Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Fallout 3 DLC

Search this Thread

Old 19 December 2008, 07:59 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fallout 3 DLC

Bethesda details first Fallout 3 DLC News // Xbox 360 /// Eurogamer - Games Reviews, News and More

Fallout 3 lead producer Jeff Gardiner has fleshed out the Operation: Anchorage DLC due for arrival in January.

For 800 Microsoft Points (GBP 6.80 / EUR 9.60), there will be roughly four-to-five hours of extra gameplay, Gardiner told IGN. And once downloaded, the extra content can be played through at any level - providing the player has left Vault 101. A quest objective and map marker will show you where to go.

Operation: Anchorage is a military simulation of a battle that happened long ago in Fallout 3 lore. The program exists today to help the government run counter-offensive training should the Chinese red army ever rise to power again.

As a simulation, adventurers will lose the use of their resources and have to survive within the rules of the software. The focus will be on stealth and combat, according to Gardiner, as part of Strike Team decked out with unique armour, weapons, tools and "exotic" gadgets.

Some of these you will be able to keep. Plus there will be a Covert Ops perk on offer, as well as new Achievements.

Operation: Anchorage should also look and feel "vastly different" to the majority of environments in Fallout 3, as the battle took place before the world was reduced to nuclear rubble. Gardiner said to expect plenty of bright ice and snow.

Apparently the team had a "massive amount" of art resources at hand to build the content from scratch, and has even found time to improve NPC animation and behaviour with the environment.

As Gardiner pointed out, Bethesda wants to try new things with DLC, rather that stick rigidly to the same formula.

"It's important to our team to use DLC as a way for us to flex our creativity, to try new things and answer the 'wouldn't have been cool if we did this?' question that always comes up towards a games completion; when it's too late to try them," said Gardiner.

"Don't worry, we're trying something a little different with all of our upcoming content so there will be plenty of the morally grey, multiple path quest lines everyone loves the franchise for."

Bethesda has two other batches of downloadable content planned: The Pitt in February and Broken Steel in March.

The former adds an industrial raider town in the remains of Pittsburgh, where players will face tricky allegiance decisions.

Broken Steel, on the other hand, recruits adventurers into the Brotherhood of Steel and lets play continue after the conclusion of the main quest. This, said Gardiner, also means a rise in the level cap, although by how much is unknown.

But before any of this, Bethesda plans to release a patch addressing bugs in all three versions of Fallout 3.

"We are releasing an update for all versions of Fallout 3 prior to the release of [Operation: Anchorage]. We take pride in fixing issues that are found by our fans and posted in our forums," concluded Gardiner.

Fallout 3 downloadable content will, remember, only be heading to Xbox 360 and PC. There are currently no plans for PS3 extras.

I'm looking forward to this
Old 19 December 2008, 08:34 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

None available for PS3......good lol
Old 19 December 2008, 09:54 PM
Flaps
Scooby Regular

I'm playing this at the moment, it's bloody HUGE! My last save was at 19 hours and i'm only 4/5 missions in! I've just sat down in 112.
I might have a look at the DLC. Cheers.
Old 19 December 2008, 10:12 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

DLC is being released from next year so you will have plenty of time to finish the main part
Took me 65 hours to do the first run and that was missing some missions so i went back to get the rest of the achievements which took about 45 each for neutral karma and bad karma.

If you enjoy this then their previous game on the 360 Oblivion may take your fancy it's a sword and sorcery epic now that was big 140+ hours
Old 20 December 2008, 09:28 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Lol Ive only just started playing and got to the Tube station. Map is fecking huge and I keep forgetting to save before I start my next fight. Got owned by some mutant gimp with a minigun

Simon
Old 20 December 2008, 10:34 AM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Hmmm, I finished the game in around 20 hours. Wasn't impressed with the size to be honest (especially after Oblivion which was a much bigger game). May go back and give it another go to get some more of the achievements and play with the dlc though...
Old 20 December 2008, 10:36 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic
Lol Ive only just started playing and got to the Tube station. Map is fecking huge and I keep forgetting to save before I start my next fight. Got owned by some mutant gimp with a minigun

Simon

When you enter place/tube station etc it should autosave (top left corner you will see a little face) so it does make it easier when you die to NOT have replay lots of it.
Old 20 December 2008, 10:52 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by myblackwrx
When you enter place/tube station etc it should autosave (top left corner you will see a little face) so it does make it easier when you die to NOT have replay lots of it.
Yeah it did but then I went around killing a few more people before running into some chap with a minigun welding gimp in tow. I tried to run but it was futile

Simon
Old 20 December 2008, 10:58 AM
DJ_Jon
911 C4 pilot

I've just got out of the tube station & run into the Brotherhood of Steel. Awesome game so far.

