Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Dial Up - Strange problem

Search this Thread

Old 14 March 2002, 11:56 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

I have my net connection setup as follows:

Dial in through AOL monthly flat rate, minimise it, then browse the web using IE 6.0. With this connection I can browse, collect my emails in Outlook (from all accounts), and upload all of my websites through Dreamweaver to any hosting.

I am currently working on a website, and until last week could access the holding page for their domain, and the company's page who are hosting the domain. However, now I cant access the pages, or upload via Dreamweaver.

When I connect through Freeserve, everything is fine. So why is this happening? I have checked the settings in DUN etc and everything seems OK - just bugs me as to why the site or FTP is not accessible anymore.

Any ideas?

DW
Old 14 March 2002, 11:59 AM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Angry

AOLHell If u ring or chat online with their support and tell em theres a problem with connecting to FTP, they will deny all knowledge and say theres nothing wrong, guaranteed. You will have to wait a day or so, then it will probably be fine again.