Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

ZYMOL and Salt

Search this Thread

Old 05 December 1999, 01:07 PM
david
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Mark,

Just how good is Zymol at protecting against salt?

The reason I ask is that I took my loved one to work this morning (any excuse for a drive) and passed THREE salting lorries, thankfully I didn't get chipped but it did make me wonder just how good a salt protector Zymol is.

I do use Zymol and think it's great, I'm just a little curious. I've waxed my car 3 times in about 6 weeks, is this enough to create this 'skin' you keep talking about? It certainly appears to be, i.e. nice beads of water on car after heavy rain.

Cheers,

Dave
Old 05 December 1999, 09:38 PM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dave

All zymol waxes will protect against salt! Especially more so since u have built up a skin.

Titanium is the best alround wax and provides an excellent barrier against salt and othe r deposits since its wax content is so high and therefore more resilient than carbon or creame.

Just remeber a regular waxing and washing is all thats required. Did my car tyoday a black merc and gave it 3 coats all applied by hand as I going on the continent again soon where i'll encounter tons of snow etc.

If waxed regularly it should not take u any longer than say 1.5hrs to wash n wax your beloved. The more you wax the better.

Mark