Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Xbox 360 elite - hdmi help!

Search this Thread

Old 21 December 2013, 01:16 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Xbox 360 elite - hdmi help!

Just curious to know,
I've had my Xbox connected very well up until I was sorting/tidying the wires as i dont use it anymore so i was repositioning it away but still wanted it installed ready if i needed to use it or i thought i might sell it.
Anyway I unplugged hdmi cable (while Xbox was on) to reroute the cable better and when I plugged hdmi back in, Xbox had no picture!
I've tried all sorts to get it working again with no luck including stuff on the net with no avail.
The av cable works, but crap picture and I honestly can't use it with that.
I believe it needs some sort of handshake for the Xbox to recognise hdmi or something.
Btw it's not the tv as it recognises any cable and you don't switch stuff on/off via tv, it's automatic.
It's not cable as I've tried another working cable and still same so I'm blaming Xbox hdmi thingy has broke inside console or needs a handshake to set back up.

Any advise to what I can try as I was thinking of selling it but I don't want to sell it with this fault tbh
Old 21 December 2013, 05:41 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Try this:

To reset the display settings of the Xbox 360 console to the default settings, follow these steps:
1.Remove any discs from the disc tray.
2.Turn the console off.
3.Turn the console on. Note If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, turn the console on by using the Xbox Guide button on the controller. Make sure that you use the player 1 controller when you do this. The player 1 controller will have the upper-left quadrant light illuminated.
4.As the console starts, press and hold the Y button, and then pull the right trigger at the same time.
5.The Xbox Dashboard resets the display settings to the default settings, and then automatically restarts the console.
Old 21 December 2013, 06:15 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As above I did that when I bought a new tv
Old 21 December 2013, 07:50 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Tried that from searching on the net, didnt work
Old 22 December 2013, 10:48 AM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

I'm thinking the hdmi thingy is fecked inside as I unplugged it while console was on so I reckon that's caked something.
I've also tried putting both av and hdmi cables in at same time and soon as hdmi cable goes in the picture goes off.

I'm going to give it a mate that works for a games company and see what he thinks.
Old 17 January 2014, 10:12 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Well the Xbox is fine, it's something todo with the tv that's blocking the Xbox for some reason (as I unplugged it while still switched on, however all other hdmi devices work with tv on hdmi so not fecked any hdmi ports on tv, just seemed to have blocked the Xbox code thingy)

So anyway my Xbox is for sale, just wanted to make sure it was perfectly working.