Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Uncharted 2

Search this Thread

Old 05 October 2009, 01:26 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uncharted 2

Ive got this on pre-order but downloaded the Multiplayer trial from PSN last week. A bit strange playing 3rd person online but is quite playable so far. I do struggle with the close up combat though it must be said.

Anyone else playing it? Must admit the load time / game creation takes ages sometimes even when its telling me there are 16,000+ players online. Hopefully they can improve that before release. But Im buying it for the single player anyway and wont have much time left online before MW2 is out and takes over.

Simon
Old 05 October 2009, 04:31 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Yep, I've pre-ordered too. Had a few goes on the multiplayer trial, great fun, especially with snipers and shotguns. I also have trouble melee'ing The shotgun is handy when face to face with an enemy.

Works really well and I think will be even more fun than Gears Of War online
Old 05 October 2009, 04:45 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Is the first one any good?

I've got it but never played it. I'm currently working though Mirrors Edge on my PS3 but have got a bit fed up with falling off sky scrapers
Old 05 October 2009, 04:53 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
Is the first one any good?

I've got it but never played it. I'm currently working though Mirrors Edge on my PS3 but have got a bit fed up with falling off sky scrapers
Yep I picked it up for a tenner on platinum last xmas and loved it. Gfx very good for a game that was out at or near PS3 release date. A little short for some but like Tomb Raider with much better controls. Well worth playing imho.

Simon
Old 05 October 2009, 05:52 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

The first wasn;t a bad game, but not great in my opinion. The "puzzles" were far too easy, and the game was too short. Having said that, it was probably worth a tenner

I've pre-ordered the sequel, but doubt I'll be doing the online stuff if it's similar to the demo. Not managed to get the demo to work and connect me to a game yet.
Old 06 October 2009, 01:31 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

I played a bit more last night and got to Lvl14. It was only then I realised you could zoom in the sniper rifle with R3 button lol.

The only let down so far (other than my ability to play TPS multiplayer that well) is the connection speed. Sometimes it connects and finds players ok. Other times it just sits there doing nothing. Sometimes backing out and starting again works but rather annoying when all you want to do is jump on and play against a few of the 16,000 people its telling me are already online playing grrrrrrrrrr.

Thats the major downfall of the PS3 - the online play. For some games it works fine - others its too slow.

Simon
Old 12 October 2009, 05:05 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Aaargh have uninstalled the demo in frustration. Was already annoying waiting for a game to connect but then I started connecting but no kills registering and then getting disconnected. Tried several times so deleted and reinstalled demo. Seemed to work but then waiting forever to join an online game even when it says there are 9k players online currently. Super buggy and Im hoping this is just the beta version and will be sorted for this fridays release but doubt it. Anyway I only pre-ordered for the single player side of things although must admit started to like the multiplayer once Id ranked up a bit.

Simon
Old 14 October 2009, 09:10 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

My Ltd Edition copy arrived
Old 14 October 2009, 09:36 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Mine posted yesterday, hopefully the local posty will be dropping it through the letterbox in 2 hours - might not get much working from home done lol!
Old 15 October 2009, 10:44 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Saw it in the shops today, loved the first one and I was sorely tempted, looking forward to some reviews, the local store is doing it for free if you trade in any 3 PS3 games, bye bye GT5PL, Motorstorm and Resistance of man lol
Old 15 October 2009, 11:14 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Well played it for about 2 hours so far and I really like it, just like the first and feels like you're part of a film, nice gfx, like the new stealthy approaches too. So far just got past the Borneo part and headed into the street fighting in Nepal
Old 15 October 2009, 11:32 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Likewise It's great, very polished and some superb improvements from the already excellent first game. I like that they've dropped the six axis use, made hand to hand combat flow better, introduced corner transitions and new stealth kills. Very much like being in a movie and hard to put down
Old 15 October 2009, 01:07 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DJ Dunk
Very much like being in a movie and hard to put down
You're not wrong!! The missus gave up on me last night and went to bed at 11, said I'd not be far behind - that was when I looked at the clock and it said 1am - oops!!!
Old 15 October 2009, 04:32 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Just rub it in you g*ts. Shopto said mine was shipped early tuesday so it best be waiting at home as wasnt there last night although was out drinking anyway so would have had no chance to play.

Anyone tried the multiplayer yet and can compare it to the beta?

Simon
Old 15 October 2009, 04:37 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

I've only played one deathmatch so far, but it connected pretty quick, under a minute and everything was perfectly smooth.

