. It was even a U.K car and I picked it up from the U.K factory dealer. I saved about 5 grand off list and still had a 3 year warranty...

Mac.
Old 03 March 2003, 01:44 AM
melomax
Scooby Regular

just to add i live in sheffield and alot of people are unhappy with carcraft because of over priced used cars and very shabby tarted up cars with no after sales at all i personnally know 5 people who have bought from them and all cars have been discracefull 1 car bought and half a hour after taking it out of showroom the drivers door fell off and carcraft said it wasn't there problem.
hope this helps , now i know this shouldn't affect a new car but they dont like come backs
and the friend was refused any money back and was told he couldnt give the car back.
Old 04 March 2003, 09:48 AM
scoobyslut
Scooby Regular

If getting a "fuller"warranty when purchasing an import, have a good read of the warranty booklet, as exactly what it covers can vary tremendously from warranty company to warranty company. As have seen many an well impressed purchaser of an import at the brink of tears when told the warranty cover does not cover their fault. Not saying they are all like this, but read all the print, or better still, get the salesman to explain it fully, now thats a good trick as most of them dont know whats is or isn't covered most of the time.
Incidentally, most uk dealers will, check a chassis number for you, so you can ascertain where the motor originated from, plus, once purchased, go to your dealer, so they can get your initial 12 mths warranty sorted for you.