Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

PlusNet - Good customer service

Search this Thread

Old 05 July 2012, 04:12 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default PlusNet - Good customer service

I just thought I would "address" the balance, against recent comments on other threads about PlusNet.

I have been with PlusNet for nearly 10yrs. I rely on a stable internet connection and feel like my head has been cut off if I experience issues. Thankfully issues have been pretty non existant since using PlusNet. Any issues I have experienced have always been dealt with effectively and efficiently..... in my opinion they have customer service that others need to follow!

I moved to their 40/2 FTTC service in November last year. Great increase in speed. I then moved to their 80/20 FTTC trial in March 2012. It was free to join the trial, but with trials you expect issues and you're told about the potential risk.

Speed drastically increased again... I was over the moon!

Last weekend I noticed a drastic speed drop, down to around 30Mb. Completed several tests at home and thought I would ask a question about it on their community forums (on the Monday). These are regulary scanned by the support teams, who will answer if they can on the forums, or suggest a support ticket to be raised.

I comment was posted back that day, advising that a support ticket should be raised.

I raised a support ticket on Tuesday @ 1pm.

I received feedback @ 1:20pm on Tuesday, to say that tests were being performed and that they will contact me again soon.

I received an update @ 9:31am on Wednesday, to say that the line was OK.

I received an update @ 9:34am to ask me to try several tests at home, directly connecting to the modem instead of the router. All easy to follow instructions and report back to them with various speedtest scenarios.

I sent back a response @ 8:44pm on Wednesday with the feedback required.

I received an update this morning (Thursday) @ 8:34, to say that they are going to send me a brand new router out and apologising for the inconvenience.

Now.... if that's not good service, I don't know what is!

I appreciate others may not have been impressed with their service from PlusNet, but my experiences of their customer service has been second to none over the years. The fact that their service is well priced, reliable and their customer service is great imo, are the reasons why I stay with them.

Old 05 July 2012, 05:57 PM
bobpullen
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for the positive feedback and let me know how you get on with that new router.

Disappointing to hear that others round these parts are less than satisfied with the service though

I'll have a search around and see if I can spot anything I might be able to help with.

Best regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Digital Care
Old 05 July 2012, 06:00 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

This is just like the thread where I praise Apple. Steve popped by and asked what's up.
Old 05 July 2012, 09:03 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

WOW - that probably looks like that was staged. lol

So we have an ISP actively searching the internet for "chatter" and then taking the time to respond to comments on other forums. Like I said... some other organisations need to take note!

Jack,
But I'm not prasing PlusNet every hour like you do with Apple.

Bob,
No problem.

Good service deserves recognition.... it doesn't happen often enough.
Old 06 July 2012, 09:15 AM
kernel
Scooby Regular

I've recommended PN to several of my friends and would be happy to do so again. As I've posted elsewhere I had an ADSL2 issue but that was with the line so not PN's fault and they tried very hard to help me out. Since I've been on the FTTC stuff I'm as happy as a pig in ****. I just wished I lived closer to my green cab.
Old 06 July 2012, 11:11 AM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Just received new router. Hat's off to PlusNet.
Old 06 July 2012, 12:49 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Good effort Shaun. People are only to quick to moan when something goes wrong but very rarely praise when its due.

If they offered LLU services at my exchange I would have tried them. Only Sky do
currently so my choices were somewhat limited

Trending Topics

Old 06 July 2012, 02:44 PM
Adam-M
Scooby Regular

Im with plus net aswell, good company.
Old 10 July 2012, 03:19 PM
bobpullen
Scooby Newbie

Has the replacement router helped Shaun?

Best regards,

Bob.
Old 10 July 2012, 05:09 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

I have been with them for 18 month and in that time have had a couple of problemsthat where dealt with quickly and courteously and by an ENGLISH call centre.

Now if they would only drop that dreadful advertising campaign!
Old 11 July 2012, 08:21 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

And let you download at full speed when you want too...
Old 12 July 2012, 10:45 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

PlusNet let me down unfortunately. Used them many years ago and had great service, decided to give them another go after moving to a new property.

We're quite rural and my line is extremely unstable, terrible speed fluctuations and only seeing 1 Meg on a very good day. The line drops every time a phone call is made or received. Had 3 Openreach engineer visits requiring days off work, numerous exchange lift & shifts and no consistency with PlusNet support staff. Went round and round in circles doing the same tasks for different support staff and never got proper resolution or any ownership.

