Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Need Sound For Friday

Search this Thread

Old 15 February 2011, 01:02 AM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Sound For Friday

Still got no sound on my Desktop PC 2.1 speakers or my Hanns G 19" monitor! Tried head phones no joy. 2.1 worked great on Windows XP just nothing since I Got Windows 7 Ultimate Installed by a friend of a friend. Updated the sound system, says it's all up to date. Tried a drivers Update and that it was all up to date! When you click on the speaker bottom right the Graph moves when their should be sound. When you click on the speakers choice all it says is High Def Speaker Audio.

My Laptop says Realtek High Def Audio.

Got somebody coming Friday Night to look at it, I was hoping to have them working by then.

Either the 2.1 or the Monitor Speakers. Any is better than nothing.

Any help is really Appreciated.

Cheer's Craig

Oh, I used that Eraser Programme to clear all data. Thanks for that Guys
Old 15 February 2011, 08:35 AM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
Sorry, but is it a laptop or PC, you mention both. For either try uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them. If it's a PC take a look inside the case and make sure the audio cable is still plugged into the sound connectors bracket - assuming you're not just using the one attached to the motherboard.

Oh, and your speakers are connected to the right plug on the computer aren't they? Just had a friend complain about this after she'd brought he computer to me for some work. No sound when she got home. Cable in wrong hole ..... :-(

Dave
Thanks Dave. It's a desk top PC! I did take the cover off and to be honest there is 3-6 cables that aren't connected to anything. The Audio I've been using is the Green and Pink. Just green for the Monitor! But there doesn't seem to be any Wire's /Connetors that can go to it.

Cheers Mate. Sorry I wasn't clear enough!
Old 15 February 2011, 01:00 PM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that Dave. I'll have a proper look tonight when I'm home! The worked fine on XP, just nothing on this Windows 7. Thats the 2.1 speakers, never used the ones in the Monitor. Only tried them cos i thought the 2.1's was broke. They must be ok! Has to be a cable like you said Dave. I might take some photos of inside and post them up tonight if I don't have any luck. Might be easier that way. There is some cables inside that aren't connected to anything tho.

Thanks again Dave with your help on this Mystery!

Craig.
Old 15 February 2011, 04:22 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

look for realteks High definaition audio driver m8, ive had this although in device manager nothing is showing once you get this installed it works.

i had same deal with my Rocj laptop never worked in wondows 7 until i added driver

wondows 7 doesnt detect it it

it looks in wondows 7 as though you have sound and u see volume going up n down but nothing

ill have a look for u if your strugglin laters
Old 15 February 2011, 05:16 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Does your computer have front and rear audio inputs? I have to disable my front in bios to get the rears to work on w7
Old 15 February 2011, 05:30 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

which pc or which laptop ?
Old 16 February 2011, 01:11 AM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

didn't get in till 11. Proper late night at work. Started at 9 n all.

Defo sort this out 2mrw night. Thanks guys again for all your Time and Advice. Let you know how I get on 2mrw.

Craig.
Old 17 February 2011, 02:32 AM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Nearly chucked this through the window before. Started it at 10pm, just gave up now Took it apart and checked all the cables. All seem ok and in the right Places. Afew that arent connected but the sound one's are.

Tried Downloading the Realtek driver's. Done that, Installed em but no joy.

Don't know how too get in the Bios. Did a quick search but looks quite high tech. I used to fix TV's so I thought this would be a doddle

I do have front and rear Audio Jacks.

The Desk Top Computer Or motherboard is a ASUS A8V-VM

Done a Google Search and Loads of people are having the same fault. Speakers worked great on XP just not on Windows 7. I took some pics of the inside but I don't they will help. Might just have to sell it like it is

There's alittle computer shop near me, been hear years. Heard good things About them. Supposed to be really helpful and give you loads of advice instead of.... Bring it in and I'll charge you £100 And Copy all your Files for my personal use. YEAH RIGHT

Here's the Pictures Guys. Thanks as ever for all the Help, Advice And Tips.

Old 17 February 2011, 03:32 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there have look at this video,in this video have same problem like you and fix it after all

To those having trouble installing audio drivers on Windows7:
I asssume that your systems are x64 and that the trouble is because the Realtek drivers are unsigned (even though Realtek says they are WHQL). x64 systems won't allow unsigned drivers and the ones that Microsoft install ("High Definition Audio") are generic and won't detect the onboard audio.
This method works if you have Vista/Windows 7 x64 Business, Professional or Ultimate (Home and Basic don't have gpedit.msc):

If you have Home or Home Premium, it looks like you only need to change two values using gpedit.msc, so you could try finding the corresponding values in the registry.

Edit: video shows High Definition Driver being installed, not AC97 but I assume same method would be used to install AC97.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpyqMGodYRE

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?...Language=en-us

Jura
Old 18 February 2011, 03:17 AM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Well guys as you can see the time of this post. I've been at it again for hours Jura: Thanks for that link etc. All worked apart from the Drivers I need for this Ac97 Sound card/board. Done every check you can, downloaded every Ac97 windows driver/Realtek driver. Nothing.

I'm now thinking two things. Either go back to Windows XP.

or maybe I can buy a Sound Card that will work with this. Not searched for one of these, or maybe that's not an option. I'll ring this Computer Shop up abs see what they say. Oh I better ring these people who's coming up Tonight to buy it and let them know there's no sound. I like to sell things that are working right and I'd hate to buy something that isn't running right Myself! Prob too honest I know. lol

Think it's a trip to the computer shop Folks.

Really do appreciate all what you lot have done this week, need some sleep now. I'm up at 8am. Been like this all week, bloody walking zombie

Cheer's Craig

Last edited by Razorwrx1; 18 February 2011 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Spelling. lol
Old 20 February 2011, 11:50 PM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Quick Update. I've just ordered a USB sound Card. If this doesn't work then I'm selling with no sound. Worth ago!

Let you know how I get On
Old 21 February 2011, 08:15 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Disconnect the front speaker connection going into the motherboard.