Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Deus Ex Human Revolution

Search this Thread

Old 25 August 2011, 03:29 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deus Ex Human Revolution

out tomorrow and I've pre-ordered on Amazon

Looks to be the canine gonads and just the kind of game I love to play - rewards being sneaky

In fact you get XP bonuses for completing sections without killing anyone / using non-lethal weapons....

I can see me repeating the kind of game play I enjoyed on Splinter Cell; where I would watch the guards routes and work out when I could take someone out without any one noticing, then do the same for every guard in the area... great fun.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/08/22/de...lution-review/
Old 25 August 2011, 07:15 PM
acstua
Scooby Regular

ive preorded and preloaded off steam not sure i'll be very quiet and stealthy mind
Old 25 August 2011, 09:03 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Splinter Cell has been amazing and newer SC are just not these old one.Deus Ex i've still old one,which is still installed.

New Deus Ex have good reviews,but mostly reviewers said,graphic its not the best,but who play games just due graphic?

Jura
Old 25 August 2011, 09:08 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Gameplay is the key for me.

I recently played Baldurs Gate from the very start all the way to end of BG2 Throne of Bhaal, just because the game play was so excellent.
Old 25 August 2011, 09:16 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kieran_Burns
Gameplay is the key for me.

I recently played Baldurs Gate from the very start all the way to end of BG2 Throne of Bhaal, just because the game play was so excellent.
Baldur's Gate series are mine favorite,still have this installed on mine old PC in Czech Republic with Might and Magic series(old PC,which i'm using only as server)

Agreed gameplay is key in all games

Jura
Old 25 August 2011, 11:57 PM
WhatswiththeR
Scooby Regular

I posted this a while back but no one seemed interested in it. The graphics look good imo, although they like a gold layer or two. Looking at videos from youtube seems like a cross between MGS and fallout
Old 26 August 2011, 05:35 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

I have played the sneaky 10 hour review copy, only played around 1.5 hours so far, but it was enough for me to put the game on my want list.

Will pick it up at some point, although i could see a few issues with it that will hopefully be patched out by then.

Its getting good reviews on metacritic.

I was not even interested in the game until i played the sneaky review copy, and i only played that because i was bored one day and a mate gave it to me.

Last edited by StickyMicky; 26 August 2011 at 05:36 PM.
Old 26 August 2011, 09:40 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

thanks for the reminder !! -- Deus Ex is one of my all time favourites, from the review of the new version, its time the raid the piggy bank ...........
Old 30 August 2011, 02:52 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Played it for a while now - talk about open bloody levels

There are loads of different ways to complete missions, you can stumble upon sneaky entrances all over the place.

I'm going for the 'not killing anyone and not being seen' approach. Well... I say not being seen - you quickly realise that you need to attack guards to get the extras that they carry, and to be honest: waiting for your victim before you do the non-lethal take down is great - and very tense.

I think the "tap on the shoulder and lamp 'em" method is my favourite so far

There's one mission where you get a bonus for negotiating the whole area without being seen - I simply mugged every damn guard, so no one COULD see me. (you get XP bonuses and goodies for each one)

The flexibility is great as well - you need to be able to get through a cracked wall - and you don't have the augment to allow this... remote detonated explosive! Bit unfair on the guy leaning on the other side having a ***, but omelettes and eggs, omelettes and eggs....
Old 30 August 2011, 02:58 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kieran_Burns
Played it for a while now - talk about open bloody levels

There are loads of different ways to complete missions, you can stumble upon sneaky entrances all over the place.

I'm going for the 'not killing anyone and not being seen' approach. Well... I say not being seen - you quickly realise that you need to attack guards to get the extras that they carry, and to be honest: waiting for your victim before you do the non-lethal take down is great - and very tense.

I think the "tap on the shoulder and lamp 'em" method is my favourite so far

There's one mission where you get a bonus for negotiating the whole area without being seen - I simply mugged every damn guard, so no one COULD see me. (you get XP bonuses and goodies for each one)

The flexibility is great as well - you need to be able to get through a cracked wall - and you don't have the augment to allow this... remote detonated explosive! Bit unfair on the guy leaning on the other side having a ***, but omelettes and eggs, omelettes and eggs....
You have pm
Old 02 September 2011, 08:11 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

i was trying to decide wether to buy this or not, all i'll say is im glad i did. loving it so far

the concept that decisions have consequences later on rocks