Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Orange Account Targeted By Fraudster

Search this Thread

Old 09 October 2013, 09:42 PM
RICHARD J
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Orange Account Targeted By Fraudster

Hi All,
Had a call from Orange today asking if I had called customer services to obtain my password, I told them I had not & hung up incase it was a scam. I phoned back on the right number & spoke to them about it & they confirmed that they believed an attempt had been made to obtain my password.
Iv reset it now just incase, but the worrying thing is that Orange said all the security questions were answered correctly but they smelt a rat as it was not my mobile number so they called me.
What would they gain from having my password, & has anyone else experienced this?
Thanks, Richard.
Old 09 October 2013, 09:55 PM
Snooky
Scooby Regular

With passwords and things they can access your information logging into orange.co.uk and could have access to address,bank details etc that is needed or setup in your account!

If your that worried about it create a password with capitols and letters replaced with numbers e.g

L3tm31in (let me in) but with a pets name,child's name or both just try remembering it is the hardest! But saying that when you "hack" an account and you go through the security questions it's not hard to guess them if it's from a drop down menu that's common on sites!

Usually if I do it like online banking, a security question asking mothers maiden name I have put my pets name! E.g butch......just ways of stopping people guessing or like I said the odd letter changed to a number!
Old 10 October 2013, 11:11 PM
RICHARD J
Scooby Regular

Got a text from orange & another from BT telling me my new phones are on the way. I haven't ordered any phones, I have contacted both companies & it seems that some low life scum has shafted me. They have recorded the incidents but say they can't stop the orders now & don't know where the phones will be sent. I can't believe how easy it is for someone to phone customer services claiming to have forgotten the password & commit fraud like this.
Old 10 October 2013, 11:39 PM
Snooky
Scooby Regular

I would inform your bank if I was in your situation and ask them to notify you on out goings "Incase" you start getting a bill for these phones! Surley they would no where they sent the phones as it must have an address for them to be delivered/sent out!!!

Request the address and pass it in to the police and explain your situation that your account is being frauded!!

Xmas on its way so it will be on the high all this fraud/ thefts

Good luck with sorting it out!
Old 10 October 2013, 11:52 PM
RICHARD J
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snooky
I would inform your bank if I was in your situation and ask them to notify you on out goings "Incase" you start getting a bill for these phones! Surley they would no where they sent the phones as it must have an address for them to be delivered/sent out!!!

Request the address and pass it in to the police and explain your situation that your account is being frauded!!

Xmas on its way so it will be on the high all this fraud/ thefts

Good luck with sorting it out!
Thanks, the phone companies tried to be helpful, but they claim the info is not available to them, sounds unbelievable to me.
Old 11 October 2013, 08:28 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by RICHARD J
Thanks, the phone companies tried to be helpful, but they claim the info is not available to them, sounds unbelievable to me.
It is unbelievable. It's your account and the delivery address is supposed to be your address, they should have no problem telling you your address, ask to speak to someone else.
Old 12 October 2013, 07:42 AM
RICHARD J
Scooby Regular

It is unbelievable. Iv been told it's been passed onto the fraud department but nobody will speak to me. Iv also been told I won't be liable for any costs. I'm shocked they don't seem bothered no wonder there is so much fraud going on, it's just too easy.
Old 13 October 2013, 12:17 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

orange are useless bunch of cünts had fraud happen to me when i was with them a different type but thats a long story, the short of it was they didn't want to help and orange put a negative on my credit score.
Old 13 October 2013, 08:14 PM
RICHARD J
Scooby Regular

Orange have deleted my password again, the thing is when I phoned up to set it up they didn't ask any security questions or any proof of who I am, I could have been a fraudster. I told the guy I wasn't happy about what's happened & he said it's because I'm due an upgrade Iv been targeted. I told him I'll upgrade then so this doesn't happen again. He put me through to the upgrade department who won't let me upgrade because of fraudulent activity on my account. Think I'm going to change companies after over 10 years Iv finally realised they are useless. What's the best mobile phone company with good customer services?
Old 13 October 2013, 09:53 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RICHARD J
What's the best mobile phone company with good customer services?
GiffGaff.