Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Whats the best way to link pc to Tv for sound?

Search this Thread

Old 06 December 2008, 11:47 AM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the best way to link pc to Tv for sound?

As my tv has a vga port I might as well link the pc to the tv to watch online content. (saves binning a pc that still works) as this is all its used for as I have now switched over to Apple (europeans don't seem to know Macs exist)

Whats the easiest way to link the PC's sound card into the tv rather than having it pump the sound through dedicted speakers?

The TV in question is a Samsung flat panel with component, hdmi and a couple of other connectors I've never seen before!!
Old 06 December 2008, 12:19 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It depends upon the Sound card mate. I have a Creative X-Fi with optical out so I can plug that straight into the amp.... you know, I've been meaning to run the pc on the 40" TV for some time. I wonder what Fallout 3 would look like?

Anyway, what outputs do you have and are you running any kind of amp for the TV?

If not and you have a standard stereo connector you'll probably need something like a stereo jack to phono connector cable like: Twin Phono to 3.5mm Stereo Jack Lead > Maplin