Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

24" PVA/MVA monitor

Search this Thread

Old 31 July 2009, 08:20 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts
Default 24" PVA/MVA monitor

Do I or don't I?

I'm really getting annoyed about the colour inaccuracies and poor blacks on my current TN panel monitors, so on the verge of replacing them. Also I'd love to get back to a 1200line resolution again which I missed since dumping the old CRTs

Also the issues of iffy video playback smoothness, that being honest I'm at a total loss of sorting (codecs, GFX cards, Ram, M/board, refresh, resolutions, timings, media players, Dvi, Vga). Now it would be wishful thinking in that it "could" be the monitors, but you never know (how come TVs have "200Hz bravia engines" etc and what-not to process images inbetween frames - doesn't my codec/gfx card/monitor need to do this as well? ). Anyhoo here's hoping.

Choices?

Currently looking at Dell's wfp2408, ( samsung 244T and BenQ FP241W considered, but a bit old hat now, especially now with LED backlights starting to emerge at the top end of the spectrum ).

Or do I wait for LED to get its foothold and come down in price?

Thoughts? Opinions?