Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Servcing (Herts/Cambs)

Search this Thread

Old 30 November 2002, 08:14 PM
Wheely
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi

Please can anyone who has had dealings with Quenbys of Baldock or the Welch Group of Great Shelford let me know which one they prefered for quality (or problems with) servicing?

Cheers
Old 01 December 2002, 07:46 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Ive used Welch's for a couple of services and they seem ok. Nothing special. Pay £450 for a service and no cup of coffee while u wait (is a vending machine u can pay to use) and they dont even wash ur car. Do give u a courtesy car though.

Think u should ring around other dealers and get prices for servicing then see if they will price match or similar.

Simon.
Old 01 December 2002, 07:45 PM
CTR
Scooby Regular

Welch's, as above they are OK, nothing special, but never had any problems with them, apart from a mechanic who must have farted or burped just before he got out of my car when I had it serviced once. Not nice.

Quenbys, I have always heard good things about, however they never filled me with confidence. My car arrived with the wrong rear number plate, although they did correct it quickly once I had noticed. It also took them over 2 hours to figure out if they had any touch up paint in stock. How difficult can it be!
Old 01 December 2002, 08:45 PM
Wheely
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the response.

Do you know of any other options in this area (south cambs/north herts)?
Just trying to find a good dealer that can give a good professional after service because of previous nightmare experiences.

Cheers
Old 02 December 2002, 01:10 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

No other ideas. I did look at taking my car to TSL as they charge the same price for a service but use top notch oils (silkolene) and know how to look after a scoob. However my warranty means I stuck to subaru dealer servicing.

Forgot to mention. Welch's courtesy cars (which Ive had about 4 times) always comes with zero fuel in them. U drive around the corner and the fuel light comes straight on. Im sure they syphon it out before they handover the keys the tight b@stards!

Simon.