Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

iOS 4.3.2 now available to download

Search this Thread

Old 14 April 2011, 06:27 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
Default iOS 4.3.2 now available to download

I'm not sure what Apple have done this time, but they've probably done it again.
Old 14 April 2011, 06:40 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

patch for the 4.3.1 jailbreak no doubt
Old 14 April 2011, 06:46 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They have found something that they shouldnt have done in the first place and have tried to fix it

Tony
Old 14 April 2011, 06:53 PM
DJ_Jon
911 C4 pilot

Yea, its a jailbreak patch. I won't be installing it.
Old 15 April 2011, 09:39 AM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Seems to have made my phone slower
Old 15 April 2011, 10:42 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Iain Young
Seems to have made my phone slower
Surprise, surprise, made mine faster.
Old 15 April 2011, 11:20 AM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

If I click the email button, it now takes about 3 seconds to do anything. Same with text messaging. Even the settings page takes longer to appear. Keeps freezing for a second or two while I'm typing as well. The downloaded apps I've tried seem ok so far though.

Edited to say, just done a web search, and it seems I'm not the only person having this problem with the latest update.

It still hasn't fixed my phone crashing during phone calls either. It all worked fine before ios 4

Last edited by Iain Young; 15 April 2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old 15 April 2011, 01:54 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that . I think I have a right to feel a little disgruntled having paid a lot of money for an electronics device that doesn't work as well as the old Nokia N95 it replaced!!

I wouldn't mind if Apple support could give a monkeys, (and yes I have been to see one of their so called experts - complete waste of time and certainly not worth the 120 mile drive). Interestingly, all the problems I have with the phone are well documented around the various Apple forums out there (i.e. slow/laggy operation, crashing while making phone calls etc). Yet Apple keep releasing software updates without fixing the issues.

The phone worked absolutely fine before the iOS4.0 update, and was really rather good. All the problems started the day after I installed the "upgrade", and now it's a chore to use.
Old 15 April 2011, 01:58 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Oops, yes I did miss it (sorry)
Old 15 April 2011, 01:59 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

I can't understand your problems, everyone has the same hardware and the same software, only you and a few other people on Google have the same issues out of millions of users. Apple will see things the same. Didn't you also have 12 broken Xbox's?
Old 15 April 2011, 02:11 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JackClark
I can't understand your problems, everyone has the same hardware and the same software, only you and a few other people on Google have the same issues out of millions of users. Apple will see things the same. Didn't you also have 12 broken Xbox's?
It's a few more than a handful, (look at the threads on Apples support website that run into the hundreds of posts for example). It's obviously a problem because I'm not the only person to be seeing these issues, (just because it's a small percentage of users, doesn't mean that there's no problem). Why Apple can't fix it (or even appear to be trying) given their huge resources is beyond me.

p.s. Yes I went through 14 xbox consoles actually, but they were being used by the kids for several hours every day. I think the high use just exposed the design faults quicker than normal. My latest xbox (which doesn't get used by the kids) has lasted well over two years now.

Still on my original PS3, Dreamcast, Xbox1, ps2, ps1, gamecube, acetronic, atari st/ste, amiga a500, dragon 32 etc. Even my old Nokia N95 still works fine (when most people slated its reliability). I do look after my electronics stuff.
Old 16 April 2011, 07:28 AM
Saint AAI
Scooby Regular

I suppose for every unhappy customer, there will be thousands of happy ones and because the percentage of people with problems will be small, Apple won't admit there are any. The same will happen with any manufacturer. Saying that, about 20% of the people I know with an iPhone are unhappy with it. Someone recently updated to latest iOS and it bricked his phone, he had to go to one of the Apple stores to get them to sort it. Now he says it runs slower and freezes up for a second all the time. Another has to turn his phone off and on again as he says it keeps freezing. They are now thinking of getting something running Android.

I know JackClark slags off Android and will say it's fragmented, unsecure etc. but I find it very good. Been using Android since 1.5 and thought that was good at the time, now I using 2.3.2 and it makes 1.5 look really basic and crap. I've never had any problems with it and it's so versatile, that's not to say there arn't people that are unhappy with it.

As for Xboxs, I'm on my 4th. My launch 60gb PS3 is still working fine.

Last edited by Saint AAI; 16 April 2011 at 07:30 AM.
Old 16 April 2011, 11:04 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

I'm on my 2nd Xbox. First was a launch day console and still working fine until I sold it a couple of months ago to get a slim

I don't seem to suffer the faults on the iPhone, though mines a 4 - Iain you have a 3GS don't you?
Old 16 April 2011, 03:09 PM
Saint AAI
Scooby Regular

The people with faults I know all have 3G's or 3GS's. People I know with a 4 are happy with it as far as I'm aware.
Old 16 April 2011, 07:42 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

All part of Apple's plan to get you to upgrade to an iPhone 4. It is known that iOS 4.x on a 3G is horrifically slow, and with 4.3, Apple dropped support for the 3G. I would not be completely shocked if iOS 5 is iPhone 4 or later / iPad and later.