Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Ordering Parts from Scoobysport

Search this Thread

Old 14 August 2002, 06:45 PM
doug_seiv
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Has anyone on here had any problems ordering parts from Scoobysport???

I Ordered a Scoobysport B/Box and ITG Panel filter, and I was told it would take about 1 week to come. This was about a month ago. After the first week past when I originally ordered it I called and was told there was a slight delay , and I should get it in a few days.

Eventually about a month passed in total so I called back ( I was offshore for three weeks) I asked what happened to my order I was left waiting on the phone and 5 mins later I was told they couldnt even find my order???? So I was pretty unhappy so I said I wished to cancel my order. I was abruptly told ok and that was that.

Now If I am going to spend hard earned cash I dont expect that sort of service , it might have been a one off or someone having a bad day , but customer service should be number one priority. Has anyone else had any other experiences good or bad from Scoobysport???

Please let me know.
Old 14 August 2002, 06:52 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

I have had no experiences buying with ScoobySport, but in fairness to them, I do know that both of the ITG suppliers (Scoobysport & TSL) were having difficulties getting them from ITG - not enough were being made.....

Hope this helps somewhat.....

Hang in there (speak to Pete) - I've got a Scoobysport centre section....... all I can do is wind down the window and

Also got an ITG - stick with 'em... they're the muttz nutz...

Dan
Old 14 August 2002, 06:55 PM
Dizzy
Scooby Regular

Talking

I had a "delay" too but to be fair that was over the christmas period and they said they didn't like dispatching over then as parcels tend to go missing.. whether is was bull or not is another matter, but I belived em.
I've no real complaints... great product too
Old 14 August 2002, 06:58 PM
doug_seiv
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Yeah I hear what your saying and thats fair enough But it doesnt make for a happy customer to be told a delivery date which is not met by a long shot and your order being "lost" and I didnt even get an apology.
Old 14 August 2002, 07:05 PM
pedro fonseca
Scooby Newbie

HI.
I order a backbox from them a week ago.
i´m still waiting.Hope it doesn´t take
much more time.
Old 14 August 2002, 07:10 PM
doug_seiv
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Im not trying to say it will, or am I trying to tarnish Scoobysport's reputation im just letting people know my experience of what happened to me.
Old 14 August 2002, 07:17 PM
Razor2001
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Hi,

I ordered a full turbo back deact exhaust from Pete C. at SS. It was slightly delayed but that is becuase the supplier of the o2 CEL fix thingy did not supply SS in time. In the end they managed to ship my goods all the way to The Bahamas AOK with all parts paid for accounted for and none damaged. I was impressed with their service and product is nice to

Cheers,
Ray
Old 14 August 2002, 07:25 PM
HKSubaru
Scooby Senior

scoobysport i'm sure have been busy with most scoobs with scoobysport systems

I got my b/b second hand, but picked my decat d/p last week.

sounds sweet.

I'm sure whilst paying £3xx for a back box you should get good service, no matter what the price.
Old 14 August 2002, 07:27 PM
Tim Caddick
Scooby Regular

Smile

I ordered my back box from them on a monday, got it the next day without paying a next-day service fee. The only thing they got wrong was that they didn't send an invoice/receipt as proof of purchase.
Old 14 August 2002, 07:39 PM
RB5#295
Scooby Regular

A mate of mine ordered a back box recently and it came OK timewise, but had been dropped heavily on its tailpipe; hard SS's fault though...
Old 14 August 2002, 07:50 PM
Molds
Scooby Regular

I ordered SS b/box and it took 4 weeks even though I was told 1 week.

I emailed Pete a couple of times and he was honest enough to say it was a supply problem because of people on holiday that they dealt with.

Kept patient and just email nudged every now and then. Got a reply from Pete everytime (same day) with a progress update - whether good news or still the same.

Did eventually get it and was impressed with the product. Want to get the rest of the system now

Sometime there is nought you can do but sit on your hands. Don't get annoyed though just give Pete a call/email...
Old 14 August 2002, 08:45 PM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well whenever I order something I always say is it in stock right now? I have no patience for waiting for days, let alone weeks. Once I get the idea in my head I want it ASAP.

I ordered mine and picked it up the next day though. they had 4 or 5 in stock at that point
Old 14 August 2002, 08:50 PM
WRX Youngster
Scooby Regular

I have now been waiting a week and a half, hopefully not much longer as the standard backbox sounds s#@t.
Old 14 August 2002, 10:34 PM
AJT
Scooby Regular

Cool

Speak to Wendy at Scoobyworld - great service and good prices. What more d'ya need?!

I've ordered loads of bits, no problems to date.
Old 15 August 2002, 12:16 AM
Proteus
Scooby Regular

I've heard a rumour that the twop lads that run it, have had a falling out, and that one has left. Might explain why things are a bit slow there.

