Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Adams of Aylesbury - C**P or What?

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2003, 03:48 PM
ChownsScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
popped into Adams of Aylesbury today to get a couple of exhaust gaskets. First they wouldnt search their parts list without my chassis number (something to do with their system they told me) and then when we finally got the part numbers told they couldnt get any til Friday. Called two other dealers in the area and they have multiple gaskets in stock. Whats going on with them?

Are they spreading their abilities too thinly by taking on Daihatsu as well as Mitsubishi?

Wont be going back to them in a hurry!!!!
Old 27 February 2003, 08:24 PM
Flat 4x4
Scooby Regular

No experience with the Aylesbury outfit but had exactly the same issue with another member of the group. Having explained that there was no point me giving a chassis no. from my car as I wanted a part from a later model (still compatible) they still ordered the wrong part - twice...
Old 27 February 2003, 08:42 PM
7 Foot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Must stick up for Adams. I popped in last weekend for a part. Got chatting to a couple of mecanics and the guy behind the parts counter. The part I wanted was also out of stock but one of the mecanics found one in his tool box and gave it to me FOC.

Then spent the next half hour having a good chat and thorough inspection of the (still pretty ugly) STI8.
Old 28 February 2003, 08:18 AM
Trumble
Scooby Regular

Bought my first scoob from adams - yes they're expensive - infact I only had it serviced there once for that reason.

But, when I needed the front drive shafts repacking with only days left on my 3 years warranty they fitted me in on the day I called.

And the other week when I went by with my MY02 and a trim problem they sorted it there and then.

The two times I;ve ordered parts from them they never asked for chasis number (ok they werent engine components).

Did you get them on a bad day ?

T.

Old 01 March 2003, 11:38 AM
Flat 4x4
Scooby Regular

Trumble

Mine weren't engine parts only - from the other post, it sounds like they've changed their system - so that's why they need a chassis no?

Not complaining, just an observation of another "the system won't let me do that"
Old 03 March 2003, 10:12 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

i went there a last year when i was thinking about buying a Scooby and they aranged back to back test drives with a Classic and bug eye model and were really help full which is more than i can say of Days at Chelmsford
Old 05 March 2003, 01:18 PM
T.J
Scooby Regular

I've asked Adams for prices on parts and they have always refused unless I give a chassis number. Is this to block supplying parts for imported cars?

Trending Topics

Old 05 March 2003, 04:26 PM
5 Type R
Scooby Regular

Yeah completely correct
Adams are not interested in Imports in the slightest.
Not prepared to help at all.

There loss! Plenty of business for parts if they wanted it
Old 06 March 2003, 09:33 AM
MATTeL
Scooby Regular

Adams have always been good to me.

You might find as a Subaru main dealer they aren't allowed to touch Jap imports... Subaru UK are likely to drop bricks from a great height.

Maybe if people actually were nice to people and treat them fairly then the level of service would improve.

Ask yourself honestly: Who would you give the most time and effort. The customer that comes in demanding things, complains bitterly on the internet and then expects great service all the time or the customer that comes in has issues/problem/concern but has a reasoned approach and is polite?

I was getting some trim replaced and to get the original off another bit had to be removed. One of the catches broke (delicate plastic), with no catches in stock what did they do?

That is right, told me what happened and proceded to remove the required catches from a demonstrator.

No inconvienance for me and credit to them.
Old 06 March 2003, 09:58 AM
Shark
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Re VIN Number

Parts departments NEED the VIN number to get the right part - simple. If you want a part from a later car, get it's VIN number.

David