Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

couple of questions about xbox 360(newbie)

Search this Thread

Old 30 December 2008, 06:41 PM
delcbr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default couple of questions about xbox 360(newbie)

hi just bought an xbox 360 60gb.after connecting up iam thinking i should use a hdmi lead will i go for a microsoft one or aftermarket one (antigrav)or not bother just use the lead that came with it.

i download films from axxo would i be able to play them by connecting the xbox to the pc via a usb cable or what other way can i do it?

how do i connect to microsoft live if my cable doesnt reach to the router is there a wireless thing i can buy?
any other tips to get the most out of it?
thanks

Last edited by delcbr; 30 December 2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old 30 December 2008, 07:29 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by delcbr
hi just bought an xbox 360 60gb.after connecting up iam thinking i should use a hdmi lead will i go for a microsoft one or aftermarket one (antigrav)or not bother just use the lead that came with it.

Any hdmi lead will do

i download films from axxo would i be able to play them by connecting the xbox to the pc via a usb cable or what other way can i do it?

You can set ur computer up as a media server and stream

how do i connect to microsoft live if my cable doesnt reach to the router is there a wireless thing i can buy?

You can buy a wireless adaptor for your xbox
any other tips to get the most out of it?
thanks
HTH
Old 30 December 2008, 07:41 PM
delcbr
Scooby Regular

connect up my computer as a media server and stream what does that mean and how do i connect it up?
told you i was a newbie lol
Old 31 December 2008, 04:30 PM
Wizzbang
Scooby Regular

First thing to do is to get your xbox onto your network, if your cable doesnt reach, then buy a longer cable or wireless adapter if your router supports wireless), personally I would stick with a cable as its one less thing to sort out.

Once you have the xbox on your network you can stream video/audio/pics across onto your xbox, to do this you need windows media player, goto the library tab and select media sharing, there should now be a pic of an xbox and you need to allow this device. Once thats done you then need to add to your library the locations of the media you want to stream.

Once thats done go back to your xbox and select either video, music or pictures depending on what you to view/listen to, then select your computer and then the folder.

Jobs a good-en
Old 31 December 2008, 06:15 PM
delcbr
Scooby Regular

ok thanks have a better undestanding.