If you have a completed Uncharted Drakes Fortune save, then you get $100,000 to spend in the upgrade shop too You can buy boosters, co-op ehnancements, player skins and taunts (well, when you reach the appropriate level).
Old 15 October 2009, 05:17 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

I got mine from Shopto!

Not looked at Multiplayer yet, tend to do single player first with games, and didn't download the demo!
Old 16 October 2009, 06:30 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DJ Dunk
I've only played one deathmatch so far, but it connected pretty quick, under a minute and everything was perfectly smooth.

If you have a completed Uncharted Drakes Fortune save, then you get $100,000 to spend in the upgrade shop too You can buy boosters, co-op ehnancements, player skins and taunts (well, when you reach the appropriate level).
Hmmmm sure I kept my game save and didnt see this last night. Will double check now.

Multiplayer is same bollocks for me - just hangs finding a game when 10,000 players online but gives me an excuse to complete single player first lol.

Sweet gfx though and loving it.

Simon
Old 16 October 2009, 09:40 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic
Hmmmm sure I kept my game save and didnt see this last night. Will double check now.

Multiplayer is same bollocks for me - just hangs finding a game when 10,000 players online but gives me an excuse to complete single player first lol.

Sweet gfx though and loving it.

Simon
You need to go to the store in single player (not multiplayer) then press the Square button to bring up the Drake's Fortune data transfer to get the cash.
Old 16 October 2009, 10:20 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Cheers Dunk. Will check it out tonight. Played single player a bit last night and got to Borneo. I forgot why I liked the orignal so much - as well as decent gfx you get imersed in the role with the quality of the ingame footage. The gfx in this version are excellent.

Had same problem with multiplayer but farted around with my router disabling and re-enabling firewall and it works like a charm now (touch wood). Had a few games before work today and managed to rank up to Lvl6 but some are already on Lvl 30 lol. Gameplay is smooth as silk online which is good as most games I played had 3-4 yanks on.

Simon
Old 16 October 2009, 01:17 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Up to the tunnels on the train now in the lead up to the train wreck from the start of the game!

The more I play the more I can't put it down, the tension is cool, cut scenes ace, sound is awesome and it feels even more like I'm playing a movie
Old 17 October 2009, 05:09 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I think you guys have sold it too me, I think i'll start No1 again and save it for the $100000
Old 20 October 2009, 03:26 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

After getting to Urban Warfare, I decided to start the game again on Hard as it seemed to be moving a little too quicky and I didn't want it to end Just on Chapter 13 too - on the train. Brilliant so far!
Old 20 October 2009, 07:51 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Blimey - I'll tell you sommat - its gonna get really difficult after that
Old 21 October 2009, 09:15 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

It's all gone a bit Hoth
Old 21 October 2009, 12:32 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Wait till you get to the TonTon then
Old 21 October 2009, 12:37 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Spoiler . . .

Code:

I got to the Wampa last night and had to switch off. Will have a crack at him at lunchtime :D
Old 21 October 2009, 01:10 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Starts to really ramp up now - I'm on the last bit, about 95% complete, bloody loved every minute too!
Old 21 October 2009, 01:12 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Ive not had much time to play it so on about 44% level 11 I think. Although have bee mixing it with online play. Was playing co-op with a mate last night which is pretty sweet. He had some baddie on his back and I took them (baddie) out with a super shot on the sniper rifle. Still only managed to get to lvl 15 ranking of 60 tho lol.

Also still get some significant delays joining online matches. Sometimes works fine others it just sits there doing nowt.

Simon
Old 21 October 2009, 01:30 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

I've not looked at MP yet, maybe when I've finished, or I might do it again on HARD

I think I'm around level 32....
Old 26 October 2009, 02:45 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

I managed to complete it last fri in about 12hrs total. Lost a load of time in the ice cave after the rock fall as initially couldnt get on the rock ledge so spent ages looking elsewhere like a tit lol.

Did it even go to Lvl 32? Cant remember but didnt seem that high. Final fight was a bit poor/repetitive but enjoyed the game.

Multiplayer still sucking for me. Sometimes fine other times just cant play. Think at rank 18 only lol. May just ditch it and redo single player on crushing to keep me entertained til MW2 in two weeks. Esp as bought the unlimited ammo and single shot kill perks

Treasure count was appalling lol - 23 think I found and no relic.

Simon

Quick Reply: Uncharted 2