Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Messenger Live error 80072 efd

Search this Thread

Old 07 October 2009, 10:01 AM
babber
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Messenger Live error 80072 efd

Hi,

I've searched high and low for a solution to this problem, but can't find anything that works this time.

Messenger live suddenly decided to stop working on my laptop. Works on other machines I have (and please don't say use them instead)

I've deleted all the files within "Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts" that always worked before whenever I have had this issue. Rebooted, but still nothing.

Tried registering all the files I've read about, deleted all the explorer history and so on.

To say its pi55ing me off now is an understatement, so does anyone have a solution please so I don't waste all day?

Thanks Phill

Thanks Phill
Old 07 October 2009, 01:40 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Might be daft as I'm not up on this - but can you not re install the programme.

If windows live is dead, how about downloading msn messenger and running that in place of windows live if its possible?
Old 07 October 2009, 03:17 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by fitzscoob
Might be daft as I'm not up on this - but can you not re install the programme.

If windows live is dead, how about downloading msn messenger and running that in place of windows live if its possible?
Un-installing and re-installing doesn't work, I've tried that before. This morning AFTER I got the error message, I installed the latest version and that doesn't work on my laptop.

The old version that comes with XP is fine. If I try it on my GF laptop, or on my netbook it works fine. It just doesn't make any sense!!

It says my messenger contact list is not available right now, but it's available on all the other machines in the house

As I said the last few times this happened I deleted the contact files in the "C:\Documents and Settings\Phill\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts" folder, which I read on a forum somewhere and this fixed it.

BUT IT'S NOT WORKING THIS TIME!!!

I tried turning off Zonealarm, resetting the router, etc, etc.

Help me please, Phill