Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Office Professional / Amazon Market Place

Search this Thread

Old 27 December 2010, 09:23 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Office Professional / Amazon Market Place

Just how legit is the Amazon Market Place? I'm assuming as Amazon reccomend them that its pretty above board?

The reason I ask is that I have just ordered Office Pro 2010 for my work pc (family business so I do have to pay for it myself!) and amazon had it new for £350 odd, but Market Place had it new from £144, which is the one I ordered, from a seller with 100% feedback.

Question 1) Will it actually arrive?

2) Is it a legit product?
Old 28 December 2010, 06:57 AM
Saint AAI
Scooby Regular

There are people selling fake or copied goods on there. I ordered an "official" Wii motion plus from a seller on there. They had 97% positive feedback, but when it arrived it was clearly a fake. It didn't come boxed and the fonts on the silicone sleeve were different to a genuine one. When I actually read the feedback it seems they have been selling fakes for over 6 months. People were still leaving positive feedback though which was odd. The price I paid was £20 which didn't give me any reason to think it was counterfeit. I e-mailed Amazon and they told me to contact the seller with my issue, they also said that people are not permitted to advertise or sell counterfeit goods and that they would investigate. Surely I'm not the first person to have e-mailed Amazon about this seller, but so far they are still trading and still selling counterfeit goods. The seller is EasyDigi incase anyone wants to know.
Old 28 December 2010, 04:32 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

£144 for office

any one can get an Amazon selling account!, if its fake but looks genuine don't Microsoft swap it for a real one FOC?
Old 29 December 2010, 02:04 PM
Norman Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooby Soon!
£144 for office
Why not just download for nothing and take the missus for a nice meal with the money you'll save.
Old 30 December 2010, 12:27 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Norman Dog
Why not just download for nothing and take the missus for a nice meal with the money you'll save.
lol wasnt really sure you could do that! I suppose there are always ways, but as its a work pc I'm trying not to cut too many corners! I'll just have to see what the postman brings!