Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Cheapest Photoshop CS6 or will Elements 10 suffice?

Search this Thread

Old 30 August 2012, 10:37 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheapest Photoshop CS6 or will Elements 10 suffice?

Do a fair bit of photography with my Canon 7D but looking to do more and do some post processing, start using RAW etc. CS6 is way out of my budget. I have used Software 4 Students in the past to get MS software at heavily discounted prices. They offer CS6 Extended for £169 but the qualifying criteria appears a lot tougher than what was needed for MS (just tick a box saying you were doing a course at Open Uni etc).

So are there any other ways to get a kosher copy of CS6 under £200 or would I be better off going for a stripped down version like Elements 10 for £60 that will cover most of what I will need for now?

Someone did tell me that Adobe do let you "unregister" their software so you can sell it on via fleabay etc. Not sure whether I would want to do that via fleabay tho as too many rip off merchants.

Cheers
Simon
Old 31 August 2012, 01:25 AM
judgejules
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you can afford £50 per month, you can get the whole suite of Adobe apps, pay monthly and turn in on/off when you want/need. You get all the updates, you're always on the latest version with the latest patches and you don't need to look over your shoulder when using the apps or exporting some file with hidden exif data.