Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Turtle beach x11 xbox help

Search this Thread

Old 18 August 2011, 01:31 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turtle beach x11 xbox help

Since changing my old White launch machine for a nice new black one I've not been able to use my turtle beach's properly.

I only get game chat over the headphones now and not the game itself which comes out over the tv.

I've looked online for a solution but they nearly all seem to relate to the old White xboxes and a Microsoft hdmi audio cable that now appears to have been discontinued.

I'm sure that if I plug the green cable into the headphone port that it will work but is that the only answer? That means I have to plug it in and out every time I use the xbox.

Any suggestions?
Old 18 August 2011, 07:20 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Could be your NAT settings on the router,

MS state issues with in game chat etc can be caused by NAT issues

Might be worth a look

Whats the differance between the turtle beach phones and the standard set up?

Mart
Old 18 August 2011, 11:39 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Thanks for the response.

It's not a NAT issue, the voice channel is fine and crystal clear. The problem is I don't get the game channel at all and that's the difference with the turtlebeach's. You normally hear the game itself across the headphones absolutely crystal clear and you can hear every footstep and the direction they come from. To lose that aspect is a bit of a bummer.
Old 20 August 2011, 08:46 AM
mart360
Scooby Regular

How does the TB conect to the box?

My elite is wireless, and the headphone attaches to the controller.

The audio outout is via the big connector converted to Toslink

Video is via HDMI

Is this what you need

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Optical-RC...item35b3cba63e
Mart
Old 20 August 2011, 02:23 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by mart360
How does the TB conect to the box?

My elite is wireless, and the headphone attaches to the controller.

The audio outout is via the big connector converted to Toslink

Video is via HDMI

Is this what you need

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Optical-RC...item35b3cba63e
Mart
I think that's for the old machines. I did have one but you cant plug an hdmi cable in AND this as they don't firt beside each other. Ended up splitting the grey plastic off and inserting the bare metal. Still didn't bloody work poxy thing

The TB's plug into a usb slot. A seperate cable splits off and goes into the controller so you can listen to the game chat. A further separate cable splits off with the red and white connectors for audio. These are supposed to plug into the back of the telly and thats all thats supposed to happen. It bloody well doesn't!
Old 20 August 2011, 02:49 PM
jsh1
Scooby Regular

Ok, apologies in advance if any of this sounds patronising, but it's easier to start from the beginning than to work out what you have and haven't tried.

I am assuming you have the HDMI cable connected into the TV? If so, can you hear the game channel through the speakers on the TV?

If you can, then we have established that the audio from the XBox is being sent to the TV. Now, are you connecting the red and white cables from your headphones into the "audio out" sockets on the back of the TV?

Which TV do you have? Bear in mind that a lot of modern screens do not have an analog audio out on them anymore, this has been replaced by an optical output. If this is the case, then that is where you problem is.

If you only have an optical out, then all is not lost. You can use what's called a scart adaptor which is has a scart plug one side which connects to the TV and the other side has 3 phono connections, 2 of which are the red and white that you need.

I hope this helps.

Jason