Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Why we hate the iPad..

Search this Thread

Old 18 December 2011, 08:15 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why we hate the iPad..

http://www.cultofmac.com/135844/why-...d-gadget-ever/

Not me, I love mine
Old 18 December 2011, 08:43 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

That is what they said about the iphone, just give it time, Android will catch up in sales and market share.
Old 18 December 2011, 08:43 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Who cares, TBH theres too much Apple lovers/haters in here, it's only a brand FFS, do we need a new Apple thread every ******* day?.
Old 18 December 2011, 08:44 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

It's a good article, a lot of what is written is crap and basically one persons point of view with no substance but it's quite a good read.
Oh and I love my iPad too, and my iPhone
Old 18 December 2011, 08:45 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RA Dunk
Who cares, TBH theres too much Apple lovers/haters in here, it's only a brand FFS, do we need a new Apple thread every ******* day?.
I totally agree.
Old 18 December 2011, 08:48 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

I too agree, but these threads quickly get people talking like no other
Old 18 December 2011, 08:53 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamescsti
I too agree, but these threads quickly get people talking like no other
They always end the same way though, nothing sorted out and the divide as wide as it always is. Its an electrical item, like an iron or a toaster, lets not get a boner about it.
Old 18 December 2011, 08:58 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Some electrical items do give people boners though, you should go in Ann summers and check it out! Lol
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

..and not one mention of Samsung....

RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Myles
Its an electrical item, like an iron or a toaster, lets not get a boner about it.
+1

Thats all it is an electrical item, nothing more.

Anybody who either loves an electrical item or has enough time to hate one needs to get a ******* life.
Old 18 December 2011, 09:01 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

The article doesn't even touch on the mobile gaming market. If you have an iphone or ipad then there is no need for any dedicated gaming device such as psp or ds.
Old 18 December 2011, 09:03 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us
The article doesn't even touch on the mobile gaming market. If you have an iphone or ipad then there is no need for any dedicated gaming device such as psp or ds.
Do the iPhone and iPad have DS emulating apps?
Old 18 December 2011, 09:06 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

+1

Thats all it is an electrical item, nothing more.

Anybody who either loves an electrical item or has enough time to hate one needs to get a ******* life.
It makes it all the more ironic that you have nothing better to do than to tell people this!
Old 18 December 2011, 09:11 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

Do the iPhone and iPad have DS emulating apps?
No idea but playing Fifa for example on all 3 devices which I have done the ipad kicks the other two straight into the bin.
Old 18 December 2011, 09:23 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

Number one requested toy????!!!!!

how many parents actually listen to that request or tear up Santa's list in front of their kids???

Jeez,last 15 years this world has gone nuts!
Old 18 December 2011, 09:23 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Its an electrical item, like an iron or a toaster
Yeah except if it were an iron it would only iron on one setting, the only one Steve Jobs told you you needed or if were a toaster it would only toast white bread and even then only 75% of the slice.
Old 18 December 2011, 09:35 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Yeah except if it were an iron it would only iron on one setting, the only one Steve Jobs told you you needed or if were a toaster it would only toast white bread and even then only 75% of the slice.
It does everything most people need them for.

If you don't like it don't buy it and please ******* stop moaning about it, I don't like Evos but I don't moan about them every time somebody mentions them.
Old 18 December 2011, 09:41 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Old 18 December 2011, 09:43 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

If you don't like it don't buy it and please ******* stop moaning about it, I don't like Evos but I don't moan about them every time somebody mentions them.
Evos? Who mentioned Evos.......I fricking hate Evos, the drivers are jumped up ****** etc.

(trying to deflect interest back to cars, all the above are not really my thoughts!)
Old 18 December 2011, 09:59 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

I like mine.
Old 18 December 2011, 10:02 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamie
I like mine.
Evo?

(still trying)
Old 18 December 2011, 11:21 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

I didn't f**kng buy one, I just have to cater for the dipsh1ts at Apple that don't have a f**king clue about the real world and f**k Flash off into the stratosphere before there is a f**king replacement that actually works properly, who can't support WMV for some reason best know to themselves, who won't allow files to be downloaded off the web like any other tech company producing this **** and who can't even support f**king H264 consistently across their own devices while their marketing department who are obviously the brains of the compnay manage to convince millions to buy the piece of **** for twice the price it should be!!!!!