Last edited by DJ_Jon; 20 December 2008 at 01:16 PM.
Old 20 December 2008, 11:12 AM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

Whoever negged my post, ur sad, and yes I know who you are! Anyway, I will always be on the xbox bandwagon but I do also own a PS3 only to play my few friends who have a ps3 rather than the xbox, and for the blu ray

I stopped myself buying fallout3 only as my mum moaned that I buy every game on release and she had no games to buy me for xmas, so she will be buying me fable 2 and fallout3.

So is fo3 as good as people say it is? reviews look good and the videos ive seen.
Old 20 December 2008, 11:54 AM
wazo'swrx
Scooby Regular

Ive only just started playing this game , Was not to sure i was going to enjoy it but ..... i love it , great big mutants , flame throwers , scorpians , and all other nice things ....lol , well woth £19.99 brand new from game .
Old 20 December 2008, 01:15 PM
DJ_Jon
911 C4 pilot

Originally Posted by ash002004
Whoever negged my post, ur sad, and yes I know who you are! Anyway, I will always be on the xbox bandwagon but I do also own a PS3 only to play my few friends who have a ps3 rather than the xbox, and for the blu ray

I stopped myself buying fallout3 only as my mum moaned that I buy every game on release and she had no games to buy me for xmas, so she will be buying me fable 2 and fallout3.

So is fo3 as good as people say it is? reviews look good and the videos ive seen.

Actually Ash I just un-negged your post, so it wasn't me

I got it on the PC & PS3, I was a bit disappointed with it to start with, but after I got out of the Vault & went to the Super Dupa mart, things started to get pretty interesting. Definitely worth a purchase Ash.
Old 20 December 2008, 02:05 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=DJ_Jon;8362314]Actually Ash I just un-negged your post, so it wasn't me

Definitely worth a purchase Ash.[/QUOTE]

First decent reply you've given me.

Well hopefully as I suggested it to me mam she'll get it me for xmas....and I did make sure she knew which store had it half price So hopefully xmas day I'll be running around post-apocalyptic washington DC fighting mutants and scorpions!
Old 20 December 2008, 02:13 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic
Yeah it did but then I went around killing a few more people before running into some chap with a minigun welding gimp in tow. I tried to run but it was futile

Simon
If you do find them VATS their arm that carries the minigun they drop it and seem to be more interested in picking their weapon up then killing you but watch out if he has a mate as they will pick up the minigun and use the buggers

Ash it is worth buying simply because you can play it how you want (although don't do the main quest to start with use the side quests to build up your character)
You pick up weapons from pistols to a nuclear missile launcher from machine guns to laser minguns.
The VATS system is a nice rpg style battle system (although you can play without using it)
Old 20 December 2008, 02:24 PM
DJ_Jon
911 C4 pilot

Originally Posted by ash002004
Originally Posted by DJ_Jon
Actually Ash I just un-negged your post, so it wasn't me

Definitely worth a purchase Ash.
First decent reply you've given me.

Well hopefully as I suggested it to me mam she'll get it me for xmas....and I did make sure she knew which store had it half price So hopefully xmas day I'll be running around post-apocalyptic washington DC fighting mutants and scorpions!

Well... It is Christmas!

Don't worry too much fella, I still think you are an utter cock

feel free to neg my post
Old 20 December 2008, 02:26 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

Old 20 December 2008, 02:28 PM
DJ_Jon
911 C4 pilot

Thats more like it! *hugs Ash
Old 20 December 2008, 02:29 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

*Sticks a huge but subtle KICK ME HARD sign on DJ Jon's back during the hug*

Old 20 December 2008, 04:47 PM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

How do you get decent weapons, I keep getting killed
Old 20 December 2008, 05:44 PM
DJ_Jon
911 C4 pilot

do the side missions from Moira in craterside supply in Megaton. She will send you to the supa dupa mart, you can pick up some decent weapons there.
Old 20 December 2008, 06:19 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobLou
How do you get decent weapons, I keep getting killed

Supa Dupa mart has a laser pistol in the right hand side in a kitchen area wioth a bit of ammo but there are 3 or 4 raiders.
A mission that you get from a guy in Moriatys bar to blow up megaton , if you get the exploder then go to the sheriff he questions the guy then you can lket the sheriff die and you get the Chinese assult rifle which is a fantastic gun I usewd it throughtout the entire game.
Go north of the place called Minefield and you will pick an Alien Recon signal which leads you to a pit with an alien laser gun (take plenty of rad protection though) BUT you can only get the ammo for it from the crash site.

