Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Help - enable add ons on IE7 ??

Search this Thread

Old 20 December 2008, 11:22 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - enable add ons on IE7 ??

Anyone able to advise me on the following ??

Having just recently loaded the latest IE7 I see I am now getting the message " IE is currently running with add ons disabled " how do I enable them all ?? have checked internet option - programmes - manage add ons and I see that I have them all listed as enabled, is there a master setting that turns them all off regrdless off these particular settings ??

have also noticed that when I go into windows security centre I get the message " the security centre is currently unavailbe because the " security centre has not started or has been stopped " tried switching pc off and then back on again but still get the same message when I go into the windows security centre.

running windows xp, ie7, all windows updates up to date, running kaspersky 2009 internet security , tried running with av both on and off but still get same messages above.

anyone able to suggest what I need to do on the above ??
Old 21 December 2008, 12:27 AM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Try the IE link in the Start menu folder if you are using the link on your desktop

else

Right click the IE icon and select properties, in the target dialogue box you will notice it ends -extoff "Extensions Off" delete or target to the source program.

Last edited by Dedrater; 21 December 2008 at 12:29 AM.
Old 21 December 2008, 07:16 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay thanks for your reply, have tried your suggestion ie. right clicked on the IE link within the start up menu but for some reason I only get the option off " Start without add ons " ??!!

had a quick google search and seems I am not alone in experiencing this particular problem ??!! but as yet have still to find a solution !!!

keep te ideas comming guys !! or else its a roll back to the security prone IE6 !!!!!