Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Play.com Idiocy

Search this Thread

Old 06 May 2010, 12:55 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking Play.com Idiocy

I ordered a game from them on the 15th of April and it still hasn't arrived. Their policy is that they can't chase up unrecieved orders for 21 days, which is why I've waited this long. Phoned them today and it is indeed recorded as lost in the post! Not a problem, there are two options... money back or another copy of the game. But in order to do either, they have to send you a form for you to sign and return to prove you haven't recieved it. What's the difference between me phoning them and signing a form they send? The latter isn't any more proof, is it? Total muppets. I won't be ordering from them again. I could just have gone into a local Tesco or Asda and picked a copy off the shelf! Either that or used Amazon.

Anyone else here had problems with Play.com? I've had a quick Google and there seem to have been quite a few problems recently with delivery over the last year or so. I'd advise not to use them. Use Amazon if you feel you need to order online.
Old 06 May 2010, 01:07 PM
chrisowe
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never had a problem with Play, the free postage is good. Whereas with Amazon if you opt for free postage your items can take over a week to arrive.
Old 06 May 2010, 04:52 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

I've had several problems with play, ranging from the wrong stuff arriving, and sometimes not arriving at all. The last time, I had about 15 dvds on order that never turned up. After nearly a year of wrangling with their "support" department, I still have never had a refund or replacement. I wouldn't touch them with a very long barge pole.

Never had a problem with Amazon, so use them for most things (although some of the resellers can be a bit slow sometimes - which you can't really blame Amazon for ).
Old 07 May 2010, 09:51 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Play used to be great but their prices arent so competitive anymore and their delivery slow. Havent used them for ages now so stick with Amazon.

Simon
Old 07 May 2010, 09:57 AM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Bought from Play a few times now their delivery times are shocking!

Never again
Old 07 May 2010, 10:05 AM
scoobyverysoon
.......*SMACS*...........

Location: Manchester - Official SMACS Cleaning Freak who suffers from OCD

Ive had 4 orders with play . com and 2 didnt arrive and 1 order I ordered grid on ps3 and got grid for x box

Useles I never had to fill out a form though I just had to wait the x number of days there refund was insant.
Old 07 May 2010, 10:25 AM
mbayley77
Scooby Regular

Im going to go against the flow of this thread

Ive ordered loads from play and have never had problems with them....free delivery which arrives in a few days is something I cant complain about - if I wanted it sooned then id be willing to pay that bit extra.

Seems a bit stupid though you shuold have to sign and return a form to them to state you havnt recieved it!
Old 08 May 2010, 05:07 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

same here, never had a problem with play and the delivery is quick but amazon on the other hand are useless!
Old 09 May 2010, 08:00 PM
DARB
Scooby Regular

I've ordered loads from play.com, only ever had one problem, just before christmas they sent me a game for the PS2 when the order stated PS3, I phoned and spoke to them and two days later had the replacement

oh that reminds I must returns the PS2 version

oh just remembered there was another time I didnt recieve an item but that was from playtrade they just refunded the money
Old 10 May 2010, 06:04 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad to hear other people haven't had the same problem. I've decided to go for a refund now though. Saw the game in Tesco the other day and just bought it there and then. Not letting play have my cash after having to wait to long.