ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Xbox 360 elite - hdmi help! (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/992858-xbox-360-elite-hdmi-help.html)

bustaMOVEs 21 December 2013 01:16 PM

Xbox 360 elite - hdmi help!

Just curious to know,
I've had my Xbox connected very well up until I was sorting/tidying the wires as i dont use it anymore so i was repositioning it away but still wanted it installed ready if i needed to use it or i thought i might sell it.
Anyway I unplugged hdmi cable (while Xbox was on) to reroute the cable better and when I plugged hdmi back in, Xbox had no picture!
I've tried all sorts to get it working again with no luck including stuff on the net with no avail.
The av cable works, but crap picture and I honestly can't use it with that.
I believe it needs some sort of handshake for the Xbox to recognise hdmi or something.
Btw it's not the tv as it recognises any cable and you don't switch stuff on/off via tv, it's automatic.
It's not cable as I've tried another working cable and still same so I'm blaming Xbox hdmi thingy has broke inside console or needs a handshake to set back up.

Any advise to what I can try as I was thinking of selling it but I don't want to sell it with this fault tbh

Shaun 21 December 2013 05:41 PM

Try this:

To reset the display settings of the Xbox 360 console to the default settings, follow these steps:
1.Remove any discs from the disc tray.
2.Turn the console off.
3.Turn the console on. Note If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, turn the console on by using the Xbox Guide button on the controller. Make sure that you use the player 1 controller when you do this. The player 1 controller will have the upper-left quadrant light illuminated.
4.As the console starts, press and hold the Y button, and then pull the right trigger at the same time.
5.The Xbox Dashboard resets the display settings to the default settings, and then automatically restarts the console.

tubbytommy 21 December 2013 06:15 PM

As above I did that when I bought a new tv

bustaMOVEs 21 December 2013 07:50 PM

Tried that from searching on the net, didnt work

bustaMOVEs 22 December 2013 10:48 AM

I'm thinking the hdmi thingy is fecked inside as I unplugged it while console was on so I reckon that's caked something.
I've also tried putting both av and hdmi cables in at same time and soon as hdmi cable goes in the picture goes off.

I'm going to give it a mate that works for a games company and see what he thinks.

bustaMOVEs 17 January 2014 10:12 PM

Well the Xbox is fine, it's something todo with the tv that's blocking the Xbox for some reason (as I unplugged it while still switched on, however all other hdmi devices work with tv on hdmi so not fecked any hdmi ports on tv, just seemed to have blocked the Xbox code thingy)

So anyway my Xbox is for sale, just wanted to make sure it was perfectly working.