In the picture now 'brains'????

Last edited by f1_fan; 18 December 2011 at 11:23 PM.
Old 18 December 2011, 11:34 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my iPad and iPhone
Could not live with out these gadgets
It's amazing how the Apple fan boys and haters are always at war

But its good banter
Even at work we have 2 apple fan boys and 3 non believers with silly wannabe iPhones
Great banter at least once a day we have good old rows

They are just jealous because apple are best
Let's face it htc desire and samsung whatever just don't have the same image as the iPhone
And lap tops lets face it
Who wants to wait 2 minutes to it boots up and then burns your legs when you use it and of course a silly hinge which makes it topple over every time you ned to scratch your crotch
Old 19 December 2011, 12:33 AM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by lordharding
Let's face it htc desire and samsung whatever just don't have the same image as the iPhone
Oh the irony
Old 19 December 2011, 07:34 AM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

I didn't f**kng buy one, I just have to cater for the dipsh1ts at Apple that don't have a f**king clue about the real world and f**k Flash off into the stratosphere before there is a f**king replacement that actually works properly, who can't support WMV for some reason best know to themselves, who won't allow files to be downloaded off the web like any other tech company producing this **** and who can't even support f**king H264 consistently across their own devices while their marketing department who are obviously the brains of the compnay manage to convince millions to buy the piece of **** for twice the price it should be!!!!!

Has it never crossed you mind that most of us don't know or don't even ******* care what WMV/H264 and all the rest of that gobbeldygook you just posted about is?

Most of us only want a phone that we can check our email with, yes its that ****ing simple you nugget!

There are better phones out there, there are worse phones out there, it's about picking what suits the user, mine does everything I need it for and alot of stuff I dont need it for.

Last edited by RA Dunk; 19 December 2011 at 07:42 AM.
Old 19 December 2011, 08:02 AM
MMT WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boxst

See what you've done now.
Old 19 December 2011, 08:20 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Has it never crossed you mind that most of us don't know or don't even ******* care what WMV/H264 and all the rest of that gobbeldygook you just posted about is?
Of course you don't know about it as otherwise you wouldn't buy it would you LOL! You only know about it when the thing does not play your favourite **** vid or whatever else it is that floats your particular boat and even then you don't realise why... you just say well it's an Apple device so it must be the media's fault (thanks to Apple's marketing department)

Most of us only want a phone that we can check our email with, yes its that ****ing simple you nugget!
Then why get a Smartphone or tablet???? A Nokia 6300 will do that for you no bother.

The point is you assumed wrongly I am complaining about the iPad and Apple from a consumer's point of view. If you are dumb enough to buy one of these things then you deserve all you get, but sadly as a developer I have to work with them through no fault of my own and they have royally f**ked up.

Then people like you trot out your trite little line about not buying them if you don't like them and it boils my p1ss!

So Merry f**king Christmas

Last edited by f1_fan; 19 December 2011 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Removed the insults even if I think they are valid as it is Christmas!
Old 19 December 2011, 08:43 AM
jonc
Scooby Regular

I love my iPad and iPhone
Could not live with out these gadgets
It's amazing how the Apple fan boys and haters are always at war

But its good banter
Even at work we have 2 apple fan boys and 3 non believers with silly wannabe iPhones
Great banter at least once a day we have good old rows

They are just jealous because apple are best
Exactly, it's just banter, some people just take things too seriously. It's so easy to wipe the smile off the appleholic fanboi's smug faces when show them the limitations of their iDevice.

And lap tops lets face it
Who wants to wait 2 minutes to it boots up and then burns your legs when you use it and of course a silly hinge which makes it topple over every time you ned to scratch your crotch
Yep, those macbooks are cr@p too and also under powered and massively overpriced. Still at least they look good, afterall that's all that matters

Last edited by jonc; 19 December 2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old 19 December 2011, 09:08 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

This ought to be in the computer section; NSR is for the discussion of sweets and frozen sandwiches.

Last edited by JTaylor; 19 December 2011 at 09:19 AM.
Old 19 December 2011, 09:17 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Wondered how long it would take f1 to mention his flash escapade, I see it was not long

Quick Reply: Why we hate the iPad..