Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Diablo 3 ?

Search this Thread

Old 14 May 2012, 01:20 PM
ramdor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Diablo 3 ?

Anyone as sad as me going to collect it at midnight? lol, I just can't help myself

Richie.
Old 16 May 2012, 11:51 AM
ramdor
Scooby Regular

blimey? I must be sad then

Most pre-ordered PC game ever, 12 years in the making. No one playing it or too busy washing cars ?

Richie.
Old 16 May 2012, 12:17 PM
craigo
Scooby Regular

How you liking it ? is it that good ?
Old 16 May 2012, 12:41 PM
ramdor
Scooby Regular

Yes it is very sweet. I loved the 2 original diablo's + expansions, so have been waiting and waiting for this to come out. The co-op side of joining games and meeting up with friends is nicely implemented as well. If you like hack and slash games then it is one of the best imo.

Only problem at the moment is the login process and the serious overload of their servers. Hopefully they will get this all resolved over the next couple of days. They had over 800,000+ pre-orders and over 1 million purchases included with the yearly WoW pass. It was the most pre-ordered game in the history of PC gaming, and even amazon had issues getting enough copies out.

Couple of issues at the moment with achievements and a few other bugs, but these will get patched I am sure.

It is a linear game with a story, in normal mode you will reach about lvl 30 after act 4 (4 acts in the game), but it has 4 levels of difficulty which open up as you complete the previous level. Character lvl cap is 60 at the moment. Also, it has a hardcore mode when if you die, your character is not playable any more. They will be adding PvP and real world money auctions soon.

The control method lends itself to be released on consoles, so I expect it will be released on those at some point too.

It is definitely one of those games that results in lack of sleep
Old 16 May 2012, 01:07 PM
craigo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ramdor
Yes it is very sweet. I loved the 2 original diablo's + expansions, so have been waiting and waiting for this to come out. The co-op side of joining games and meeting up with friends is nicely implemented as well. If you like hack and slash games then it is one of the best imo.

Only problem at the moment is the login process and the serious overload of their servers. Hopefully they will get this all resolved over the next couple of days. They had over 800,000+ pre-orders and over 1 million purchases included with the yearly WoW pass. It was the most pre-ordered game in the history of PC gaming, and even amazon had issues getting enough copies out.

Couple of issues at the moment with achievements and a few other bugs, but these will get patched I am sure.

It is a linear game with a story, in normal mode you will reach about lvl 30 after act 4 (4 acts in the game), but it has 4 levels of difficulty which open up as you complete the previous level. Character lvl cap is 60 at the moment. Also, it has a hardcore mode when if you die, your character is not playable any more. They will be adding PvP and real world money auctions soon.

The control method lends itself to be released on consoles, so I expect it will be released on those at some point too.

It is definitely one of those games that results in lack of sleep
Thanks for that
Yup, waiting for the console version....
Old 17 May 2012, 06:54 PM
eagle
Scooby Regular

not overly impressed with it.
will play it a bit and see if it grows on me
Old 23 May 2012, 11:06 AM
Evolution Stu
Administrator
Support Scoobynet!

Didnt play the other Diablos so no idea what its about really, does version 3 work well as a first game or do you really need to have played the others first?

Trending Topics

Old 23 May 2012, 11:45 AM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

im a level 20 Witch doctor and its gettingn hard now and still on act 2, i likes the act 1 boss brought back memories.

Its a bit like the old ones even in story really, Its not as good as i thought it would be, BUT its still very good, and worth the 0 i paid as i got it free as part of the Warcraft deal

i hazard a guess at inferno level its silly daft
Old 24 May 2012, 07:12 AM
eagle
Scooby Regular

lvl 27 demon huntard, doing well and getting killed alot on easy settings lol .. but .. really wiered, i dont really feel like im enjoying it.. yet spending alot of time on it .. so must be.
it sucks you in and is easy to play and understand, might be worth giving it a try stu ... and yeah i got it free through wow too lol
Old 24 May 2012, 07:21 AM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Im same eagle keep playing it but jurys still out.

And yeah im kiteing alot run around like a nutter being chased and pulling even more mobs, im finding th scoundral good as your companion
Old 24 May 2012, 10:49 AM
ramdor
Scooby Regular

I love it, has to be said. 3 chars now completed normal, taking a barbarian through nightmare (act 2). It is complete mayhem with 4 players
Old 02 June 2012, 09:06 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

m8s just ragequit a barb on Inferno , act 1 to act 2 is big change, Blizz are gonna alter it a wee bit
Old 14 June 2012, 09:51 AM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

ok so ive done normal, But i dont have the urge to do it again, anybody else getting that feeling.