Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Windows Vista Help (Need a key)

Search this Thread

Old 08 April 2013, 03:14 PM
Dave1980
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windows Vista Help (Need a key)

Afternoon All

I have just had to reinstall windows vista ultimate on my machine after a trojan forced me to do format.
Only thing is i cant find my key code for my version of windows vista ultimate anywhere.
It is a genuine copy, can anyone send me the key for ultimate by pm? would be very greatful.
Cant find any working keys online so do need a genuine one.

Cheers
Old 08 April 2013, 03:53 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dave1980
Afternoon All

I have just had to reinstall windows vista ultimate on my machine after a trojan forced me to do format.
Only thing is i cant find my key code for my version of windows vista ultimate anywhere.
It is a genuine copy, can anyone send me the key for ultimate by pm? would be very greatful.
Cant find any working keys online so do need a genuine one.

Cheers
You are going to struggle for anyone to give you their key for Vista Ultimate as most keys out there are licensed to one PC. Also it is not legal to do so as this is the agreement you made with Microsoft when you activated your legal copy.
If this is a legal copy then your only option is to contact Microsoft directly and plead ignorance to the key and explain your case. You might get lucky, although a lot of keys now from Microsoft are only valid for Windows 7 and 8. Talking of which why not upgrade to Windows 7? It's better than Vista and less of a system hogger.
Old 08 April 2013, 05:31 PM
mike1210
Scooby Regular

Defo go for Windows 7 or 8 if you can.

Using Vista for long periods of time can actually kill you, this has been proven.....kind of.

Try out Windows 7 using one of these ISO's if you like

http://techdows.com/2011/07/download...oad-links.html

Old 08 April 2013, 10:51 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

I need a key too for someone who has legacy software he wants to run but i'm assuming it's impossible to buy xp/vista licenses. Alternatively he will have to 'upgrade' his windows7 home premium license to professional and use the xp virtual mode.
Old 09 April 2013, 09:56 AM
Dave1980
Scooby Regular

sorted, dont worry. thanks for the comments though. i will upgrade at some point in the near future
Old 09 April 2013, 10:28 AM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mike1210
Defo go for Windows 7 or 8 if you can.

Using Vista for long periods of time can actually kill you, this has been proven.....kind of.

Try out Windows 7 using one of these ISO's if you like

http://techdows.com/2011/07/download...oad-links.html

Windows 8! No...no

Its that great that Microsoft have already planned to release it's successor Windows Blue A.K.A Windows 8.1;

http://www.informationweek.co.uk/sof...know/240152012

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2417376,00.asp
Old 09 April 2013, 10:42 AM
mike1210
Scooby Regular

No I agree TBH. At the moment I much rather Windows 7 but to be fair, I haven't used Windows 8 much so can't really give a full opinion on it. At the moment I feel some of the new features it has are great but totally ruined by the UI.

Blue seems to improve that a little but I don't think they are bringing the start menu back which a lot of people are crying out for. There are loads of start menu replacements for 8 (I've used classic start 3.66) and MS still won't budge.

This to me says they are taking the Apple dictatorship we know what's best for you approach.

This link I found interesting

Old 09 April 2013, 12:43 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mike1210
No I agree TBH. At the moment I much rather Windows 7 but to be fair, I haven't used Windows 8 much so can't really give a full opinion on it. At the moment I feel some of the new features it has are great but totally ruined by the UI.

Blue seems to improve that a little but I don't think they are bringing the start menu back which a lot of people are crying out for. There are loads of start menu replacements for 8 (I've used classic start 3.66) and MS still won't budge.

This to me says they are taking the Apple dictatorship we know what's best for you approach.

This link I found interesting

Windows 8: The Animated Evaluation - YouTube

Nice find there. Liking the analogies 'No Steering Wheel, instead an ejector seat".

Still on Windows 7 64-bit Professional, after only moving off XP nearly 2 years ago. You never jump onto a new OS without it being grounded in the real world first

To be fair in the LINUX world, I don't like Ubuntu 12.04 LTE or 12.10 but prefer Linux Mint (An Ubuntu based OS). Why? The Interface and how it works with the end user.