Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

What can I do??? Need advice!

Search this Thread

Old 03 August 2002, 11:09 PM
Web Guru
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Ok to cut a long story short I believe a Subaru dealer has caused damage to my care but they are denying it, however the workmanship is evidence in itself of a very shoddy job and there is no doubt they have caused some damage. The dealer in question is shortly going out of business so its looking shaky about getting them to do anything about it but I am going there on monday to see what they have to say about my allegations when I show them their shoddy work and damage that couldnt have been caused any other way than by tampering.

I got in touch with Subaru UK (IM) about this and basically their response was its your word against theirs after contacting the dealer and them denying damage has been caused. In other words they werent interested.

As you can imagine im feeling bitter to say the least I was wondering if anyone had any idea of some course of action I could take here.!

Pete
Old 05 August 2002, 01:05 PM
Gez
Scooby Regular

I rally do empathise with you mate!
I recently bought an STI 6 Type R Coupe V-LTD and had a Clifford Concept 600 fitted. I used the recommended installer by Clifford and payed £700. WHen i returned, much to my horror, i found that half the intercooler fins were bent totally flat. Without even me saying anything, the engineer pointed the damage out to me and said that the intercooler was like that. At that moment i swallowed my tongue. The next day i wrote a strongly worded letter to the company describing the damage to my car and a few fault with the alarm. I faxed and sent a copy to thge managing director and was sent another engineer to rectify the alarm fault. He was obviously instructed to look at the damage to the intercooler and report to the MD. It was so blatentley obvious that it was caused accidently, as the alarm siren was placed just under the intercooler. I later received a copy of a letter that was sent to the engineer to accept liability. I have since heard nothing! A few days ago, i got a couple of quotes and faxed them over to the company and calle dthe MD! He said that the damage was obviously caused by the engineer and i was right to send in quotes of a new intercooler. I dont know what is going to happen, all i know is that i payed £700 for an alarm and in return i get over £800 worth of damage.
My advise to you is to get everything in writting both to the dealer and subaru uk. See what there reaction is. If the damage is substantial then threaten with legal action
Good luck

Gez
Old 07 August 2002, 03:11 PM
Web Guru
Scooby Regular

Well heres an update I spoke to the dealer yesterday to see what his thoughts were on the damage he basically lied to me saying the damege was there months ago and that he told me so at the time! Not true. quite frankly I couldnt believe his audacity but at the end of the day this leaves me in his word against mine situation so subaru UK will not do anything about it!
So anyway Ill put this down to a learning experience and be very careful in the future.

Time to name and shame though not that it make much difference as I believe this dealer is going out of business shortly.

In my opinion Don from Ace Kensington is a charlatan and should not be trusted, you have been warned!
Old 07 August 2002, 03:45 PM
AudiMan
Scooby Regular

Angry

Small claims court ? it'll cost you 10% of what you are claiming, it's worth a try, even if they go out of business before you get a result at least you've done something to try and get you money back. Plus, I'm not sure if legally if you get this off and running before they cease trading you are entitled to any money the company has.