The REAL special weapon are quite hard to find but

Fallout 3 Weapons - Planet Fallout Wiki

some you have to make

Last edited by myblackwrx; 20 December 2008 at 06:22 PM.
Old 22 December 2008, 11:14 PM
Flaps
Scooby Regular

Completed it today, the last save was around the 26 hour mark. I say 'completed' but there's still 13 missions that I didn't even see! (going off achievements missed). I've already re-loaded a previous save to try and tick some of those off
Really enjoyed it, I can see me playing it through again
Old 24 December 2008, 11:46 PM
bob269
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Iain Young
Hmmm, I finished the game in around 20 hours. Wasn't impressed with the size to be honest (especially after Oblivion which was a much bigger game). May go back and give it another go to get some more of the achievements and play with the dlc though...
I'd read this before hand Iain, and playing it i can see why, the game easily steers you in the direction of the main missions which were uber short, however having played oblivion/shivering isle i spent a lot of time igorning the quest and just pottering about, really enjoyed it. i think i finished up on 50hrs.
Old 29 December 2008, 12:23 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

Hey guys, got fallout for xmas (Had no internet since xmas eve though) and it is a brilliant game! although I havent got very far, I left megaton after lieing to the bar owner saying he knew my dad, and he told me to head towards galaxy radio, and when I get to washington I get a save spot at a subway station, and im guessing going through the subway will will take me there, but after delving a bit into the subway I got as far as a locked gate next to a fence with these burnt guys behind, and tried picking the lock and buggered it up. So that way isnt an option anymore, so I thought I'd go on foot on ground level towards my mission blip for the radio, and i keep getting killed!!!! god i cant kill anything unless using the vats system, lol. I got as so far as the chrysler building with about 6 green mutants in, round the corner from the station entrance I was talking about there is a green mutant with a minigun i think (sub machine gun coming from the waist so id assume its a minigun) and i keep trying to kill him but to no avail, i want that gun! a few days ago i did go a different way across the streets and got a hunting rifle off some guy i killed but havent took that path so im still at the chrysler building area, stalking three guys who have grenades amd one has a flame thrower....as i can use some more flamer ammo. Great game though, although im stuck! Can anyone tell me if galaxy radio is accesible on ground level? or do I HAVE to go underground through the subway? thanks

Also got Fable 2, and tbh have been playing that alot more that fallout, when I first started the game I thought it was childish and nearly took the disc out, but as u grow older and start exploring and doing missions it gets brilliant and very adult minded brilliant game
Old 29 December 2008, 01:00 PM
mok
Scooby Regular

Lock picking tip below
The eaisest way to pick locks is try twice and then exit out and try again this way you dont break any pins

also with hacking try 3 times and then exit out.
Old 29 December 2008, 01:05 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

Nice one I use the same myself for the hacking, but neve thought to use the same method for lockpicking (Duh!)
Old 29 December 2008, 01:49 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Galaxy Radio is accessible by ground BUT you have to use the transit system to get to places where you go over ground.
If the mission is to meet 3 Dogs then i would be do some side missions to get more ammo,better armour and better weapons as you will meet the Brotherhood of Steel who are going to reinforce the building when you get there they will be quite a few Super Mutants and something else
Always search any bodies you find.
This is part of the main quest (as you may have guessed)
Old 30 December 2008, 01:17 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

It's bloody hard, lol. I got the three guys with grenades and more flamer ammo. Then further up the road theres a big red rocket statue and 3 raiders, further up two green mutants with miniguns and another two raiders one of which has a bazooka, so I ran like a chicken infront of all of them and they started fighting, I backed off and let then kill themselves then picked off the last mutant that was injured, picked up all the minigun ammo etc but couldnt find the body who had the bazooka, so thats one weapon I didnt manage to find after all. I've found friendship heights i think, and an underground rock cave or something which is in that little area. I also went back 2 megaton and grassed that burke guy up to the sherrif to blow up the bomb, sherrif dies, i kill the government guy and get the chinese assault rifle and silent pistols etc. but Im seriously skint and need some stimpaks!!!!! finally spoke to moira and have to expose myself to 600's worth of radiation, where would I find that much? I havent noticed a blip on the map for that side mission. enjoying the game now im gettin a little somwhere rather than dieing!
Old 30 December 2008, 02:01 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Re: 600 rads, just stand in the water by the bomb in Megaton and keep crouching. Keep an eye on your rads, then run back when you breach 600.

I loved this game, but was hoping for a bit more from it. It all became a bit samey after a while, and as mentioned, a bit cramped in space, but I still managed to run through it twice playing two different styles, first time took about 40 hours, second about 20, so I still got my money's worth
Old 30 December 2008, 02:12 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Do most of Moiras tasks for her book first as that gets you up a few levels and plenty of places to explore whilst doing it.
(Planting the chip in the robot factory you will need a high Hacking skill to help you )

If you need to find more stuff got to Springvale High school (north of Megaton) there are plenty of raiders in there but that does mean plenty of weapons and equipment that you can repair and sell.

I've completed ALL the achievements (sad i know) and it just gets better each time imo

Last edited by myblackwrx; 30 December 2008 at 02:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Fallout 3 DLC