Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Asus transformer tablet anyone got one yet?

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2011, 10:34 AM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Asus transformer tablet anyone got one yet?

Tried one of these at the weekend and was blown away, everything that the ipad should be but better!

anyone got one yet?

better emails, better browsing than the ipad, screen also seems nicer I will be getting a new android 3.0 tablet for sure just got to sell my ipad which is probably worth pennies now

this one looks good as well

Acer Aspire ICONIA TAB A500 10.1 inch LED Tablet (nVidia Tegra 250 Dual cortex A9, 1GB RAM, 32GB HDD, Bluetooth, Wireless, Android v3.0 Honeycomb)

Old 09 May 2011, 03:20 PM
scoobyverysoon
.......*SMACS*...........

Location: Manchester - Official SMACS Cleaning Freak who suffers from OCD

looks
Old 09 May 2011, 06:26 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

not sure if I should sell my ipad now or wait....
Old 09 May 2011, 09:19 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

I have three pennies for you and I'll pay postage.
Old 10 May 2011, 06:30 AM
Saint AAI
Scooby Regular

The Eee pad transformer does look to be the best Android tablet to date and a good price, the Xoom and the Flyer are just stupid money for what they are, especially with the iPad2 starting at £399. The transformer offers something different with the attachable keyboard, I know you can get a seperate keyboard for the iPad and such, but the way it docks with the screen is a plus and it has another battery in it. The only thing I don't like about the transformer is no standard USB slot on the tablet itself, it's a proprietary connector on the tablet. No 3G either, but that doesn't bother me, just tether it to a phone. OS is supposed to be buggy at the min, but that will be sorted and I'd still prefer it with bugs than the iPads boring iOS...ZZzzzzzzz

http://www.trustedreviews.com/Asus-E..._Laptop_review
http://www.asus.com/Eee/Eee_Pad/Eee_...sformer_TF101/

If I had some spare cash, I'd buy one. My brothers ordered one so will have a look when it comes.

Last edited by Saint AAI; 11 May 2011 at 06:05 AM.
Old 10 May 2011, 09:06 AM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Saint AAI
The Eee pad transformer does look to be the best Android tablet to date and a good price, the Xoom and the Flyer are just stupid money for what they are, especially with the iPad2 starting at £399. The transformer offers something different with the attachable keyboard, I know you can get a seperate keyboard for the iPad and such, but the way it docks with the screen is a plus and it has another battery in it. The only thing I don't like about the transformer is no standard USB slot on the tablet itself, it's a proprietary connector on the tablet. No 3G either, but that doesn't bother me, just tether it to a phone. OS is supposed to be bugger at the min, but that will be sorted and I'd still prefer it with bugs than the iPads boring iOS...ZZzzzzzzz

http://www.trustedreviews.com/Asus-E..._Laptop_review
http://www.asus.com/Eee/Eee_Pad/Eee_...sformer_TF101/

If I had some spare cash, I'd buy one. My brothers ordered one so will have a look when it comes.
I tried the xoom and the asus next to each other, asus was better and considerably better than my Ipad (1), I am ready for a new injection of tech but not sure what to go for....macbook, macbook pro or tablet......
Old 10 May 2011, 02:43 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Do you have a Mac now? If not go for that it'll improve your iPad experience. I couldn't buy a tablet without a SIM card slot, just wouldn't work for me but I have had a lot of luck with Asus products.

Trending Topics

Old 10 May 2011, 04:03 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

i have my imac 27" which is (so far) problem free, my dell xps laptop is really on its last legs and is getting far too hot not sure if i should go for the 13 or 15"....definitely will be getting one but priorities.... this looks ok for me but not seen a 15" in real life only a 13" http://store.apple.com/uk/product/FC...co=MjEwNTY4ODY
Old 10 May 2011, 06:04 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

I have last years top of the line 15" and it's as good as you would hope. Looking back I should have bought a 13" and an iPad but got carried away on the order page.

How much is the optional keyboard?
Old 11 May 2011, 06:04 AM
Saint AAI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JackClark
How much is the optional keyboard?
On the Asus?
It's £50 which is not cheap, but it does have an SD card reader, USB ports and an extra battery inside to try and justify it's cost. Brings the total cost of the package to just over that of the super sleek iPad2 (8.8mm thick!!).
Old 11 May 2011, 08:27 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

£50's pretty good, pretty sure a mate paid more that that for the Samsung one, and never uses it.
Old 20 May 2011, 02:07 PM
stormyuklondon1
Scooby Regular

I picked up a transformer today. the keyboard hasnt been released yet, so ive got an order in for one. so far, so good.
Its got a fantastic screen with gorilla glass so it should last a while. the back is a textured plastic rather than the metal of the ipad, but i quite like it.
once the keyboards released it'll be perfect for travelling.
Old 21 May 2011, 08:45 AM
Saint AAI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stormyuklondon1
I picked up a transformer today. the keyboard hasnt been released yet, so ive got an order in for one. so far, so good.
Its got a fantastic screen with gorilla glass so it should last a while. the back is a textured plastic rather than the metal of the ipad, but i quite like it.
once the keyboards released it'll be perfect for travelling.
My brother's arrived on the 17th and has a keyboard? He bought it as a bundle, unless you mean the keyboard isn't available separately yet?

Seems like a nice tablet, didn't look at it for long though and my bro hasn't got any apps installed yet.
Old 24 May 2011, 08:35 PM
stormyuklondon1
Scooby Regular

yea, i got one without the keyboard. then picked one up with a keyboard i'd say the keyboard transforms (see what i did there?) it from a brilliant tablet into a laptop replacement, as long as you're not into gaming, photo manipulation or number crunching. a seriously good peice of kit.