Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Lifestyle vehicles?

Search this Thread

Old 13 September 2000, 10:04 AM
Greg Jones
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Does anyone know where Lifestyle vehicles (also known as Jap'n'Save) that were previously located in Dorking are now situated. If they haven't done a runner.

Buggers left without telling their customer base and with a 'sale or return' car of mine.

Any help would be useful

Greg
Old 13 September 2000, 02:20 PM
Steve Lawson
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Greg,have had some dealings with said company
probably best to email me off line and I will bring you up to date with I know.

Regards

Steve
Old 13 September 2000, 03:43 PM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

I have some good and bad news for you im affraid.

They also did a runner from me (at least they picked up the tab for all the major work) but im still missing a new intercooler and some paint work thats outstanding.

I went down to there old dorking showrooms (which they were squatting in btw) and met a rather nice chap who told me where they are now.

They are now located in worcester park high street (right at the top of the hill) BUT although its all signed up and everything there are no cars, no desks, no nothing there, just a poster saying opening aug 14th.

The other option for contacting them is to go to the import garage just outside of Brockham (used to be alexander wright & young) they own (or used to) that site and i bet the people there know where they are as they must still pay rent etc.

I have mobile numbers for the owners of lifestyle but they are permanently off at the mo

If you find out any more could you please let me know as well, so i can get the money for the intercooler they owe me and some money to cover the paintwork.

cheers

Peter.

Old 13 September 2000, 07:38 PM
Branners
Scooby Regular

Im looking into this, I have a few importers who know JapNSave and will let me know whats happened to them.

I bought my car from them, as did a few other Supra club members, but we stopped recommending the quite so much and prefer Japanese Import Centre instead.

More news if I get it.
Old 14 September 2000, 10:55 AM
Greg Jones
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the replies.

I have already contacted Dorking Police, the trading standards (who will not do anything until Companies House show that the company is in dispute), and am going to head towards the County Courts as soon as I have a fixed address for these guys.

I also have the mobile numbers for Kevin and Brian but as you mention, they have them switched off.

I shall inform you of any further progress, off line if need be, to avoid boring reading for other BBS members.

I can't believe that they have done this, as they appeared to be nice chaps. Appearences deceive somewhat.

Greg
Old 14 September 2000, 11:53 AM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

I have some more alarming news today which i can't post here for fear bringing the bbs or myself into legal action.

I have however secured the addresses of both Kevin and Brian (which im not going to post on the bbs for fear of any reprisals against it).

If you wish to receive a more dramatic update then please email me off list or if you want there home address.
Methinks an organised trip by a group of us could be amusing.
Old 14 September 2000, 05:11 PM
Greg Jones
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Sounds good, please mail me off line.

Greg
Old 14 September 2000, 08:02 PM
Branners
Scooby Regular

I would be interested to know what you have found out.

Myself, and quite a few Supra owners bought from there and I even used to recommend people went there, so if they have gone t1ts up then I would be interested to hear it.

My import friends have told me there might still be a way to contact them if people are really struggling to get in contact..but its a last resort.

JB
Old 14 September 2000, 09:44 PM
Greg Jones
Scooby Regular

Cheers Branners, would equally be interested in the method suggested to get in to contact with them, as I am sure that a few people here would like a little word. Only in the interest of obtaining what is due.

Cheers

Greg
Old 15 September 2000, 09:37 AM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

Greg & Steve,

have dropped you guys two emails telling you whats occuring.

Kevin & Brian last seen in motortech in dublin at the begining of the week by a friend of mine who was buying import 4x4's at the same place.
Old 15 September 2000, 10:11 AM
Greg Jones
Scooby Regular

We will track them down, oh yes we will

PI Greg...
Old 26 September 2000, 09:22 AM
Branners
Scooby Regular

Bad news, Lifestyle have gone under. There is apparently a meeting in a London hotel today held by the receiver. I dont have any more details than that at the moment but might be able to find out more if needs be.

JB