This of course could be untrue. It's just what i heard last week.

Anyone else heard this ?
Old 15 August 2002, 12:39 AM
doug_seiv
Scooby Regular

Yeah I understand there could be problems with suppliers etc , but if I am told a time for delivery I expect that , thats fair isnt it?? And if they cant make it the customer should be informed. After all we pay the wages through ordering goods. What made it worse was I called and was told a few more days. I call up three weeks later and my order has been lost. Im sorry to be negative but the service wasnt good enough for me this time round. Im sure when I order something next time round I wont have any problems. Unless im marked now! lol

I guess its good feedback for all companies though so they can tighten up a bit and realise we just want an honest answer to delivery dates and to be told if there is a problem and kept informed. Its not too much to ask is it?
Old 15 August 2002, 08:43 AM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Doug

Before I got to the bottom of the thread I thought something must have gone wrong with the paperwork.

We do a have a short delay at the moment, as staff holidays both here and with all of our suppliers are making product supply a bit slow. Normally demand also tails off to match this, through July and August, but this year it is still very busy. It is also more difficult as where there used to be just 3 exhaust parts to stock, there are now 11, not counting Legacy and Forester full systems.

I assume you have spoken to Paul and he is now correcting the situation. Please accept my apologies for cocking up the paperwork.

We have made progress with our suppliers and should have almost all outstanding orders out today.

Pete
ps There is only me running things, I don't have anyone to fall out with
Old 15 August 2002, 09:46 AM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

LOL @ Pete's PS

You tell em Pete

Phil
Old 15 August 2002, 11:24 AM
doug_seiv
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Pete - I dont know who I spoke to when I called.
Thenks for the apology.
Old 16 August 2002, 08:57 AM
Andy McCord
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I ordered SS backbox & centre about 6 weeks ago & was told it would take a week to deliver & that is exactly how long it took, bang on time, well happy with Pete C & co
Old 16 August 2002, 11:08 AM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

Angry

i have been waiting 2 weeks for ap 6 pot caliper upgrade and have run today to be told by my local dealer ring back next wed,not too happy to say the least
martin
Old 16 August 2002, 12:26 PM
Jamie Whitfield
Scooby Regular

Not commenting on the rest of the thread obviously, but the fact is there are a few more ITG suppliers than just TSL and Scoobysport, myself being one of them, rather than there only being 2 suppliers as suggested earlier in this thread.

I can back Pete up in saying that ITG have very heavy F1 comittments and can only manufacture so many at a time, we only received our order this week too.

Jamie

www.j-w-racing.com

[Edited by Jamie Whitfield - 8/16/2002 12:39:11 PM]
Old 16 August 2002, 02:29 PM
Daz WRX
Scooby Regular

Ordered Morettes on 8th July, still not here.
Old 16 August 2002, 05:16 PM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

I am truly stunned. Only Jamie could use a nag at another company as a potential marketing excerise for his own company

Gobsmacked.

(DazWRX) Dale, we are in contact at least twice a day, so I am sure there is nothing I can add that you don't already know.
Old 16 August 2002, 06:16 PM
Jamie Whitfield
Scooby Regular

Smile

Stunned? Actually Pete I was merely pointing out a fact and also sticking up for you at the same time, sorry forgot I wasn't allowed to use this board anymore for whatever reasoning!

Jamie

www.j-w-racing.com
Old 16 August 2002, 07:08 PM
WRX Youngster
Scooby Regular

If i ordered my backbox about two weeks ago, and i have looked and the money was taken out of my account this tuesday, when do you think the backbox will eventually turn up. Im fed up of having the pi$$ ripped out of me with the standard exhaust on. Come on get it sent.
Old 16 August 2002, 08:18 PM
BoxerFlat4
Scooby Regular

Pete / Jamie -

Come on guys, stop this fighting ! Time to start acting like adults again ! Here at Gecko Motorsport, you don't find schoolyard fights like this, even when we're doing special deals on Blitz products this month.

Old 17 August 2002, 12:02 AM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

Angry

you think it is bad waiting for a backbox,i am waiting for nearly 2 grand's worth of brakes and have been told today when i rang up scoobysport that i would have to wait at least 2 weeks for the brakes deapite my local dealer telling me scoobysport said probably on wednesday,i can feel a prodrive brake conversion is going to be on my car in the near future if i dont get a straight story
martin
Old 17 August 2002, 09:32 AM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Jamie don't take me too seriously. I did put the biggest smilie possible in there

WRX Youngster you exhaust is on its way to you

P1Doc I'm pulling hair out over the brakes. We are seriously on KADs case but they have told us that we won't have any stock until the end of this month.
Old 17 August 2002, 09:46 AM
Jamie Whitfield
Scooby Regular

Talking

Fair comment matey!

Jamie

Quick Reply: Ordering Parts from Scoobysport