Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

60,000 mile service in the north west?

Search this Thread

Old 18 July 2001, 08:46 PM
alexf
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

My Scooby is due its 8 month/60000 mile service shortly but I'm not too sure which dealer to use. Bought the car from and had it serviced by Intermoto in Liverpool until they closed a while back so who is worthy of my cash, seeing as it'll set me back around £400 My nearest official dealers are A P Hynes in Manchester and Robinsons of Rochdale. Has anyone got any good/bad things about these or other dealers in the north west?
Old 20 July 2001, 10:37 AM
jonmyers
Scooby Regular

Hi,
Ap Hynes did my last 22,500 service after IGW lost the Subaru franchise. Service was OK (£104) but then how wrong can you get an oil change?
Anyone know why IGW lost it? i bought my car from there and they did the first 3 services fine. always very friendly and seemed well run.
Regards, Jon
Old 20 July 2001, 04:23 PM
alexf
Scooby Regular

I've rung most of the dealers of the North West and my car is now booked in at Robinsons of Rochdale next friday cos they are the cheapest and can provide a courtesy car all day (probably a Justy ).

Very glad when IGW lost the franchise because they were extremely arrogant towards me (andother Scoobynetters from what I've been told) when I was looking at buying a second-hand Scooby last year. Their staff were some of the most unhelpful I have ever met.
Old 22 July 2001, 03:35 PM
GSM21
Scooby Regular

our local Dealership is Monks Heath Motors, and they are in Macclesfield.
Old 23 July 2001, 08:52 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

As it's your 60k service, your warrenty will be up so try Gibsons of Brock. Thay are an ex-Subaru dealer who service cars for a bit less than main dealers. He also imports cars from Europe.

Steve

Edited to say that they're in Garstang near Preston.

[This message has been edited by Steve Sherwen (edited 23 July 2001).]
Old 24 July 2001, 11:00 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Alex, sorry I didn't stop to say hello on Sat, but u were about to leave (missing half the action)
I've used Robinsons, based on recommendation, without any problems to date. They also sorted Mellows paint problems TWICE without argument. They supported the local runs, with either Sales or Service Management participating. It's a confident man that will mix socially with his customers in that sort of environment. Car will probably be a Sport, if its any consolation, but at least u get one.

Agree entirely with your comments on IGW. I've no idea why anyone would buy from them. There again I didn't rate the Intermoto sales team either but service staff were always fine.

Monks Heath have a following too. But at the end of the day a reputation is only as good as your own experience.

Old 25 July 2001, 06:10 PM
alexf
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the replies.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by banshi:
<B>Car will probably be a Sport, if its any consolation, but at least u get one.

[/quote]

This is the main reason why I've booked my car in with Robinsons. As soon as I mentioned a courtesy car over the phone they said it wouldn't be a problem (I'll find out tomorrow what I'll be getting) whereas other dealers were unsure and couldn't give a definite answer.

I've always found other dealers in the area helpful and friendly when asking for help over the phone but Robinsons are the only ones I've dealt with face to face so I'll stick with them. I'll let you know how I get on.
Old 27 July 2001, 05:52 AM
Mellow Yellow !
Scooby Regular

I've known Robinsons for over 17 years and have no hesitation in reccomending them at all, young John the service manager has been out on a few runs with us, just drop a few names into the conversation, you may even get a coffee
I.G.W. ( To$$ers by the way ) went into liquidation, too many cars not enough sold....simple as that but taking their attitude when I approached them I'm not surprised.
Old 27 July 2001, 06:32 PM
alexf
Scooby Regular

Looks like I'll be using Robinsons from now on Excellent level of service, friendly staff and they give discounts for SIDC members

PS the courtesy car was a Mazda 121 - makes the Scooby feel even faster than normal!