Had no choice but to move to another ISP since we finally have our first LLU provider. They'd gone quiet and given up on me. It was only when they received my cancellation that PlusNet suddenly decide that there is a physical fault on the line which they can only fix if I cancel the cease on my line. Not going to happen I'm afraid. Very, very disappointed with PlusNet's service. I don't doubt that those with a good infrastructure will get good service, but when things weren't so great, they let us down.
Old 12 July 2012, 01:21 PM
bobpullen
Scooby Newbie

Sorry to hear we let you down. Out of interest did the move to LLU help fix your flaky connection?

Best regards,

Bob.
Old 12 July 2012, 02:37 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Hello Bob - it's due to go live on Monday, so we'll see what happens. At the least it'll help pinpoint whether the fault lies with the physical line between us and the exchange.
Old 13 July 2012, 08:08 AM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by bobpullen
Has the replacement router helped Shaun?

Best regards,

Bob.
Hi Bob,
Yes & No.

The new router immediately saw the speed jump back up, in-line with my stable sync speed of 68k. However, on the same day as I received the new router (Friday 6th July) I noticed my BT line had no dial-tone. I reported this fault to BT.

BT sent an engineer out to my exchange on Monday 9th. An engineer called me on my mobile and said he "changed some hardware" at the exchange and my dial-tone was restored. That night when I got home and tested my FTTC speed, it had dropped down to 37Mb/15Mb.

Been a bit busy, but I have just gone back through the previous tests and the speed remains at 37Mb/15Mb whether I use the new router, old router or plug straight into the modem.

Sync speeds are stable @ 68k. Looks like whatever the BT engineer did, it has broken something else.

I will update my call log with you.
Old 13 July 2012, 09:57 AM
kernel
Scooby Regular

Shaun the drop back to 40Meg speeds is a known problem at PN. Loads of us on the 80/20 trial suddenly found our download speed capped back to the 40Meg service.

Check you PN profile here, https://portal.plus.net/my.html?acti...transfer_speed

For the uncapped (80/20) service you should be 20Mb, I bet yours says 40Mb. Put a support ticket in and they'll correct it.
Old 13 July 2012, 11:34 AM
bobpullen
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Shaun
Hi Bob,
Sync speeds are stable @ 68k. Looks like whatever the BT engineer did, it has broken something else.
If you've a support ticket reference you can provide me with Shaun then I'll take a look and see if I can spot what's wrong.

Hopefully it is the profiling our side as it's a royal PITA if it's the profile across BT Wholesale's part of the network.

Best regards,

Bob.
Old 13 July 2012, 03:07 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Kernel,
Thanks for the info.

Bob,
Support ticket updated and I had a response back from your support staff @ 11:58. Profile reset. Just checked and all sorted now.

Again, I can't fault PN's support response.
Old 19 July 2012, 04:18 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by bobpullen
Sorry to hear we let you down. Out of interest did the move to LLU help fix your flaky connection?

Best regards,

Bob.
Hello Bob,

It did. My download and upload speed has nearly doubled; plus the speed and connection has been rock solid with no dropouts so far.
Old 19 July 2012, 05:31 PM
bobpullen
Scooby Newbie

Glad to hear it. That would suggest it was something exchange-related. Shame we couldn't find out what that 'something' was!

Rgds,

Bob.
Old 19 July 2012, 06:13 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Thanks Bob, appreciate the feedback. My case is probably a rare one, good to see so many happy customers
Old 19 July 2012, 08:34 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

Another plus for Plusnet from me too. I used them for years, excellent service all round. The only reason I moved to Be was because Plusnet were not LLU at my exchange and I wanted up to 24mbps service.

I shall probably move from Be in September when FTTC is enabled on our exchange as they are not offering a FTTC service

It's a shame as Be were truly unlimted in usage. That was my only gripe wth Plusnet, limited usage when I was awake! Ok, I got some software that would download overnight but I don't like leaving my PC on.

Would be interested to see their usage policies now they offer FTTC as what's the point of having 80mbps if you can hardly use it?

Geezer
Old 19 July 2012, 10:35 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Since their 80Mb service is not commercially available yet (we're still on the trial) we have yet to be informed of either the price or the package contents. However, us trialists have filled in a survey, so rest assured I put down that allowances need to be re-visited imo.

Fingers crossed!