Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

missing files ?

Search this Thread

Old 28 December 2009, 11:55 AM
farmerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default missing files ?

when i search say (kings of leon) vista search finds all the files which are in itunes but it finds two files that says folder is empty and when i try to open the file it says location is not available.it says this C:\users \dean\music\itunes\kings of leon refers to a location that is unavailable.it could be on a hard drive on theis computer ,or on a network.check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted,or that you are connected to the internet or your network, and then try again.if it still cannot be located,the right information might have been moved to a different location.this happens when i search for other bands as well. any idea's ? thanks dean
Old 29 December 2009, 11:44 AM
farmerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

all sorted now ! i had to replace the motherboard and power supply so rather than loose all my stuff i put another hard drive in so i could just drag all the stuff over onto the new drive with a fresh install of vista on it then format the old one. what i did not now was registry mechanic was only set up to scan the new drive after i put it back on so i checked it to scan the two drive's and it sorted the problem !